Votes: 4 7.1%
  • Jason Thompson

Votes: 37 66.1%
  • Derrick Williams

Votes: 4 7.1%
  • Quincy Acy

Votes: 3 5.4%

• Total voters
Now that the Kings have 3 or more power forwards, who should start next to DMC?

Evans? Give the kings the best rebounding but no offense, which isn't so bad with 3 20ppg players in the starting line up.

Landry? Gives the kings the best offense but little defense and rebounding.

Thompson? The only full size PF of the group. Solid but unspectacular starter. An ideal third big off the bench, when DMC or PF get in foul trouble.

Williams? More of an small forward but could be a stretch 4.

Acy? High energy banger.

Glenn

Hall of Famer
Lets keep the answers to players currently on the team. Draft picks are all in the future and speculation.

Thanks
Excuse me. I'll wait 28 games. I'd start JT just as usual and use Evans as much as possible coming off the bench. Landry will need him as a partner.

I'd start JT just as usual and use Evans as much as possible coming off the bench. Landry will need him as a partner.
Yeah I wouldn't disrupt the current starters since the new guys aren't really future pieces either. I'd try to platoon Landry and Cousins as much as possible, so there's always a low post threat on the floor. I do wonder if they liked the possibility of pairing Evans and Landry so that Evans could maybe mitigate Landry's weakness on the boards.

Acy is still only 23 years old and sophomore. I would give him every minute over 34y.o. guy, who will be out of the League in 2015.

Back to the point of this thread that should still be Thompson, if he doesn't start sulking, after once again being informed that his team has no interest in keeping him.

Spike

Subsidiary Intermediary
Staff member
I think Thompson and Cousins seem to work together best, if only by the fact that they know each other's games. I would make sure to pair Landry with a banger whenever he's out there, and rotate Thompson into the 5 spot more consistently, provided he can stay out of trouble. Acy to me gives solid energy, but it doesn't seem sustainable over the course of the game if he's given starter minutes.

Glenn

Hall of Famer
I have no question that Landry can score but then I think the same of Jimmer. I think Landry is still getting back into playing shape and don't expect miracles. Well, I never expected miracles but I expect him to play better than he is. Somehow his signing has to make sense.

Glenn

Hall of Famer
I think Thompson and Cousins seem to work together best, if only by the fact that they know each other's games. I would make sure to pair Landry with a banger whenever he's out there, and rotate Thompson into the 5 spot more consistently, provided he can stay out of trouble. Acy to me gives solid energy, but it doesn't seem sustainable over the course of the game if he's given starter minutes.
And Acy's outside shot is improving. :confused: Actually I agree with you but I can never refuse the opportunity to add to the lunacy when you post a note.

I'd go with Thompson then Landry but coach sounds like he is leaning to Landry then Thompson, maybe. I understand that Landry is one they want to measure again since his injury. They know Thompson. We all would love to see Evans and Acy but again, they know Acy and Evans a back-seater in their plans. Interesting to see the juggling that will go on. Maybe each will get ten minutes a game.

JT is the most overall talented player but I'm just done with his attitude. He complains almost as much as Demarcus but with way less talent to cover it up.

I say Evans or Acy simply because we already have a ton of offense in the starting 5.

JT is the most overall talented player but I'm just done with his attitude. He complains almost as much as Demarcus but with way less talent to cover it up.

I say Evans or Acy simply because we already have a ton of offense in the starting 5.
lol, I am tired of his complaining too. Does a stupid offensive foul and then cries to the refs. Evans and Acy would probably be best as we do not need offense

Weren't they already trying to trade him?

Horrible albatross signing.
Well, we can at least thank new CBA, that it was only 4 years (would've been 6 years in 2005), and now only 3 left. Plus people forget, that this year salary cap rises, and it's due for more, once new TV deal is signed, so we might see "inflation", and $6.5 million per year might become more acceptable.
Point is, if Landry proves he's serviceable again, there might be a fair market for him as soon as this summer.

Landry has had such a hard time of it on this board, but he's the guy they believe in - might as well play him and see how it goes.
Kinda funny how almost every guy the FO has sorta brought in as their guy or been really high on has just failed miserably thus far.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Sucks that Milwaukee only has 10 wins on the season. There is no way we could catch them at this point even if we lost every game rest of the reason
And even if we caught Milwaukee we'd still only have a 25% chance of getting the top pick. If you look at the Kings record in that regard, I certainly wouldn't be putting money on it happening.

Last edited:
You mean like Rudy Gay. You can say the same about most holdovers. I'd be playing Landry, Evans and Acy.
Evans is 34 y.o., who is likely out of NBA after his current contract ends. Give all leftover front court minutes to Acy. When there's no one standing, Evans can enter the game.

dude12

Hall of Famer
Not sure I'd throw Williams in that group. He's young but there are some major issues in his game and he isn't worth his salary. It was a talent grab which was fine but it's also taking up cap space.
Yeah...he's had some good moments but he's also had more than a few poor outings....I've become less enthusiastic about him at his salary.....he's a jack of all trades, master of none.