Who needs to stay?

I say we keep.....

Bibby, Miller, Peja... The rest are expendable. Why not go after a Jermaine O'neal, or a Pau Gasol?

And if Divac is healthy enough to play a bench role, I would try to get the big guy as well.

keep bibb, peja and miller, bobby, mo, and darius(maybe)....try and get bobby simmons from the clips and stromile from the grizz...i think that would be a good team. Simmons to hit open jumpers and hustle for loose balls and rebounds and plus he is a decent size guy...6'6" 230, then we get stromile to play pf or center depending on where miller would fit better. Just an opinion...but i think it's a decent team.

Last edited:
Gary said:
I say we keep.....

Bibby, Miller, Peja... The rest are expendable. Why not go after a Jermaine O'neal, or a Pau Gasol?

And if Divac is healthy enough to play a bench role, I would try to get the big guy as well.
yeah i think we should definetly keep miller and bibby, and if we get a good enough deal then we can trade peja, but otherwise we should keep him too. and for divac well i definetly think we should try to get him back becuase just having him on the bench would lift up our spirits, i mean hes divac how can he not lift up your spirits. lol. thats my thoughts.

My keeps.....

Bibby
Peja
Miller
Evans
Songaila
Williamson
Thomas
House
Tag/Skinner-See below

Get rid of Bobby-I can't remember the last time we actually saw him affective. Was it this season or last?

Cat-As much as I like the man, he is not a good fit. Give him back to Orlando for Matt Barnes.

Skinner/Tag-Tough call. I like him. He is young and wants to suceed, and I can see him being a moldable player so really a toss up between he and Tag.

K-Mart-Totally replaceable. Like the guy, but doesn't bring anything great.
Daniels-Well........

I'd keep Bojax. You obviously need a backup PG who can give Bibby a rest so he doesn't tire down. Plus, Bobby is cheap. I'd trade him if it was a package deal for someone big in return, but otherwise keep him.

Daniela said:
i would agree with ya there. a lotta people on this site have developed a soft spot for him, and how could you not? its always fun to root for the young, blossoming rookies in this league, but i'm sorry, unless he gains about 15-20 pounds of muscle in the off season, i just dont see the kings having a use for him. he's got heart. he hustles and plays really hard, but he's just too little. he gets pushed around too much. as it is, he's an investment....but a cheap one. so, basically, keep him around, unless somebody wants him in a package deal w/ other players.

hmm i wonder if petrie will make a trade immediately. he is notorious for trading players after the season. though we have to wait for cat and other player option guys.

We need Mike, Peja, Miller, Songaila, maybe Mobley.. and the rest are fair game for trade. I still think Songaila has more potential than he's putting out..

Then again, maybe this probably isn't the right team to try and bring out the potential in a bench player. :rolleyes:

Of course everyone wants to keep Bibby, Peja, and Brad, but I'm not all that attatched to any one player. Depending on the trade, I would give up anyone on the team. If Shaq can be traded, anyone can.
Watching the playoffs made me realize how much we truly need a SUPERSTAR. Bibby is great, Peja can be, Brad can be, but none of them are superstars. Superstars step up whenever they are called upon, always improve their games in the playoffs, play defense, and can create their shot whenever they want.

Obviously the list of true superstar players is short, but we desperately need one in order to legitimately compete for a title. We don't have the depth that we used to with Webber, Divac, Christie, and even guys like Hedo and JJ. I don't know what it will take to get a superstar, but I have trust in Petrie that he will find a way

I would hate to see Bibby, Peja, or Miller go. I think that Big changes are coming, but I don't see those three going. Any of the others would not shock me. Of course, I never saw the Christie trade coming! I agree that moving one of these three guys would be harmful to team chemistry, but can you really disrupt it anymore than it already had been this season? I say all of that to say, ANYTHING and NOTHING Petrie does will shock me. Whatever it is, I believe will have everyone saying, "How did he do that?" Since I think the moves this season have something to do with the plan he already has for the off season, I'll just sit back and wait to see what rabbit he pulls out of his hat this time!

Why do you think K-9 should go ?
I personally really like Thomas's game. Sure he is undersized, but he could be a very valuable back up if we get someone else to start at 4.

sloter said:
Why do you think K-9 should go ?
I personally really like Thomas's game. Sure he is undersized, but he could be a very valuable back up if we get someone else to start at 4.
Ok Player but like you said he is undersized and the getting payed $ 42,154,686 over the next 6 years, that is too much for Kenny Thomas, he needs to go because of his contract and his shakey play.

Last edited:

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
Andriod_KiNg said:
Ok Player but like you said he is undersized and the getting payed $ 42,154,686 over the next 6 years, that is too much for Kenny Thomas, he needs to go because of his contract and his shakey play.
AleksandarN said:
Speaking of KT I do not think he would like a back up role. You think Tony Massenberg was a problem think again.
I think that those are kind of the two factors really arguing for moving KT rather than just moving him to the bench. He has a huge contract for a player at his level, and my impression is that he really carries a chip around on his shoulder and would not be a happy camper or good lockerroom presence as a bench player.

Unfortunately it does not look like he can play SF really, or at least he was never given the chance, so it limits the options of what to do with a 6'7" player. Both by probably meaning that moving him to SF and trading Peja is not realyl inthe works, and by meaning that if you had him as a backup he'd pretty much be a $6 to $8 million dollar pure undersized backup PF rather than a guy who could freely swing from the 4 to the 3 and backup both positions.

Warhawk

Give blood and save a life!
Staff member
Daniela said:
My keeps.....

Bibby
Peja
Miller
Evans
Songaila
Williamson
Thomas
House
Tag/Skinner-See below

Get rid of Bobby-I can't remember the last time we actually saw him affective. Was it this season or last?

Cat-As much as I like the man, he is not a good fit. Give him back to Orlando for Matt Barnes.

Skinner/Tag-Tough call. I like him. He is young and wants to suceed, and I can see him being a moldable player so really a toss up between he and Tag.

Daniels-Well........
Pretty much agree. I'd like to keep Skinner as a PF - REBOUNDS - and get another C to back up Brad. I like Thomas (a quiet double double threat every night), but he is spendy. Corliss plays well in spots, but lacks consistency night after night. He may have to go because of his salary. Same for KT, but I think he stays unless a really good offfer comes along. I like his game and think with time could really fit in well, maybe as SF if Peja goes? I think GP likes him as well....

Bobby will probably be gone - I'd keep House as the backup PG for now, especially for a bargain price - he's shown he can run this team and shoot well once he fit in.

If RA stays, Tag needs to go in the deal to get a better backup C. Rick just doesn't play him. Maybe Tag will have a change of heart and actually get/stay in shape over the summer?

The Cat may fit in better with a camp under his belt (I think this goes for the entire team), but I think he opts out, and if not, he might be gone as well.

Really think we need to keep Evans. Darius can play well in his given role, so keep him if he is at a reasonable price.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Pretty good assessments, Brick, and they gave me a great basis for comparison. If I agreed with you I just left your rankings. If I moved a player, I put my reasons next to them.

Thanks!

Bibby ( 9 )
Miller ( 8 )
Evans ( 6 )
Martin ( 6 )
House ( 6 ) I didn't like him at first, but he's got the potential to develop into a pretty good backup for Mike, especially if they work on passing over the summer.
Williamson (6) - He can play the post; and he's the ONLY defensive minded player on the squad. I would really like to see him stay.
Songaila ( 5 ) I like his energy and hustle and exuberance. I think he just needs a little more time to develop. Every team needs role players and I think Darius is a good one for us to keep around.
Bobby ( 5 ) While I love Bobby and what he brings to the team, I think if he could be part of a deal to bring a key player to the team it's worth considering.
Peja ( 5 ) If we could move Peja in a package deal for KG or someone like that, I'd have to say let him go. On the other hand, his last couple of performances could be an indication of a return to his old form. I trust Petrie on this one because I'm honestly up in the air about him and his future here.
Mobley ( 3 ) - I like his enthusiasm, his desire, his heart, etc. but if he cannot develop a passing game and/or a big of defense, we need to let him go somewhere with a need for another shoot first player.
Skinner ( 3 ) - Not quite as sold him as I was at first. If he can be part of a deal to bring in a REAL power forward, I'd be all for it.
Thomas ( 2 ) - His contract is smothering and he's just good enough to make people want to keep him around but he's simply NOT big enough, IMHO, to be our starting PF.
Tag ( 2 ) - If he stays, I certainly hope he's in better shape and sits ON the
bench, where maybe Adelman will actually remember he's there, instead of behind it and out of RA's line of sight.

In Conclusion - Kingsfans.com

I totalled the votes and tossed-out all the ambivalent statements. The results are interesting. The opinions of hard-core Kings fans probably count for something. Here are the totals, listed in descending order.

17 Mike Bibby
16 Brad Miller
12 Peja Stojakovic
11 Maurice Evans
9 Darius Songaila

7 Bobby Jackson
6 Eddie House
5 Brian Skinner
4 Corlis Williamson
4 Kevin Martin
3 Kenny Thomas
2 Greg Ostertag
0 Cuttino Mobley

I doubt that Geoff Petrie and Rick Adelman will trade players on the basis of ephemeral fan opinions. I wonder how many of the lower echelon guys will be here next year.

i really think that bibby and miller will both be untouchables...and petrie really really likes peja so im not sayin hes an untouchable, but, even with all the talk last year about trades and stuff i really think peja will stay

Regardless of the changes that take place this summer, I'll cheer for any player in a Kings uni. What I really want to see is Vlade as an assistant coach, and Doug as our defensive coordinator.

BRING EM BACK TO SAC!!