Whitney RIP

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
I feel incredibly sad about this. First, because of her talent. Second, because it's clear that her life was ruined by excess, which is a price too many of our musicians pay for their fame.

Sad ending to a hard life. So much beauty and talent. She touched the lives of countless people, though, with her stunningly beautiful voice.

Last edited:

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
I'm usually not impressed with how the music community honors those who have passed, but the Grammy producers did it right. Jennifer Hudson did an excellent tribute.

You know what's crazy? Besides the fact that I'm so late to this thread...

She wasn't at the top very long. I mean, she blew the heck up, and for good reason, but it's been 20 years since The Bodyguard, which was her absolute peak. After that, she did a couple more movies and a couple more albums, but nothing even remotely close. She didn't even hang around doing features or commercials or really anything. No guest judge spots on American Idol or special causes or charities or anything. She hit her peak, and her reputation lived off of that for the rest of her life, really.

Sucks.