Where's Brick!??!

He made a cameo appearance in the [Game] thread, before the start of the game. I'd be surprised if he had anything more to say than that.
Which is a shame. Fox is going to be better than Cousins, not only sooner in the "college to now" but with a larger impact. He hitched himself to a train that will have to hit a few stations and a larger "locomotive" before it reaches the hill and has enough oomph to go over. Which is 50/50 He ends back up on this train..

SLAB

Hall of Famer
Which is a shame. Fox is going to be better than Cousins, not only sooner in the "college to now" but with a larger impact. He hitched himself to a train that will have to hit a few stations and a larger "locomotive" before it reaches the hill and has enough oomph to go over. Which is 50/50 He ends back up on this train..
Saying Fox is going to better than Cousins is a massive reach at this point.

Can he be? Sure.... Maybe. Cuz is elite right now. Idk what his detractors say.

Will he be? That's TBD.

Brick is gone. He is a man of principle. He will never, ever be a Kings fan again. He may find amusement from our success, but will never be a fan the way he was before. Ever. I would bet my life savings on it.

I'm not sure why people don't get this, but Brick did not leave to follow Cousins. He left due to organizational incompetence, and he chose to follow the best player the Kings ever drafted. Fox could end up being better than Cousins. But Brick's loyalty to the org was stretched too far, and the Cousins trade was the 500 lb log that broke the camel's back.

Brick is gone. He is a man of principle. He will never, ever be a Kings fan again. He may find amusement from our success, but will never be a fan the way he was before. Ever. I would bet my life savings on it.

I'm not sure why people don't get this, but Brick did not leave to follow Cousins. He left due to organizational incompetence, and he chose to follow the best player the Kings ever drafted. Fox could end up being better than Cousins. But Brick's loyalty to the org was stretched too far, and the Cousins trade was the 500 lb log that broke the camel's back.
Co-signed. He'll be changing teams again soon too and I have no issue with that either. Demps and Gentry get as close to organizational ineptness as there is, it's a stone throw comparison to the us a few seasons ago. Gentry trying to turn boogie into a dam jump shooting outside in player. Who knows what's going on there.

Boogie holds the keys to the future superpower in the NBA. He is the key to the next superteam. I am certain he will join another all star in free agency and together they will recruit another. That or he'll end up on the Celtics or Spurs, joining a well built, drama free organization and prove that he can lead an offense to the promised Land and beyond. he would be joining immensly well balanced teams in those two who should be able to find some cap flexibility to afford him.

Heaven forbid he join the Lakers because they will build a dam team around him and our paths will cross again as fate and karma would have it.

Let's just hope it doesnt end up as another Vlade tip to the Lakers.

Last edited:

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
...Heaven forbid he join the Lakers because they will build a dam team around him and our paths will cross again as fate and karma would have it.
I'd have to search to find it, but I know DMC has made it clear there's no love lost between he and the Lakers. One thing you can count on with him? He doesn't compromise his principles. I think we can be reasonably sure he will not end up with the Lakers, Clippers or Warriors.

Co-signed. He'll be changing teams again soon too and I have no issue with that either. Demps and Gentry get as close to organizational ineptness as there is, it's a stone throw comparison to the us a few seasons ago. Gentry trying to turn boogie into a dam jump shooting outside in player. Who knows what's going on there.

Boogie holds the keys to the future superpower in the NBA. He is the key to the next superteam. I am certain he will join another all star in free agency and together they will recruit another. That or he'll end up on the Celtics or Spurs, joining a well built, drama free organization and prove that he can lead an offense to the promised Land and beyond. he would be joining immensly well balanced teams in those two who should be able to find some cap flexibility to afford him.

Heaven forbid he join the Lakers because they will build a dam team around him and our paths will cross again as fate and karma would have it.

Let's just hope it doesnt end up as another Vlade tip to the Lakers.
It would be in Boogie's redemption story arc to foil a Kings revenge plot against their embittered rivals. The poetic justice of that would be fitting to Cousins' immense personality. The Kings were screwed in 2001 and instead of being able to get revenge on their former tormenters, the guy THEY screwed over stuffs them once again.

I'd rather he go to the Spurs.

Last edited:
I'd have to search to find it, but I know DMC has made it clear there's no love lost between he and the Lakers. One thing you can count on with him? He doesn't compromise his principles. I think we can be reasonably sure he will not end up with the Lakers, Clippers or Warriors.
Agreed VF. Completely agree but all I'll say is don't discount the sales pitch that LA is capable of. Nothing is certain these days. Demarcus just wants to win and be a part of a winning franchise for a fan base that will embrace him

It would be in Boogie's redemption story arc to foil a Kings revenge plot against their embittered rivals. The poetic justice of that would be fitting to Cousin's immense personality. The Kings were screwed in 2001 and instead of being able to get revenge on their former tormeners, the guy THEY screwed over stuffs them once again.

Me too. It would be karma personified.

The Celtics need to forget Drummond and realize they'd have a near dynasty by bringing demarcus in. But yeah the spurs to clear cap space. Pop to leverage his team usa connection with boogie and the spurs to continue rolling

HndsmCelt

Hall of Famer
"I'll be aroun' in the dark. I'll be everywhere-wherever you look. Wherever there is a fight so hungry people can eat, I'll be there. Wherever there is a cop beatin' up a guy, I'll be there...I'll be in the way kids laugh when they're hungry and they know supper's ready. An' when our folk eat the stuff they raise an' live in the houses they build—why, I'll be there. " Tom Joad

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Agreed VF. Completely agree but all I'll say is don't discount the sales pitch that LA is capable of. Nothing is certain these days. Demarcus just wants to win and be a part of a winning franchise for a fan base that will embrace him
But IMHO the kind of sales pitch LA would toss at him isn't the kind of bait he would be interested in. He doesn't crave the bright lights of the big city and that's their biggest bauble. I strongly suspect he'd really like to end up with John Wall. And that would work out quite nicely. I would give anything to see a Boogie-Wall team in the NBA. I guess we'll all just have to wait and see what happens. He could surprise us all and actually stay in New Orleans. Or not...

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
It would be in Boogie's redemption story arc to foil a Kings revenge plot against their embittered rivals. The poetic justice of that would be fitting to Cousin's immense personality. The Kings were screwed in 2001 and instead of being able to get revenge on their former tormeners, the guy THEY screwed over stuffs them once again.

I'll respectfully disagree. The scenario you're imagining is totally out of character for the big guy. All I know for certain is what I saw last night showed growth and maturity. After watching that, the lump in my throat only got larger but I still believe it was right for us to part ways because it wouldn't have happened here. :(

Sorry for all the vids:) But the whole Boogie back in town, discussion about Brick and the thoughts about what might have been...........................................................

Who the hell cares? He's pandering for Cuz. What else is new? We've been losing games and have looked straight up ugly in some of these games, but even with that said I'm enjoying these games more than I could recollect in the past. There's massive potential. We don't have Boogie to get us irrelevant wins for temporary relief, we have young prospects who actually look like they could turn this team around.

Guy has proven he is a garbage "fan". Why are we worrying about him? We got wayyyyyyyyyyyyyy more potential than the Pelicans.