what was the last movie you watched?

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Folsom Al, Jan 8, 2006.

1. VF21

VF21 #KingsFansForever Staff Member Contributor

Just finished watching The Accountant. Actually better than I thought it would be. Looking forward to the sequel. :)
    Merdiesel likes this.
  2. pshn80

pshn80 Well-Known Member

Dal M for Murder. Always great.
    Telemachus and Capt. Factorial like this.
  3. Warhawk

Warhawk The cake is a lie. Staff Member Contributor

Constantine - I picked up the DVD years ago and it sat unopened on my shelf. Decided to throw it in and watch it. When I opened up the packaging there was some kind of an offer that expired in 2005. Yeah, it's been sitting on the shelf for a while!
    kingsfan1984 likes this.
  4. Merdiesel

Merdiesel Well-Known Member

Dunkirk. Definitely worth seeing in the theater.. its incredible.
    VF21 likes this.
  5. Warhawk

I'm sure it's a great movie, but for some reason I can rarely get interested in movies based on real events. I watch the trailers and say "that looks great", but I don't want to SEE them. I think a lot of it comes from watching some movies about real events and knowing all the "liberties" they take with them so the story isn't "real". Also, sometimes I read/watch the events when they happen and just have no interest in seeing a movie based on it.

Of course, there are exceptions, like Tombstone. But those seem to be few and far between.
  6. Ozymandias

Ozymandias Well-Known Member

Lion (Netflix) is fantastic. One of the best performances you'll ever see from a kid actor. It's beautifully shot too.

BTW I'm gonna be posting in this thread a lot, I'm a movie junkie.
  7. Warhawk

In the middle of Terminator 2 (coming to theaters later this year in 3D!), and checking out Atomic Blonde later today (taking my dad for his birthday).
  8. kingsboi

kingsboi Well-Known Member

watched The Circle last night and while it wasn't a very good movie, it sure tells a story about the current world we are living in and the future of it.
    Last edited: Jul 30, 2017
    Ozymandias likes this.
  9. Ozymandias

Italian movie from 1975, Seven Beauties. Someone recommended I check out Lina Wertmuller and this was a great start. I particularly like the opening scene and the dialogue throughout.
    [​IMG]
  10. pdxKingsFan

pdxKingsFan Well-Known Member

Do you know what love is?

I took my son to see The Emoji Movie on my birthday.

That was his request for our day together.
  11. Hoovtrain

Hoovtrain Well-Known Member

Apes was awesome
    Dunkirk was awesome
    Shot Caller was very underrated and I enjoyed it
  12. pshn80

pshn80 Well-Known Member

The Lady Vanishes circa 1938, always a good watch. Not many movies anymore with Dame May Witty.
    Ozymandias likes this.
  13. OptimusRhyme

OptimusRhyme Jive Turkey Contributor

"The Witch".. One of the best horror movies i've seen in a while. It legit creeped me out and its very thought provoking. I got the same sense of pure evil from it that I did when I watched The Shining.
    pdxKingsFan likes this.
  14. VF21

VF21 #KingsFansForever Staff Member Contributor

I'd never heard of this one, so I checked IMDB. Sounds interesting! :)
    OptimusRhyme likes this.
  15. Ozymandias

[​IMG]
    1974 (not the Guy Ritchie remake!!)

This has gotta be my favorite relationship between a male and female lead in any movie. If you're a feminist this is definitely not the movie for you.
  16. Chupacabra

Chupacabra Well-Known Member

Thanks! Im going to check it out this weekend. Love the horror genre.
    VF21 and OptimusRhyme like this.
  17. Warhawk

Mr. and Mrs. Smith - a guilty pleasure and a fun little movie. Ending is way too Hollywood (as are parts of the rest of the movie, generally to a lesser extent), but I still like it. I think Pitt and Jolie played well off each other in the film.
    biltalent likes this.
  18. Telemachus

Telemachus Well-Known Member

I like the fight scene in the mini-van with Air Supply playing.
  19. Warhawk

There are just so many little funny lines in that one.

John Smith: We have an unusual problem here, Jane. You obviously want me dead, and I'm less and less concerned for your well-being.

[both have discovered that they were on the desert and one tried to kill the other]
    John Smith: I missed you.
    Jane Smith: I missed you too.

Jane Smith: [driving a stolen minivan] My parents died when I was five. I'm an orphan.
    John Smith: Who was that kind fellow who gave you away at our wedding?
    Jane Smith: Paid actor.
    John Smith: I said, I said I saw your dad on "Fantasy Island"!
    John Smith: I can't believe I brought my real parents to our wedding.

Eddie: [in Eddie's kitchen] This broad is not your wife, she's the enemy.
    John Smith: She tried to kill me.
    Eddie: They all try to kill you. Slowly, painfully, cripplingly, and then wham. They hurt you. How you going to handle it?
    John Smith: [holding an assault rifle, walking past the door] I'm going to borrow this.
    Eddie: I like where your head's at, man.
  20. Kingsfan23

Kingsfan23 Well-Known Member

I love tower theatre. More often than not if something is getting over 75% on rotten tomatoes I'm there. Today Lady Macbeth, with my 13 dollar combo drink/popcorn/butterfinger. The ghost movie was terrible though. Such ambience to that theatre, screams Sacramento at its heart

Detroit was decent, at least watchable. Girl Trip was good. I thought Dunkirk was ok, little more action and a little less character development than I thought
  21. Kingsfan23

Kingsfan23 Well-Known Member

A movie set in Sacramento has now just set a rottentomatoes record with most amounts of reviews that are fresh (Lady Bird). I might see it this week
  22. Warhawk

Saw it last weekend with my wife. We both thought it was a good movie. I don't think it is *quite* as good as some people say, but especially as Sacramento area residents I thought it resonated with us to a certain extent.
  23. Padrino

Padrino Well-Known Member

My wife and I saw 'Lady Bird' at the Tower Theater, and we thought it was absolutely wonderful. Having grown up in the Sacramento area during the time the film was set, I can say that it really nails the malaise of youth in a place devoid of the life that youth desperately wants to find. I just about died when the title character derisively refers to Sacramento as "the Midwest of California." I'm not sure that even John Hughes got this close to authentically capturing the teenage experience. It's a sincere, generous, and insightful film, and I'm on the hype train recommending it to everyone I see. The first-time director, Greta Gerwig, is a Sacramento-area native, to boot. She's acted in a number of Noah Baumbach's films, including 'Frances Ha,' another movie that I adore and enjoy recommending to others (it's currently on Netflix).