what was the last movie you watched?

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Folsom Al, Jan 8, 2006.

1. VF21

VF21 #KingsFansForever Staff Member Contributor

Just finished watching The Accountant. Actually better than I thought it would be. Looking forward to the sequel. :)
    Merdiesel likes this.
  2. pshn80

pshn80 Well-Known Member

Dal M for Murder. Always great.
    Telemachus and Capt. Factorial like this.
  3. Warhawk

Warhawk The cake is a lie. Staff Member Contributor

Constantine - I picked up the DVD years ago and it sat unopened on my shelf. Decided to throw it in and watch it. When I opened up the packaging there was some kind of an offer that expired in 2005. Yeah, it's been sitting on the shelf for a while!
  4. Merdiesel

Merdiesel Well-Known Member

Dunkirk. Definitely worth seeing in the theater.. its incredible.
    VF21 likes this.
  5. Warhawk

I'm sure it's a great movie, but for some reason I can rarely get interested in movies based on real events. I watch the trailers and say "that looks great", but I don't want to SEE them. I think a lot of it comes from watching some movies about real events and knowing all the "liberties" they take with them so the story isn't "real". Also, sometimes I read/watch the events when they happen and just have no interest in seeing a movie based on it.

Of course, there are exceptions, like Tombstone. But those seem to be few and far between.
  6. Ozymandias

Ozymandias Well-Known Member

Lion (Netflix) is fantastic. One of the best performances you'll ever see from a kid actor. It's beautifully shot too.

BTW I'm gonna be posting in this thread a lot, I'm a movie junkie.
  7. Warhawk

In the middle of Terminator 2 (coming to theaters later this year in 3D!), and checking out Atomic Blonde later today (taking my dad for his birthday).
  8. kingsboi

kingsboi Well-Known Member

watched The Circle last night and while it wasn't a very good movie, it sure tells a story about the current world we are living in and the future of it.
    Last edited: Jul 30, 2017
    Ozymandias likes this.
  9. Ozymandias

Italian movie from 1975, Seven Beauties. Someone recommended I check out Lina Wertmuller and this was a great start. I particularly like the opening scene and the dialogue throughout.
    [​IMG]
  10. pdxKingsFan

pdxKingsFan Well-Known Member

Do you know what love is?

I took my son to see The Emoji Movie on my birthday.

That was his request for our day together.
  11. Hoovtrain

Hoovtrain Well-Known Member

Apes was awesome
    Dunkirk was awesome
    Shot Caller was very underrated and I enjoyed it
  12. pshn80

pshn80 Well-Known Member

The Lady Vanishes circa 1938, always a good watch. Not many movies anymore with Dame May Witty.
    Ozymandias likes this.
  13. OptimusRhyme

OptimusRhyme Jive Turkey Contributor

"The Witch".. One of the best horror movies i've seen in a while. It legit creeped me out and its very thought provoking. I got the same sense of pure evil from it that I did when I watched The Shining.
    pdxKingsFan likes this.
  14. VF21

VF21 #KingsFansForever Staff Member Contributor

I'd never heard of this one, so I checked IMDB. Sounds interesting! :)
    OptimusRhyme likes this.
  15. Ozymandias

[​IMG]
    1974 (not the Guy Ritchie remake!!)

This has gotta be my favorite relationship between a male and female lead in any movie. If you're a feminist this is definitely not the movie for you.
  16. Chupacabra

Chupacabra Well-Known Member

Thanks! Im going to check it out this weekend. Love the horror genre.
    VF21 and OptimusRhyme like this.
  17. Warhawk

Mr. and Mrs. Smith - a guilty pleasure and a fun little movie. Ending is way too Hollywood (as are parts of the rest of the movie, generally to a lesser extent), but I still like it. I think Pitt and Jolie played well off each other in the film.
    biltalent likes this.
  18. Telemachus

Telemachus Well-Known Member

I like the fight scene in the mini-van with Air Supply playing.
  19. Warhawk

There are just so many little funny lines in that one.

John Smith: We have an unusual problem here, Jane. You obviously want me dead, and I'm less and less concerned for your well-being.

[both have discovered that they were on the desert and one tried to kill the other]
    John Smith: I missed you.
    Jane Smith: I missed you too.

Jane Smith: [driving a stolen minivan] My parents died when I was five. I'm an orphan.
    John Smith: Who was that kind fellow who gave you away at our wedding?
    Jane Smith: Paid actor.
    John Smith: I said, I said I saw your dad on "Fantasy Island"!
    John Smith: I can't believe I brought my real parents to our wedding.

Eddie: [in Eddie's kitchen] This broad is not your wife, she's the enemy.
    John Smith: She tried to kill me.
    Eddie: They all try to kill you. Slowly, painfully, cripplingly, and then wham. They hurt you. How you going to handle it?
    John Smith: [holding an assault rifle, walking past the door] I'm going to borrow this.
    Eddie: I like where your head's at, man.
    Telemachus and biltalent like this.
  20. Kingsfan23

Kingsfan23 Well-Known Member

I love tower theatre. More often than not if something is getting over 75% on rotten tomatoes I'm there. Today Lady Macbeth, with my 13 dollar combo drink/popcorn/butterfinger. The ghost movie was terrible though. Such ambience to that theatre, screams Sacramento at its heart

Detroit was decent, at least watchable. Girl Trip was good. I thought Dunkirk was ok, little more action and a little less character development than I thought