what was the last movie you watched?

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Saw Guardians of the Galaxy with the little princesses and KG4. GREAT movie with tons of action, bits of humor and lots of good parts to talk about afterwards.

Saw TMNT the Michael Bay remix today. Horrible dialogue, circular panning cameras, building collapses, recycled Transformers sound effects. It's what I was expecting and we all felt bad for giving that man our money.

Warhawk

Give blood and save a life!
Staff member
Guardians of the Galaxy - I had no idea what to expect, but I liked it. I was hoping for more of an after-credits scene though. I don't know if what they had portends anything for future movies or was just a wink-wink moment to comic book fans.

pdxKingsFan

So Ordinary That It's Truly Quite Extraordinary
Staff member
Oh, I saw TMNT on Friday. Ya know, it was for the 5 year old's benefit. He liked it. Was singing the awful rap song at the end all the way home until he forgot the words.

Warhawk

Staff member
I finally had a weekend that I could sit down and watch a movie so in preparation of a certain upcoming May cinematic release, I rewatched Avengers. Has to be one of my all-time favorites at this point and you can still catch little things you may have missed before.

Warhawk

Staff member
I finally had a weekend that I could sit down and watch a movie so in preparation of a certain upcoming May cinematic release, I rewatched Avengers. Has to be one of my all-time favorites at this point and you can still catch little things you may have missed before.
Watched Avengers 2 yesterday and really enjoyed it. You can see how they are setting things up for the upcoming Civil War/Infinity War/standalone movies, including phasing out some existing characters and introducing new ones. Well done, Joss! I want to see it again to soak in more detail.

Warhawk

Staff member
Watched Ender's Game again with my son on Friday night and Mad Max: Fury Road today.

I like how for the most part they tried to stick with the book for Ender. Obviously they made some changes, but we still like that movie.

Mad Max was a Mad Max movie, but in this case just one big car chase.

Warhawk

Staff member
Spy - and it was a heck of a lot better than I expected. I still wish she would wash out that potty mouth of hers. Not because I'm a prude, but because dropping f-bombs like snow in a blizzard just isn't funny. I cringe because she thinks it is how to get laughs instead of realizing she can be really darn funny playing it just a little more straight. If they dialed back the "over-the-top" by about 5% and drop the sailor talk I'd REALLY like this movie.

Watched a few these last couple days...
The Drop was really good...you could tell it was the same author as Mystic River
The Equalizer was a great action flick
Still Alice was horribly depressing . It was good though

Warhawk

Staff member
Jurassic World - not bad. like all of them though you have to ignore a lot of the stuff that goes on (security and operational things in the movie for the island) and just enjoy the movie for what it is. I liked Chris Pratt in this, and think he will do well in the sequel(s).

Warhawk

Staff member
Saw Minions with my son - enjoyable, not as good as Despicable Me, but it also had a different focus. We both liked it.

Got tickets with a couple friends to see Ant-Man on Sunday at Studio Movie Grill - they haven't been there yet so we are going to take our kids and they can check it out. Looking forward to it!

Saw Ant Man the other night. I was pleasantly surprised. Very entertaining, and Paul Ruud is hilarious.

Streamed What We Do In the Shadows. Funny indie mockumentary with Jemaine Clement from Flight of the Conchords. Had some good laughs.

Mad Max Fury Road was spectacular, the cinematography, the action and intensity were all fantastic. My wife got up and said she was going to bed about 35 min in leaving me with this parting shot .."this is one of the worst movies I have ever seen"....it totally validated my opinion on how awesome the movie was.

Ex Machina was great too. Although my wife really like that so I dunno