What If... Buddy Hield Doesn't Pass His Physical?

I'm assuming we can rescind the trade based on that. One can only hope.

:D
its over. even if by some miracle the trade didnt go through, the damage is done. Kings will try the hardest to trade him again and with other teams knowing they want to get rid of him and cousins being disgruntled for being traded, we will get even less for him. if that is even possible. who am i kidding, its the kings. vlade would probably accept john salmons and a top 55 protected second rounder and grant would still think its a win.

its over. even if by some miracle the trade didnt go through, the damage is done. Kings will try the hardest to trade him again and with other teams knowing they want to get rid of him and cousins being disgruntled for being traded, we will get even less for him. if that is even possible. who am i kidding, its the kings. vlade would probably accept john salmons and a top 55 protected second rounder and grant would still think its a win.

Knowing this FO, Vlade would probably trade Cousins to the Lakers for Mozgov because Magic called.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME

I'm assuming we can rescind the trade based on that. One can only hope.

:D
There's no going back. You think trading Cousins was bad? It would be nothing compared to the nuclear holocaust that would be created should the trade be rescinded. It would be the end of the Sacramento Kings.

There's no going back. You think trading Cousins was bad? It would be nothing compared to the nuclear holocaust that would be created should the trade be rescinded. It would be the end of the Sacramento Kings.
I know this is just a dream. But if it happened AND we had someone that actually knows how to talk to Boogie, I think it can work out. But of course, Vlade & Vivek won't know how to talk to Boogie & Fegan.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
I know this is just a dream. But if it happened AND we had someone that actually knows how to talk to Boogie, I think it can work out. But of course, Vlade & Vivek won't know how to talk to Boogie & Fegan.
Nope. No way. Boogie will NEVER play in the uniform of the Sacramento Kings again. Loyalty is paramount to him. He was betrayed and he will never forget it. Nor should he. Fegan would have him take the rest of the year off with sore feet before he allowed him to step on the court in Sacramento again.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
I swear I saw/heard a report yesterday that the teams had waived the physicals, but I don't remember where it was.

At any rate, the trade happened. This thread indicates that Kings fans may have reached the "Bargaining" stage.
Now that you mention it, I think I saw that too.

Nope. No way. Boogie will NEVER play in the uniform of the Sacramento Kings again. Loyalty is paramount to him. He was betrayed and he will never forget it. Nor should he. Fegan would have him take the rest of the year off with sore feet before he allowed him to step on the court in Sacramento again.
Deep inside I know. But it just hurts too much still I guess.

I swear I saw/heard a report yesterday that the teams had waived the physicals, but I don't remember where it was.

At any rate, the trade happened. This thread indicates that Kings fans may have reached the "Bargaining" stage.
Yep, Bargaining. "It is a defense mechanism that buffers the immediate shock of the loss. We block out the words and hide from the facts. This is a temporary response that carries us through the first wave of pain." (https://psychcentral.com/lib/the-5-stages-of-loss-and-grief/)

Depression is next. :(

Pretty much.

And Fegan understands brand. Loyalty is Cousins brand. He would severely damage is brand by coming back.

Boogie will give it his all in NOLA. But man this is probably really rough for him. Like really rough. I bet he is relying on his friendship with Malone right now. Probably some tearful conversations.

Pretty much.

And Fegan understands brand. Loyalty is Cousins brand. He would severely damage is brand by coming back.

Boogie will give it his all in NOLA. But man this is probably really rough for him. Like really rough. I bet he is relying on his friendship with Malone right now. Probably some tearful conversations.
TJ McBride: Michael Malone reached out to Boogie after the trade. He is happy to be closer to home but loves Sacramento.
– via TwitterBSN_McBride

Still there to talk to him and coach him through any situation. Ahh what could have been. Damn you viral meningitis!

TJ McBride: Michael Malone reached out to Boogie after the trade. He is happy to be closer to home but loves Sacramento.
– via TwitterBSN_McBride

Still there to talk to him and coach him through any situation. Ahh what could have been. Damn you viral meningitis!
Still blows my mind the Malone firing.

Kings have been used and abused by disloyal interests for years. One after another.

The Malone firing was such a massive eff you to the fans. Us fans have Stockholm Syndrome. However, I never really got over that. I was able to look past it on the condition that Vivek was letting go, and that he hired Vlade and he appeared to at least have a plan.

But this. I mean, wow. This was the absolute last thing I expected, and especially the WAY it happened and ESPECIALLY what we got back. It is so beyond any level of reasonability.

So no. I'm pretty much done. I might post here to ridicule the ownership (never the players), but I cannot support this anymore. I have some freaking personal standards.

Last edited:
Good for you.

I'm glad some Kings fans have personal standards and limits to the amounts of abuse they will take.

Astute KF'ers may note I (for the most part) stopped using the team "we" when referring to the Kings in my posts after they fired Malone and deliberately sabotaged that year, preventing us Kings fans from enjoying a playoff race.

I detached myself from this self-destructive franchise then and only remained for the Cuz Loyalty (tm) and wishing the Kings could make it with him leading the charge and proving all the naysayers wrong.

Now that the Kings have turned their back on that possibility (as soon as it almost came true!), there is nothing left for me with this franchise.

I have too much self-respect and value my time and energy too much to waste it on another 5+ years of Vivek-dominated lying, and two-faced incompetence.

Good for you.

I'm glad some Kings fans have personal standards and limits to the amounts of abuse they will take.

Astute KF'ers may note I (for the most part) stopped using the team "we" when referring to the Kings in my posts after they fired Malone and deliberately sabotaged that year, preventing us Kings fans from enjoying a playoff race.

I detached myself from this self-destructive franchise then and only remained for the Cuz Loyalty (tm) and wishing the Kings could make it with him leading the charge and proving all the naysayers wrong.

Now that the Kings have turned their back on that possibility (as soon as it almost came true!), there is nothing left for me with this franchise.

I have too much self-respect and value my time and energy too much to waste it on another 5+ years of Vivek-dominated lying, and two-faced incompetence.
Nailed it.

I too, now, have stopped thinking in the "we" for this team. Something just finally clicked.

You'll notice I deleted my avatar, my famous Kings hat with an opening night pin collection going back to the very first game. This was my grandfather's pin colllection. So this is a deep betrayal. But he would understand. Our memories going to games when I was a kid are about us, not the team. Some arrogant puke that got rich in computers has no business affecting that.

The memories are deep for me. So I can't help but take this personal. It's a lesson though. Ultimately it's freeing. My memories are mine. My relationship with my late grandfather is mine.

Last edited:

Kings have been used and abused by disloyal interests for years. One after another.

The Malone firing was such a massive eff you to the fans. Us fans have Stockholm Syndrome. However, I never really got over that. I was able to look past it on the condition that Vivek was letting go, and that he hired Vlade and he appeared to at least have a plan.

But this. I mean, wow. This was the absolute last thing I expected, and especially the WAY it happened and ESPECIALLY what we got back. It is so beyond any level of reasonability.

So no. I'm pretty much done. I might post here to ridicule the ownership (never the players), but I cannot support this anymore. I have some freaking personal standards.

That's the thing. Vivek fired Malone, the only coach who really got Cousins and connected with him beyond just the basketball court. Did Cousins ask for a trade because of Vivek's stupidity? How does the FO come back with "Culture & character matters" to reward Boogie for his loyalty?

Blame Cousins for being bad for the culture all they want, but the biggest culture killer was and always will be Vivek.

That's the thing. Vivek fired Malone, the only coach who really got Cousins and connected with him beyond just the basketball court. Did Cousins ask for a trade because of Vivek's stupidity? How does the FO come back with "Culture & character matters" to reward Boogie for his loyalty?

Blame Cousins for being bad for the culture all they want, but the biggest culture killer was and always will be Vivek.
Damn I wish I could double like this. It starts at the top.