What are you watching on TV?

Normally I dont watch baseball unless the Sox are playing, but Im watching the Mets/Yanks game .. It just so happens that in my H2H fantasy league me and my opponent are in a 3 point game, I have Livan Hernandez pitching and he has Wang .. unfortunetly I am losing :(

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Just finished watching this week's episode of Rescue Me]\. I always liked Denis Leary as a comedian but he's incredible as an actor. This show isn't for everyone but it has great writing - honest and gritty portrayals of the lives and problems of fire fighters. Not something for the kids, but these are characters with warts and wrinkles and flaws, people you can identify with because you know people just like them. One of the best shows on TV and luckily it's on FX. It never would have made it on mainstream network TV.

lol dont think ive seen that episode, who says that in the show?
Uhh...you must be at the absolute beginning of the show, if you can't guess. It's a line of Barney's. Barney Stinson is, btw, one of the greatest sitcom characters ever. Haven't had any other character make me laugh so hard since Coupling's Jeff Murdoch.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
I'm watching "Drain the Ocean" on National Geographic Channel. All I can say is...wow. This is the kind of programming that needs to be shown in our schools, and I hope it will be.

I'd never heard of a "Goose fish"... and that's just one of the incredible things they've shown so far.

Heroes and The Simpsons are back! Too much Seth MacFarlene from Fox, it's getting annoying.

Right now I'm watching Popzilla, it is a South Park style Robot Chicken show. If you like those shows or The Soup you might like it.

They show The Office a lot on TV now. Yesterday they showed about 8 episodes and on two different stations they were showing the same exact commercials at the same time :-\ Yes I watch that show too much. Also they've been showing a lot of My Name is Earl, I wish they didn't cancel that show.

I love alternate reality websites for TV shows and movies. Interesting form of viral marketing.

For ABC's Flash Foward, The premise of the show is that everyone on earth passed out for about 2 minutes at the very same time, much destruction ensues.

While in that short coma, every one see their future exactly 6 months from now. They created a website on the show about people posting their flash forward visions, with some of them of course overlapping due to sharing the same experiences at the time. Here is that site:

http://jointhemosaic.abc.com/site/index.html

Then for the show Heroes there are a few outdated sites but I won't spoil anything for people who are still catching up.

http://www.primatechpaper.com/index.shtml

http://www.pinehearstresearch.com/

http://www.primatechpaper.com/AT_2.0/assignmentTracker.php

This last one is accessed through some type of interaction puzzle of emailing the first by filling out some type of job application, it needs its own wiki page to accompany it http://heroeswiki.com/Assignment_tracker

Interesting ways to give fans more content.

GLEE, TRUEBLOOD, BUFFY (I KNOW ITS NOT BUT I WATCH THE DVDS ALL THE TIME!), SO YOU THINK YOU CAN DANCE!, NEW SOUTHPARK :), KINGS GAMES, COWBOY GAMES, GREEK, CSI, ENTOURAGE, :rolleyes: IM 20 WHAT DO YOU EXPECT OF ME heh

Ryan

I like turtles
Am I the only one who thought The Office Wedding episode was horrible?? Predictable, cliche, unoriginal. Sorry to be so bitter, but I feel like this season is the beginning of the end.

On a side note, it's pretty amazing that a youtube video can more or less resurrect Chris Brown's career.

Am I the only one who thought The Office Wedding episode was horrible?? Predictable, cliche, unoriginal. Sorry to be so bitter, but I feel like this season is the beginning of the end.

On a side note, it's pretty amazing that a youtube video can more or less resurrect Chris Brown's career.

I know what you mean by predictable, but that doesnt really bother me a whole lot when it comes to the office. Im not really watching it for the storyline as much as I am to just have fun, and I must say, I had a lot of fun watching the wedding episode tonight. The dancing was great, IMO.

6th

Homer Fan Since 1985
What do I watch on TV?

Basketball (any level)
CNN
The Weather Channel

in that order. That's about it. While I have not sworn off TV, I seldom turn it on.

I know. I'm terribly boring. :eek:

pdxKingsFan

So Ordinary That It's Truly Quite Extraordinary
Staff member
I liked the Office last night. I didn't care that it was predictable because it was exactly what you would expect out of that bunch. It could have been far worse.

I liked the Office last night. I didn't care that it was predictable because it was exactly what you would expect out of that bunch. It could have been far worse.
Truth. The Office is far past its prime, but it still makes me laugh every episode. Shows you just how much of a gem it was in its first 3 seasons.

I feel that How I Met Your Mother and 30 Rock have ran away with the funniest show on TV titles by now

Ryan

I like turtles
I just think it's odd that after 5 seasons of sexual tension, Pam and Jim FINALLY get married, and how much of the one hour special was the actual wedding....? About 12 minutes.

pdxKingsFan

So Ordinary That It's Truly Quite Extraordinary
Staff member
I just think it's odd that after 5 seasons of sexual tension, Pam and Jim FINALLY get married, and how much of the one hour special was the actual wedding....? About 12 minutes.
You'd have preferred more time spent on the ceremony? I thought they handled that part pretty well. My only beef is that the youtube bit will horribly date the show for future viewings, but again it seemed totally in character so I let it go.

Ryan

I like turtles
You'd have preferred more time spent on the ceremony? I thought they handled that part pretty well. My only beef is that the youtube bit will horribly date the show for future viewings, but again it seemed totally in character so I let it go.
I watched it again and like it better 2nd time around. Still, I thought more could have been done... maybe bring Roy back for a scene, Karen too? I was a big fan of the Phillis wedding episode but maybe they used all their good jokes then.