Westbrook

We're not getting Westbrook unless we trade Cousins.

If we don't want to include Cousins, then it'll be WCS+Gay+Cousins+Papagiannis+Bogdanovic+Labissiere+McLemore+picks+more picks.

I was thinking the same thing but if okc wants to blow it up, they're gonna want youth and picks. Things we don't really have.

If the Thunder are considering moving Westbrook then they'd have no use for Rudy Gay - they'd essentially be looking to rebuild around Payne, Oladipo, Kanter, Adams and Sabonis. I'm not sure they'd even want Cousins for Westbrook as their strength right now is their young bigs.

Also, even if the Kings could trade for Westbrook, if he doesn't want to re-sign in OKC, what would make us think he'd re-sign in Sacramento?

If the Thunder are considering moving Westbrook then they'd have no use for Rudy Gay - they'd essentially be looking to rebuild around Payne, Oladipo, Kanter, Adams and Sabonis. I'm not sure they'd even want Cousins for Westbrook as their strength right now is their young bigs.

Also, even if the Kings could trade for Westbrook, if he doesn't want to re-sign in OKC, what would make us think he'd re-sign in Sacramento?
The Webber rule.

Kings won't do it without assurance that Westbrook would resign here.

As mentioned in FA thread, I think Westbrook going to Boston or Miami is beneficial to the Kings as it may push out a current PG, leading to a player available in trade more equal to Rudy's value. (Thus requiring no picks)

As mentioned in FA thread, I think Westbrook going to Boston or Miami is beneficial to the Kings as it may push out a current PG, leading to a player available in trade more equal to Rudy's value. (Thus requiring no picks)
More than that it likely eliminates the Thunder from the postseason, opening up another slot that thecKings could take.

They have to take salary back. Westbrook makes $17 mil this year. They need a SF/Stretch 4. Rudy has a player option so basically it would be a 1 year deal and they get the cap space a replacement PG and few future picks.

They have to take salary back. Westbrook makes $17 mil this year. They need a SF/Stretch 4. Rudy has a player option so basically it would be a 1 year deal and they get the cap space a replacement PG and few future picks.
They are under the cap so they don't necessarily have to take salary back - they could have the cap space now.

If anything the Thunder would likely be more interested in Rudy if they keep Westbrook as he'd slot into Durant's spot. It's a downgrade for sure but right now they have a hole at SF.

They are under the cap so they don't necessarily have to take salary back - they could have the cap space now.

If anything the Thunder would likely be more interested in Rudy if they keep Westbrook as he'd slot into Durant's spot. It's a downgrade for sure but right now they have a hole at SF.
I thought about this too as soon as I read about KD leaving, but they don't really have anyone that interests me. There's Payne, but he hasn't done anything noteworthy so far and I don't want Sabonis... Gay is too valuable to trade for Payne and filler.

I wonder if hindsight was 2020 whether or not they would still do the Ibaka trade? The team that went to the Western Conference Finals lost two of it's three main players.

It would hurt so much more if we gave up a lot for him and he left us for the lakers

I keep thinking of Minnesota as a target for Westbrook, they have a lot of young talent to offer and if you add Westbrook to that team under Thibs they are going to be scary...
I think the Timberwolves pass because there's too much uncertainty if he'll resign. I'd imagine it would be Wiggins+Pekovic or Dunn+Rubio?

Dunn wouldn't fit next to Westbrook. While he can play off the ball, he's just not a good shooter, and he's ball dominant.

I think the Celts would probably be willing to take that risk. They'd probably do Crowder+Nets pick

If Westbrook is traded it'll be to the Lakers I think. That's where everyone thinks he's gonna sign anyways and they have some assets to get a deal done.

the domino effect of having 2 major pieces of the team back to back w/o being able to match contracts in RFA. OKC might be stuck in late lottery perpetuity going forward. just good enough to win a few games but not enough to give itself a good chance to win anything significant.

I think the Timberwolves pass because there's too much uncertainty if he'll resign. I'd imagine it would be Wiggins+Pekovic or Dunn+Rubio?

Dunn wouldn't fit next to Westbrook. While he can play off the ball, he's just not a good shooter, and he's ball dominant.

I think the Celts would probably be willing to take that risk. They'd probably do Crowder+Nets pick
Yeah, I was thinking something along the lines of Dunn, Rubio, Shabbaz and some future picks with Rubio maybe going to a third team for some other assets- that's not a bad trade for OKC if they know that Westbrook is leaving anyway.

The Timberwolves would have a real case for Westbrook- come here, we can max you 5 years no problem, under one of the best coaches in Thibs, you get to play next to the next great big we got locked for years in KAT, one of the most promising wings in Wiggins and a great athelte like LaVine and a ton of capspace to get you whoever you want next summer- they can have over 45 million in capspace to go with an already pretty great starting 5.

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
Thunder are debating trading Westbrook if he doesn't sign an extension now.

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/16765088/oklahoma-city-thunder-mull-options-russell-westbrook

Rudy, Collison, 1 or 2 first round picks for Westbrook.
Yeah, just 1 or 2 first round picks added to that package. Like maybe 8 or so. In the lottery. :)

Westbrook is a flat HOFer in his prime. I'm not sure the entire franchise sans Cuz would bring him back, unless teams are scared by his upcoming free agency.

Yeah, just 1 or 2 first round picks added to that package. Like maybe 8 or so. In the lottery. :)

Westbrook is a flat HOFer in his prime. I'm not sure the entire franchise sans Cuz would bring him back, unless teams are scared by his upcoming free agency.
Would you trade Cuz straight up for him, assuming the salaries matched?

If I was Cousins, I would be picking up my phone and ringing Westbrook to try and recruit him to the Kings next off-season when we will have cap space. I know it's a very long shot BUT it is a shot worth taking

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
Would you trade Cuz straight up for him, assuming the salaries matched?
No. Although he's one of the few I'd even consider it.

My prediction is that Westbrook is going to fade quickly and hard as that 30th b-day comes around. He's the uber-athlete, once the quickness begins to fade, the injuries pile up, he doesn't have the game of a guy who will still be himself at 35. Been a marvel in his youth though. He also has no loyalty to Sac nor any reason to have loyalty to Sac. Sans a Boogie attractant, he'd be a surefire one and done.

you sell Westbrook on getting to a ring before the down the street Warriors and with Big Cousins he'd be positioned the best to do so

So we end up with Goran or Isaiah Thomas back for Rudy?
We could have three Cousins and Two Isaiah's on 4 players if we get IT and Boogie's brother