welcome to Sacramento George Hill!

Status
Not open for further replies.

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
He fits the mold of a winning player that has been in playoff games and played under winners. Has good character, defensive instincts and one thing is for certain...he will miss some games due to some type of injury. That's not the worst thing which would then open up more playing time for Fox and then maybe Mason would get out of the doghouse. Good to see these short term deals, the front office is going about it the right way, finally. Thank you Scott.

I don't think Mason is or will be will be in Joerger's doghouse. Just has to earn it and likely will as competent backup, even if third or forth PG for Kings.
And yes, big thank you to Scott Perry.

pdxKingsFan

So Ordinary That It's Truly Quite Extraordinary
Staff member
Good player, but the signings of Hill/Randolph are a strike to the rebuilding with youth crew (me included), who were looking for a top pick in 2018 and assets from bad salary. And how does De'Aaron feel about it?

Welcome to Sacramento though
This team was never going to pull a Philly style tank job. I really don't think these two signings are going to change much unless the young guys just blow everyone away. I still see that being much more likely next year than this year as Fox will be adjusting his game and I don't see them unleashing Giles this season.

pdxKingsFan

So Ordinary That It's Truly Quite Extraordinary
Staff member
I don't think Mason is or will be will be in Joerger's doghouse. Just has to earn it and likely will as competent backup, even if third or forth PG for Kings.
And yes, big thank you to Scott Perry.
I love that we are going to make the young guys earn it. That is what separates us from other rebuilding teams and I think when the young guys got their chance last season they showed better than they would have if they were thrown to the wolves day one. I like that we are going to protect Fox and Mason - PGs get so much criticism, as do bigs early on, so I think Z-Bo is another nice piece.

Good player, but the signings of Hill/Randolph are a strike to the rebuilding with youth crew (me included), who were looking for a top pick in 2018 and assets from bad salary. And how does De'Aaron feel about it?

Welcome to Sacramento though
Fox should feel very happy to have a great player like Hill being his mentor, helping him in the transition from college to the pros. That's what Cousins missed when we picked him.

And don't worry, Hill and Randolph won't make us a 45 wins team. We will still be bad, in a scary western conference. But now we have vets who will show our kids how it's done. This is what I'm looking for in these signings, and it will pay off in the future.

David Aldridge was talking about Hill to the Kings being a possibility yesterday. Didn't mention it because I thought he was just speculating because we had money.

It's a really good signing and it doesnt look like much of an overpay if at all.

Happy Z-Bo is in the fold

I'm guessing Porter wasn't receptive?

Just 40 milions guaranteed. 19-19-2.
Yeah, this brilliant work from the FO here. Makes him a super prime trade candidate at the break in 2019 to get a 2019 first, right about the time our young PGs have 100+ games under their belts and are ready to take over. And if not, hey, we free up 28 mill in cap in 2019 to get some vets to compliment some version of our young core now.

Yeah, this brilliant work from the FO here. Makes him a super prime trade candidate at the break in 2019 to get a 2019 first, right about the time our young PGs have 100+ games under their belts and are ready to take over. And if not, hey, we free up 28 mill in cap in 2019 to get some vets to compliment some version of our young core now.
And as a third option, you can opt him in if he's ok playing 30 minutes off the bench or if a great chemistry develops and/or we get really good with a 2 PG lineup. His and Fox's defense make a 2 PG line up very enticing. We could have to top 5 guard defenders on the floor at same time.

Compared to having a team led by DMC, having leadership from Hill, Randolph and Carter is going to be like a dream.
For someone that hates DeMarcus Cousins, you sure can't stop talking about him and being negative. Your behavior is more boorish than Cousins. If you'd let it go and stop talking about it, that'd be like a dream.

For someone that hates DeMarcus Cousins, you sure can't stop talking about him and being negative. Your behavior is more boorish than Cousins. If you'd let it go and stop talking about it, that'd be like a dream.

New reports indicate that a lot of the Cousins stories that made him a polorizing figure were orchestrated from Moscow in an attempt to divide our fan base.

Status
Not open for further replies.