Welcome Marcus Williams

Same here :D

He played for Lokomotiva Kuban (Russia) and Unicaja Malaga (Spain) in Europe and he was mostly great shooter and scorer (a lot of clutch plays) and then he came to Red Star 3 years ago and became pass first type of PG, and one of the best passers in Euroleague. He showed shooting skills too, and he made Boban Marjanovic an NBA player. Unfortunately, he was to lazy to practice and with all marijuana issuses, he left Red Star and played for Montenegrian team "Buducnost" last season, looked very uninterested on the court, adding some weight too. However, i was following him on Instagram and it seems like he really took care of his body and i guess he is ready to have another opportunity.

I don't know if he is going to make a Kings roster and how long he will be there (i guess only for training camp), but i think he can be useful mentor for Fox and Mason with all that passing skills. Counting on the fact that Hill is "injury risk", maybe he could be a backup point guard during season sometimes.

Scoring 17 straight points in the most important game of the season for his team

Last edited:
Funny I was just thinking about him after reading an article about... I think Emeka Okafor?
Really don't understand this, a 31 yo camp body?

HndsmCelt

Hall of Famer
Warm body for practice. Given our 3rd pg White is destined to spend at least some time in the Gatoraid League he might bee seen as a long shot. I wish Marcus well and hope he can get on with an NBA team again before hanging up the sneakers.

gunks

Hall of Famer
I remember this dude, he got drafted by the Nets and didn't make much out of his career in the NBA.
Didn't he do something dumb like steal a bunch of computers when he was in college?

That was ages ago though, and people grow up. Maybe he'll make the roster. *shrugs*

Yes, but if I were to bring in an extra player to get a look at, I wouldn't be bringing in another guard, considering we have way too many guards, especially after signing Matt Jones too.

We don't know if Sampson will pan out, so if we were to bring in an extra camp body to take a look at, I would have preferred an extra Small Forward.

HndsmCelt

Hall of Famer
Yes, but if I were to bring in an extra player to get a look at, I wouldn't be bringing in another guard, considering we have way too many guards, especially after signing Matt Jones too.

We don't know if Sampson will pan out, so if we were to bring in an extra camp body to take a look at, I would have preferred an extra Small Forward.
Ah but if you were rounding out two rosters for full practice you MIGHT want 2 old pro PG's to pair with 2 kids