Welcome Kosta Koufos!

Gary

All-Star
Welcome Double K!

"Little do most know, Kosta Koufos is one of the top defensive players in the NBA."

"The job Koufos has been doing this season at stopping opponents from scoring is indeed incredible."

"Every great team needs role players that do at least one thing exceptionally well. Thankfully for the Memphis Grizzlies, they have a plethora of players that coincide with the old adage of “defense wins games"."

Damn.. Bring that D to Sac and you will be loved FOREVER...

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
I didn't know Koufos was known as that much of a defender...since I haven't seen him play too much I'll go ahead and wait to see him play to see if defense indeed is his calling card. All that being said, welcome aboard!

I didn't know Koufos was known as that much of a defender...since I haven't seen him play too much I'll go ahead and wait to see him play to see if defense indeed is his calling card. All that being said, welcome aboard!
Yep, that's why added link highlighting KK defense while with Grizz. I recall one game where he squared up DeMarcus and was beastin' right back toe to toe. I suppose Cuz got the best in the end but it was no easy walk in the park. I was screaming at my TV that night "Kosta Doofus," - but now so glad he's on our team.

Welcome Kosta Koufos! I'm glad you chose to become a King and I'm looking forward to watching you make life hard on the opposing teams:)

Welcome KK! With yourself, DMC and WCS, that is one BIG frontline! We are about to beat up on opponents inside. I love all of our FA additions but this is the one I probably like the most!

Ok so the Kings decided to go big. I like Koufos as a player. Back in the days he even had a solid jumpshot. I wonder if he has this still in him and just didnt show it, because of his role.
Dmc+Kk is as big and physical as it gets in todays NBA. But if we want to play them alongside each other for long stretches, we better be prepared for those stretch 4's.

KK is quietly Mr Defense and more. KK is now King Koufos! For those that don't know much about Kosta check this out.

http://bealestreetbears.com/2015/05/08/the-memphis-grizzlies-invisible-man-kosta-koufos/
Anyone knows where are the stats posted there is taken from???

"The Memphis Grizzlies had three of their players in the top-five rankings for defensive ratings over the duration of the 2014-15 regular season. The names?Nick Calathes (1st), Kosta Koufos (3rd), and Tony Allen (4th)."- where did he takes these numbers from?

Clicking on the players names in this article sends you to basketball reference and Koufos (and Calathes) are not among the top 20 in defensive ratings according to baketball reference (nor defensive win shares or defensive box plus/minus).

I know this article ends with "Go Grizz!"- but if anyone can show me the source for this ratings I'd love to see it.

On a side note- I checked Nylon Calculus, and according to their rim protection numbers, Koufos recorded 0.33 point saved per 36- which is above-average but not great, Cousins is better at 0.48 (one spot below O'Quinn's 0.49).

Welcome! We will need you this season as we make a playoff push!

That is the first time in 10 years I have mentioned the playoffs and the Kings in the same sentence and actually believed what I was saying. Good times ahead :)

dude12

Hall of Famer
Ok so the Kings decided to go big. I like Koufos as a player. Back in the days he even had a solid jumpshot. I wonder if he has this still in him and just didnt show it, because of his role.
Dmc+Kk is as big and physical as it gets in todays NBA. But if we want to play them alongside each other for long stretches, we better be prepared for those stretch 4's.
Then we counter with
Gay at the 4 or WCS. Seems like we got pieces to defend different looks.

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
Anyone knows where are the stats posted there is taken from???

"The Memphis Grizzlies had three of their players in the top-five rankings for defensive ratings over the duration of the 2014-15 regular season. The names?Nick Calathes (1st), Kosta Koufos (3rd), and Tony Allen (4th)."- where did he takes these numbers from?

Clicking on the players names in this article sends you to basketball reference and Koufos (and Calathes) are not among the top 20 in defensive ratings according to baketball reference (nor defensive win shares or defensive box plus/minus).

I know this article ends with "Go Grizz!"- but if anyone can show me the source for this ratings I'd love to see it.

On a side note- I checked Nylon Calculus, and according to their rim protection numbers, Koufos recorded 0.33 point saved per 36- which is above-average but not great, Cousins is better at 0.48 (one spot below O'Quinn's 0.49).
I would guess DRPM (Defensive Real Plus Minus) per ESPN:

http://espn.go.com/nba/statistics/rpm/_/sort/DRPM

#3 Tony Allen 4.92
#12 Nick Calathes 3.73
#20 Kosta Koufos 3.30

Boogie was #4 at 4.71.

You mean "back in the day" in 2013 when he was like 23. ;) 3 seasons later I think we can safely assume that he can still shoot

K

KingMilz

You mean "back in the day" in 2013 when he was like 23. ;) 3 seasons later I think we can safely assume that he can still shoot
He didn't have a jumper in 2013 I think he/she means prior, I remember watching him in Ohio and thinking he was fairly skilled.