Welcome Bogdan Bogdanovic!

I'm hoping Bogs is good enough to knock buddy out of the starting lineup. I feel like Hield would be better as a 6th man.
I would not be surprised especially with Hill likely to be a starter and he is not known as someone who is great at creating for others. He is more of a scorer. Playing Bogdan and Hill together would allow Hill to play more off the ball where he can utilize his shooting more.

Having said that I think there is more than a fair chance that Hield will start the season at SG.

I was frustrated as anyone with Buddy's SL but I still project him as a good, starting SG. Bogdan is going to have to bring something strong to knock Buddy out.

Think about this for a sec. If our starters end up being:

Hill
Bogs
Jackson
Skal
Koufos

That leaves us with an pretty impressive bench of:

Fox
Buddy
Temple
Zbo
WCS

And that doesn't even account for Papa, Giles, Mason, Carter, Malachi

If we get a few key rooks to really step up (Jackson is kind of a linchpin here), all the sudden our lineup goes from iffy to pretty impressive very quickly. Seeing Jackson really for the first time today is extremely encouraging. We don't even need all of our rooks/youngins to hit it this year... just a few. And they are not in a position of being asked to save the franchise. They just need to play solid. Jackson being a 3 year college guy and Bogs already 24 and pro experience of 6 years... this is very attainable.

Vlade has set these guys up for success in a nearly perfect way.

Also... you can't tell me that this entire project is not Vlade's Revenge. Listen to Bogs... HE KNOWS:

But it was the Serbian connection – that long-ago tag team of Divac and Peja Stojakovic – that clinched the deal. In the hearts and minds of famously impassioned fans in their homeland, the Kings officials are the Lennon-McCartney of Serbian basketball.

“The Kings were our favorite because of them,” Bogdanovic said. “I remember waking up early and watching the games with my father as a kid. When we (Serbia) won the world championships in Indianapolis in 2002, I was 10. I remember the great moments of the Atlanta Olympics. And, yes, yes, I know all about the Kings and Lakers. Sixth game in 2002. I know.
http://www.sacbee.com/sports/spt-columns-blogs/ailene-voisin/article161091614.html

Last edited:

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
Think about this for a sec. If our starters end up being:

Hill
Bogs
Jackson
Skal
Koufos

That leaves us with an pretty impressive bench of:

Fox
Buddy
Temple
Zbo
WCS

And that doesn't even account for Papa, Giles, Mason, Carter, Malachi

If we get a few key rooks to really step up (Jackson is kind of a linchpin here), all the sudden our lineup goes from iffy to pretty impressive very quickly. Seeing Jackson really for the first time today is extremely encouraging. We don't even need all of our rooks/youngins to hit it this year... just a few. And they are not in a position of being asked to save the franchise. They just need to play solid. Jackson being a 3 year college guy and Bogs already 24 and pro experience of 6 years... this is very attainable.

Vlade has set these guys up for success in a nearly perfect way.

Also... you can't tell me that this entire project is not Vlade's Revenge. Listen to Bogs... HE KNOWS:

http://www.sacbee.com/sports/spt-columns-blogs/ailene-voisin/article161091614.html

At this point, I don't see Skal starting. I can see Willie fitting into the lineup next to Kosta instead though.

I liked Buddy's last year as a King a lot, and i hope Joerger will find a way to have them both on the court at the same time for a while. That would be great offensive duo, especially because Bogdan's ability to pass the ball