Webber misses practice

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
piksi said:
Now the chances of that are not much better than 0
This is true, but it still doesn't change the equation when it comes to spending money, nor does it change it as far as a guy coming in is concerned. Even if Webb and Miller combine to miss 40 games, Miller/Webb (whichever one is not hurt) Tag and Songaila are still going to eat up almost all of the minutes, and big guy #5 will still get less than 20 a game, even when they aren't healthy. Combined with no minutes at all when all 4 of those guys are together, overall its still a 10mpg sort of job probably with a number of DNP-CDs. A good player is going to cost far too much money for that sort of contribution, and could become a problem if he's unhappy asbout hsi role as well.

Here's what they had to say about it to the Bee:

http://www.sacbee.com/content/sports/story/11004376p-11921509c.html

Kings notes: Webber sits out second practice session in a row

The Kings star says the swelling in his surgically repaired knee is only 'minor.'

By Martin McNeal -- Bee Staff Writer
Published 2:15 am PDT Thursday, October 7, 2004

Chris Webber missed his second consecutive day of practice Wednesday because of puffiness around his surgically repaired left knee.However, Webber said he is not concerned.

"I'm just being cautious," he said. "It doesn't make any sense to push right now. I'm just going to let the swelling go down. I have no pain at all or soreness, just some minor swelling."

Both Webber and Kings coach Rick Adelman said it was possible that the power forward could return to practice today.

Webber's absence combined with the broken hand suffered by Greg Ostertag, and Darius Songaila having to leave to take care of a personal matter depleted Adelman's rotation of big men and in part led to a somewhat abbreviated practice, the coach said.

"At one point, I had Peja (Stojakovic) playing power forward," said Adelman, who did regain the services of small forward David Bluthenthal. "Now that's something we can practice because we may have to go to that at some point. But that's not really what we were trying to get done."

Adelman said it didn't make sense to have Webber working with any type of swelling. "It was the same puffiness, and we didn't want him to go out there with it," the coach said of his 11-year veteran.

Adelman had other concerns Wednesday.Hesaid he was disappointed with his veteran group's mental approach to practice.

"I was disappointed in our guys who came back from last year," the coach said. "They have to be the group that sets the tone, and they didn't do that and because of that, we didn't get as much done as we needed to."

Adelman took it a step farther.

"I didn't think we played hard enough," he said. "When you start short-cutting your way through, that means you don't have the concentration necessary, and that leads to breakdowns."

Guard Courtney Alexander did not practice again because of a strained left thigh.

Peja rounding into shape - Adelman was asked if he was seeing what he'd always seen from Stojakovic, who indicated this summer and then again last week, he'd prefer to be traded.

"The first couple of days," the coach said of the league's second- leading scorer, "I think he was rusty because he really didn't play a lot this summer.

"But he's beginning to come around, and he's shooting the ball better, especially (Wednesday).

These guys all have done this before."

"I'm just being cautious," he said. "It doesn't make any sense to push right now. I'm just going to let the swelling go down. I have no pain at all or soreness, just some minor swelling."
While it would seem this comment would support the earlier comments of both Chris and the rest of the Kings, we must take a look at the darker side. Amputation is clearly emminent.

Kingsgurl said:
While it would seem this comment would support the earlier comments of both Chris and the rest of the Kings, we must take a look at the darker side. Amputation is clearly emminent.
Marcus Fizer is clearly imminent. Oh, wait, he's hurt, too.

Aren't there any center/power forwards or 4-3s out there who like Chinese food?