• Rockets in 6

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Rockets in 7

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jonathan Simmons was very impressive the last few games. Two way player with fantastic defense and surprising offense. If he continues this kind play and trajectory, I can see him getting a Harrison Barnes type contract when FA hits.

On the other hand, these playoff games are so boring. It's like 5 out of 6 games are 30 point blow outs.

Kingster

Hall of Famer
Harden didn't even show up. If I were a Rockets' fan I'd be very concerned about structuring the team around a guy with so little grit. Unbelievably poor performance that is going to tarnish his rep for years to come.

I do think that part of the reason that Harden quit in this series was that Pop took away Harden's security blanket - his ability to go the foul line whenever he wanted. Once the Spurs were given the marching orders to keep their hands up and not get them into the "strike zone" of Harden the whistles were cut in half and Harden couldn't bank on the refs bailing him out. All of a sudden life became more difficult for Harden. Makes you wonder why the Thunder didn't do the same thing.

Harden didn't even show up. If I were a Rockets' fan I'd be very concerned about structuring the team around a guy with so little grit. Unbelievably poor performance that is going to tarnish his rep for years to come.

I do think that part of the reason that Harden quit in this series was that Pop took away Harden's security blanket - his ability to go the foul line whenever he wanted. Once the Spurs were given the marching orders to keep their hands up and not get them into the "strike zone" of Harden the whistles were cut in half and Harden couldn't bank on the refs bailing him out. All of a sudden life became more difficult for Harden. Makes you wonder why the Thunder didn't do the same thing.
Looks like arm-bar basketball was no longer an option for James.

kingsboi

Hall of Famer

The writings were on the wall for Houston once playoff time came around and they allowed more physicality. Those silly arm bar antics weren't working in the postseason as they do in the regular season which is silly because that call is one of the most inconsistent ones I've seen. It's not basketball. But that's for another topic. The Rockets are a simple team, live by the three, die by the three. They do nothing else well to masquerade their deficiencies if the 3 ball is not dropping and in return, you get another pretender.

Mr. S£im Citrus

Doryphore of KingsFans.com
Staff member
Because Billy Donovan is not a good coach?

Kingster

Hall of Famer
The writings were on the wall for Houston once playoff time came around and they allowed more physicality. Those silly arm bar antics weren't working in the postseason as they do in the regular season which is silly because that call is one of the most inconsistent ones I've seen. It's not basketball. But that's for another topic. The Rockets are a simple team, live by the three, die by the three. They do nothing else well to masquerade their deficiencies if the 3 ball is not dropping and in return, you get another pretender.
I really think it's more than that. It's Harden. It's not style of play. There is something really weird about this guy:

2017 Semis vs Spurs 2015 Conf. Finals vs Warriors 2nd rnd NCAAs vs Syrcse

Points 10 14 10
FG 2-11 2-11 2-10
3 pt FG 2-9 0-3 0-5
TO 6 12 2
Fouls 6 5 2

His last game in college was as bizarre as the other two games above. Here was a guy who was Pac 10 Player of the Year and he was an absolute no-show against Syracuse, a game that I still remember leaving me with a bad taste in my mouth.

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
I really think it's more than that. It's Harden. It's not style of play. There is something really weird about this guy:

2017 Semis vs Spurs 2015 Conf. Finals vs Warriors 2nd rnd NCAAs vs Syrcse

Points 10 14 10
FG 2-11 2-11 2-10
3 pt FG 2-9 0-3 0-5
TO 6 12 2
Fouls 6 5 2

His last game in college was as bizarre as the other two games above. Here was a guy who was Pac 10 Player of the Year and he was an absolute no-show against Syracuse, a game that I still remember leaving me with a bad taste in my mouth.
so what your saying is he is a regular season player?

Kingster

Hall of Famer
so what your saying is he is a regular season player?
There's no way to know what's in his head because he's not sharing. But as an outsider looking in it looks as if he gets to a certain point of success and then he just lays down and quits. He's like a guy who gets to a certain level of success and then sabotages himself so that he fails, or maybe he sabotages himself so he can explain the failure by the fact that he didn't really try anyway.

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
There's no way to know what's in his head because he's not sharing. But as an outsider looking in it looks as if he gets to a certain point of success and then he just lays down and quits. He's like a guy who gets to a certain level of success and then sabotages himself so that he fails, or maybe he sabotages himself so he can explain the failure by the fact that he didn't really try anyway.
or maybe his weaknesses are magnified when a team has to play you 4 or 5 consecutive games and you have time to adjust to what he does well

Kingster

Hall of Famer
or maybe his weaknesses are magnified when a team has to play you 4 or 5 consecutive games and you have time to adjust to what he does well
If it were one series I'd be more inclined to go with that view. But this is a pattern that goes all the way back to a "one game" playoff in the NCAAs.

Status
Not open for further replies.