• Thunder in 6

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Thunder in 7

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
K

KingMilz

Or rather, what hack-a-Westbrook? And the play before that, Kanter trips Danny Green who then collides into Durant. At one point the Thunder had taken 21 FTs and the Spurs 5.
Can't blame the refs (calls were crap no doubt) Tony Parker and LMA had plenty of chances to ice that game aside from Lenoard (who has the best hands I have ever seen) and Green no other starter played all that well. Sure there were tough calls but the Spurs lost that game imo they didn't do a good job on the offensive boards late in the game and there big men missed a ton of easy looks.

Can't blame the refs (calls were crap no doubt) Tony Parker and LMA had plenty of chances to ice that game aside from Lenoard (who has the best hands I have ever seen) and Green no other starter played all that well. Sure there were tough calls but the Spurs lost that game imo they didn't do a good job on the offensive boards late in the game and there big men missed a ton of easy looks.
Yeah, but it was a close game nonetheless. Westbrook getting a 3 point play to put them up 4 with 6 seconds to go was a huge call when it should have just been two free throws.

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
Or rather, what hack-a-Westbrook? And the play before that, Kanter trips Danny Green who then collides into Durant. At one point the Thunder had taken 21 FTs and the Spurs 5.
so all of a sudden it's the officials fault that the Thunder won two games on the Spurs home court?

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
I think there is a point in time to admit that the Thunder are finally involving some of their role players, because quite frankly if you have Westbrook and Durant scoring 30+ points on 30+ shots, they wouldn't be in the position they are in. Credit to Coach Donovan and the two superstars on adjusting, I'd like to see how they come out in game 6 and see if they can close them out or will they retort back to their chucking ways on low efficiency. Refs have been questionable not just in this series but through out the regular season and in the other series as well, the Thunder are not the exception here.

Well, the NBA reviewed this game and once again, the Spurs have the short end of the stick here. That's 2 games this series that the Thunder have had multiple calls go for them, which either limited the Spurs' ability to add to the lead, or regain it. The Thunder are playing better basketball though, so I can't be too upset about it. I just prefer the Spurs' style to the Thunder. I've always been a team first sort of guy. Oh well.

so all of a sudden it's the officials fault that the Thunder won two games on the Spurs home court?
Well then I expect you never to complain about the refs screwing the Kings over. These were crucial calls that MIGHT have had an impact on the outcome of the game in its closing moments. Could the Spurs have played better? Of course. Have Westbrook and Dursnt played well? Of course. Doesn't change the bad officiating though

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
Well then I expect you never to complain about the refs screwing the Kings over. These were crucial calls that MIGHT have had an impact on the outcome of the game in its closing moments. Could the Spurs have played better? Of course. Have Westbrook and Dursnt played well? Of course. Doesn't change the bad officiating though
I've questioned the officiating for the majority of the season. Hell, look at the Warriors and Blazers series for example; terrible officiating in my opinion. So inconsistent. It seemed in the first round they were letting teams play a little more, then as soon as the second round started, it was back to regular season officiating. Maybe that's just what I've been seeing with my own naked eye.

I expect tonight to be a battle of titans going at it! Should be a good one. The Thunder have the momentum, but I learned long ago to never count the Spurs out.

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
Farewell San Antonio...looks like the Thunder's youth and athleticism was too much to over come for them. I hope this is Tim Duncan's last game, he needs to go out into the sun set so the Spurs can move forward without him, Manu too.

Mr. S£im Citrus

Doryphore of KingsFans.com
Staff member
I'm not prepared to say that this is the end of the Spurs dynasty: I mean, we said that, four years ago, when Oklahoma City came back from down 0-2 to beat them 2-4. And then, the next year, they were back in the Finals, and the year after that, they won another championship.

It does, however, seem likely that this is the end of the Tim Duncan era in San Antonio. And that will make me sad, as I am otherwise indifferent to Texas.

If this is the end of the dynasty I don't mind. I have an childhood friend who jumped from being a Kings fan and conveniently became Spurs fan the year Tim Duncan was drafted and hasn't had one year of suffering as a basketball fan. He even named his dog Timmy (an adult man crush).

I wish to drink his tears.

K

KingMilz

Just was not meant to be for Dre...pretty sad day for me last time I probably see "The Professor" play.

pdxKingsFan

So Ordinary That It's Truly Quite Extraordinary
Staff member
Turned the game on in the 3rd quarter, stunned honestly. Never was a Spurs fan but I was hoping they'd give the Warriors a run.

GF kinda smirked and said "too bad for LaMarcus, glad he exits the same round" haha.

Mr. S£im Citrus

Doryphore of KingsFans.com
Staff member
A thought just occurred to me, which is kinda/sorta related to this series:

The WNBA's season starts today. The local team here, the Atlanta Dream, kicks off their season at 20:00 ET, on the road against the Stars, in San Antonio, at the AT&T Center. Presumably, if the Spurs had won Game 6, then Game 7 would have been tonight... in San Antonio... at the AT&T Center.

So where/when would the WNBA game have happened?

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
A thought just occurred to me, which is kinda/sorta related to this series:

The WNBA's season starts today. The local team here, the Atlanta Dream, kicks off their season at 20:00 ET, on the road against the Stars, in San Antonio, at the AT&T Center. Presumably, if the Spurs had won Game 6, then Game 7 would have been tonight... in San Antonio... at the AT&T Center.

So where/when would the WNBA game have happened?
I don't think you can assume the Spurs game 7 would have been tonight. They might have had an unusual early game... Isn't there a schedule somewhere that showed all the possibilities?

EDIT: Found the answer in an article about game 6 on SBNation:

If they give San Antonio another chance, they might regret it on Sunday in a potential Game 7.

Last edited: