[Game] Warriors @ Kings 11/5/12

Yup and JJ hesitates when he's open and Reke does that same right hand dribble for a couple of sec then pulls up to a unnecessary fade. Guess Reke has reached his peak. I was totally rooting for him to be the next big thing ever since his rookie year, but I guess I'm seeing the reality that he'll never learn from his mistakes.

It's just something they hung on the scoreboard for the blackout. Apparently they didn't hang it well.
They had some paper taped to cover Thunder Valley along the bottom of the scoreboard because they arent a sponsor now. It was up since the first preseason game. It was a little humid from all the people so the tape was losing its stickiness.

Last edited:
Just got back from the game. Some impressions:

They looked really good at times -- a very nice 16-0 run in the third quarter after the warriors' 10-0 run to tie the game at 56. Tried to give the game away at the end but failed. A win is a win. I'd like to see how they'll do with Salmons at small forward, and more of Evans at small forward and Thornton at shooting guard, because I'm not seeing much from Johnson and Outlaw.

I've been going to Kings games since they arrived in Sacramento, and I've seen a lot of fan contests during timeouts. The one sponsored by the mattress company that gave the arena its new name was The Lamest Ever. Trivia questions about the mattress company? Yougottabekiddingme.

I know this train left the station a long time ago, but if it were up to me, I'd get rid of the blankety-blank DJ. You can let them dribble the ball up the court without a soundtrack, you know. I don't need to have someone tell me when to cheer. And if you're going to use the Ramones song Blitzkrieg Bop ("Hey ho, let's go"), you really should include the line about "shoot 'em in the back".

Back home.

• I'm so glad they won this one. I might have stroked out at the game, otherwise. ;) They sure tried to give it away at the end. Lucky for us, Curry didn't have a very good shooting night.
  • Defense is better this year, so far and I'm glad to see that.
  • Offense just still seems to be a mess. Too much dribbling, too much one-on-one play. ZERO assists in the 4th quarter. C'mon guys!
  • Yes, it is embarrassing :eek: when what looks like giant plastic garbage bags are falling down onto the floor. (We're covering up the Thunder Valley signs on the scoreboard.)

In the end, a win is a win, the crowd was good and I still love my Kings. :)

We tried desperately to start a "New Arena" chant in 111 after the third trash bag thing fell. We go somewhat loud, but it fizzled.

Either way Coach gets an A for picking up the first and spiriting it away AND THEN calling for his own cheer. ;)

Back home.

• I'm so glad they won this one. I might have stroked out at the game, otherwise. ;) They sure tried to give it away at the end. Lucky for us, Curry didn't have a very good shooting night.
  • Defense is better this year, so far and I'm glad to see that.
  • Offense just still seems to be a mess. Too much dribbling, too much one-on-one play. ZERO assists in the 4th quarter. C'mon guys!
  • Yes, it is embarrassing :eek: when what looks like giant plastic garbage bags are falling down onto the floor. (We're covering up the Thunder Valley signs on the scoreboard.)

In the end, a win is a win, the crowd was good and I still love my Kings. :)

We tried desperately to start a "New Arena" chant in 111 after the third trash bag thing fell. We go somewhat loud, but it fizzled.

Either way Coach gets an A for picking up the first and spiriting it away AND THEN calling for his own cheer. ;)
I heard it, but couldn't figure out the chant. I was in 201. Yep, yay for Coach Smart on that one. :)

I heard it for a few seconds and yes it did fizzle out. Here's why:

Most fans just don't care to chant things like that and would rather enjoy the game by cheering on the Kings or yelling defense when the opposing team has the basketball.

The tarp (or whatever it was) that fell to the floor doesn't mean we need a new arena. It was just comical.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
I heard it for a few seconds and yes it did fizzle out. Here's why:

Most fans just don't care to chant things like that and would rather enjoy the game by cheering on the Kings or yelling defense when the opposing team has the basketball.

The tarp (or whatever it was) that fell to the floor doesn't mean we need a new arena. It was just comical.
The first few times it was, then it was just plain embarrassing.

Capt. Factorial

trifolium contra tempestatem subrigere certum est
Staff member
They had some paper taped to cover Thunder Valley along the bottom of the scoreboard because they arent a sponsor now. It was up since the first preseason game. It was a little humid from all the people so the tape was losing its stickiness.
Covering up an old sponsor, instead of properly removing the material? That is hilarious. And FREE ADVERTISING for Thunder Valley!