Warning: Vlade Rant

Are you serious? You can't be. I've always seen you as a rational and level-headed guy.

Trading a broken, 32 year old Chris Webber w/ a 123M contract is not at all comparable to trading a 26 year old in-his-prime and free of major injury DeMarcus Cousins. When dealing with healthy players w/o dead weight contracts, he managed to land a prime Webber for Richmond and Bibby for JWill. Much different track record.
He lost the Webber deal badly. Obviously not as bad as this trade.

Ended up winning a bunch of other trades.

Richmond for Webber
Christie for Williamson
Bibby for JWill
Jackson for Bonzi
Peja for Artest
Christie for Mobley

I'm sure there's more.

Are you serious? You can't be. I've always seen you as a rational and level-headed guy.

Trading a broken, 32 year old Chris Webber w/ a 123M contract is not at all comparable to trading a 26 year old in-his-prime and free of major injury DeMarcus Cousins. When dealing with healthy players w/o dead weight contracts, he managed to land a prime Webber for Richmond and Bibby for JWill. Much different track record.
That's nice of you to say. I don't know... I guess I want to be contrary when I see everybody piling on... ask anybody who knows me. Guess I just think Vlade can use a friend right now :)

Vlade has avoided the Kenny Thomas/Carl Landry type contract and I like that about him. I think the way Geoff jettisoned Webber for a toxic contract like Kenny Thomas, instead of just riding it to a dignified end with CWebb.. was bad - real bad.

This move by Vlade, well I feel like time will tell.... and when EVERYBODY is piling on Vlade like now, I just will be the opposite voice I guess.

I can give Petrie some leeway just because his hands were tied in many aspects because of the magoofs.
It's my belief that Petrie was able to do everything his own way until the time the Maloofs began to have cash flow problems. That's when he had to work around financial restraints, which included not being able to get the coaches or players he wanted. For the most part, the draft was still all his -- but I do firmly believe Tyreke Evans and Jimmer Fredette were due to the Maloofs interference. But Quincy Douby was certainly all his doing.

That's nice of you to say. I don't know... I guess I want to be contrary when I see everybody piling on... ask anybody who knows me. Guess I just think Vlade can use a friend right now

Vlade has avoided the Kenny Thomas/Carl Landry type contract and I like that about him. I think the way Geoff jettisoned Webber for a toxic contract like Kenny Thomas, instead of just riding it to a dignified end with CWebb.. was bad - real bad.

This move by Vlade, well I feel like time will tell.... and when EVERYBODY is piling on Vlade like now, I just will be the opposite voice I guess.
Fair enough. I was just a tad surprised by your response. I tend to agree with most of the things I read from you. But, then again, if we agreed all the time, how boring would that be? :D

We are not run like a professional sports organization. There are too many voices with power(minority owners/Basketball ops people etc) who might be the ones running to Woj when they dont get there way. To top it off the one who does make the final call has no hoops acumen and is basically a casual fan trying to copy other teams. The problem is Vivek will never hand all basketball matters to a Pro with real experiance and real contacts around the league.

Vlade was touted as having great people skills but he wont get on the phone?

Alot of people around here thought Vivek learned his lesson after the PDA mess well he sure has not. Getting roosted in the media is not going to convince him that he cannot figure out basketball. Its an ego thing much like Dolan and many others.

PDA and Vlade are not at fault, they were never meant to be or capable of being true GMs. Just guys who could be thrown to the fire incase something like this happens. Although Im pretty sure Vivek thought he could weasel us by using a beloved figure like vlade to shield himself with.

The Cousins trade aside the bigger issue is that
their is no real PLAN and if there is a plan it is ever changing and reactionary to short term events.

I can easily see us getting painfully halfway thru this tank only to cut is off halfway trade every asset for a middling player who vivek fell in love with off of youtube highlights only to fall short of the playoffs and have to trade away the main pieces and rebuild again. There is no PATIENCE or PLAN with this regime.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
It's my belief that Petrie was able to do everything his own way until the time the Maloofs began to have cash flow problems. That's when he had to work around financial restraints, which included not being able to get the coaches or players he wanted. For the most part, the draft was still all his -- but I do firmly believe Tyreke Evans and Jimmer Fredette were due to the Maloofs interference. But Quincy Douby was certainly all his doing.
Meh, even now it's hard to say that Reke was a bad pick. Injuries have derailed his career, yes, but when he was on the Kings he was really really good when not being f****ed by general franchise dysfunction.

How in the world has vlade not been fired yet!?!?! I mean seriously. He got absolutely fleeced in the stauskas deal. Giving up a pick swap and an unprotected pick to sign guys who no one really wanted and who he had no desire to sign after their one season on the team? Then he let's Seth curry walk for pennies. Why? To sign matt freaking barnes? Who by the way completely goes against his character counts notion. Then the draft rolls around and he trades down from our 8th pick to the 13 pick just to draft a guy who wasn't even rated in the top 40 on basically every major draft board? And the final nail in the coffin. After countless interviews defending cousins and stating his desire to keep him long term, he trades him for an underachieving 23 year old rookie and a mid first round pick that somehow he didn't even get unprotected. He traded a freaking superstar and couldn't even get one unprotected first rounder. Then after this trade, which will probably go down as one of the worst nba trades ever, he makes our franchise looking even worse by stating that he had a better offer before and that somehow now character counts. Despite the fact that he made the horrible sixes trade to sign a guy with bad character and let Seth curry walk for a guy with questionable character. Not only spitting at cousins on his way out, but absolutely contradicting himself completely. It's been one terrible move setting us two steps back after another. Yet, despite all of the fan backlash and national media backlash he still has a job. Only on the kings does all of this crap not get you fired.

K

KingMilz

How in the world has vlade not been fired yet!?!?! I mean seriously. He got absolutely fleeced in the stauskas deal. Giving up a pick swap and an unprotected pick to sign guys who no one really wanted and who he had no desire to sign after their one season on the team? Then he let's Seth curry walk for pennies. Why? To sign matt freaking barnes? Who by the way completely goes against his character counts notion. Then the draft rolls around and he trades down from our 8th pick to the 13 pick just to draft a guy who wasn't even rated in the top 40 on basically every major draft board? And the final nail in the coffin. After countless interviews defending cousins and stating his desire to keep him long term, he trades him for an underachieving 23 year old rookie and a mid first round pick that somehow he didn't even get unprotected. He traded a freaking superstar and couldn't even get one unprotected first rounder. Then after this trade, which will probably go down as one of the worst nba trades ever, he makes our franchise looking even worse by stating that he had a better offer before and that somehow now character counts. Despite the fact that he made the horrible sixes trade to sign a guy with bad character and let Seth curry walk for a guy with questionable character. Not only spitting at cousins on his way out, but absolutely contradicting himself completely. It's been one terrible move setting us two steps back after another. Yet, despite all of the fan backlash and national media backlash he still has a job. Only on the kings does all of this poopoo not get you fired.
Curry was said to have left cause he didn't want to play with Cousins according to reports, also the majority on here were acting like the 76ers trade was a good thing/non issues prior to moving Cousins and have now turned feral on Vlade and only now saying it's a mistake that one of there former saviors turned around and pretty much owned them.

Curry was said to have left cause he didn't want to play with Cousins according to reports, also the majority on here were acting like the 76ers trade was a good thing/non issues prior to moving Cousins and have now turned feral on Vlade and only now saying it's a mistake that one of there former saviors turned around and pretty much owned them.
Who reported that and based on which sources? I honestly can't follow all the dirt that is now thrown at DMC. I think in the next 24 hours there will be reports, that indicate Boogie is one of the main reasons for the global warming.
Maybe you should allow people to change their minds. Obviously fandom is based on emotions. A lot of people felt emotionally attached to Vlade and stepped out of their way to justify his doings. Some still do it, some have reached a turning point.
Business as usual and the main reason, why sports organisations are often looking for guys from the same stable when handing out FO jobs (very common in european football i.e.). Those guys just get more leeway from the fans.

See this is the sort of crap I just can't let go. The same Curry that DeMarcus kept sticking up for last year when George Karl continuosly put down. You mean Curry hated when Cosuins bombed his interview with Kayte after the game to the say "You are going to be in this league a long time boy!". The same Curry that Cousins has said is the coolest dude he has ever met that had the "swag"!

C'mon now! The Cousins bashing is being taken to another level by those that wanted him out! Cousins is NOT the villan here. Time will show this to be true.

C'mon now! The Cousins bashing is being taken to another level by those that wanted him out! Cousins is NOT the villan here. Time will show this to be true.
Unfortunately, it's not gonna stop now. Au contraire. I expect many more "stories" to come in the next couple of days/weeks on how bad Boogie was. Kings management know how unpopular this trade is and they will try everything to justify it.

Unfortunately, it's not gonna stop now. Au contraire. I expect many more "stories" to come in the next couple of days/weeks on how bad Boogie was. Kings management know how unpopular this trade is and they will try everything to justify it.
And the sad this is there will be people out there that will believe EVERY word!

I never heard that report or on Seth curry and demarcus.
It must have been a silent few because I remember people up in arms over the stauskas trade too. If we were the lakers or celtics or some other big market team then trading for cap space makes sense since then you have a realistic shot of signing the top players in the league to surround your star player with. As the kings we don't have that luxury. Stars don't want to play here. Our only real chance is getting them through the draft. So that trade was destined to fail for us from the start. But what made that trade a disaster is that vlade gave the sixers the freaking farm for cap space. A top pick in the draft, a pick swap, and an unprotected first? For cap space? To try and sign players to a team they don't want to play for!?!?! When I right this I feel like it's too stupid to even make up. Love vlade the player. Despise vlade the gm. Right now he is in that rare Billy king Isaiah Thomas air.

Vlade/Vivek gave up more for freakin cap space than they got back for their prime superstaro_O.

Vlade sounded more nervous, mumbling and stumbling than PDA in that cringy post trade interview. Get him as far away from the rebuild as possible!!

Some of the laker reporters on twitter said that the lakers were scrambling together a better offer for Cuz because once the boss (Jeanie) found out he was available she put her foot down and said do whatever it takes to get him. But good Ol Vlade was afraid Vivek would say no because Ingram doesn't shoot flashy threes so he shut down all offers. The shutting down of all last minute offers is absolutely crippling, who knows what a desperate laker team would have thrown in to sweaten the pot, that was our chance to finally fleece someone or at worst create a bidding war with our one last asset.

Other execs must be laughing at us uncontrollably right now as the Pelicans lost nothing of real value, a pick is only valuable until it turns into a player and said player has a large chance of being a bust. Even if it doesn't work they can flip him for most of whatever they gave up to get him, theres plenty of time left on Cuz's deal. What will it look like when N.O flips him for more than they paid?

Another note, what the heck do we expect back for the leftover pieces? Protected future 2nd rounders for Ben, Collison etc? this trade sets a terrible precedent.

Some of the laker reporters on twitter said that the lakers were scrambling together a better offer for Cuz because once the boss (Jeanie) found out he was available she put her foot down and said do whatever it takes to get him. But good Ol Vlade was afraid Vivek would say no because Ingram doesn't shoot flashy threes so he shut down all offers. The shutting down of all last minute offers is absolutely crippling, who knows what a desperate laker team would have thrown in to sweaten the pot, that was our chance to finally fleece someone or at worst create a bidding war with our one last asset.
If this part is true, IF, then it throws a big wrench in the narrative that is being spun. That Vlade has been shopping him for awhile and kept being turned down until now AND he pounced the first opportunity that he had. It doesn't add up. The narrative going into the All-Star break was the Kings were signing him to a long-term extension. Think how quickly it got out that there were discussions with NO. If there had been discussions other than the Kings not willing to trade him, you don't think it would have leaked. It would have been in the other team's interest for it to leak.

From all appearances Vlade screwed up, plain and simple. However, the rest of the story isn't so plain and simple. I would like to have been a fly on the wall as the change of direction came down.

Another note, what the heck do we expect back for the leftover pieces? Protected future 2nd rounders for Ben, Collison etc? this trade sets a terrible precedent.
This thought occurred to me too. The only way you deal with the Kings is if you can fleece them has to be the thought process among GMs. For example Okafor is out there and he'd be a good get to help space our shooters. The 76ers are probably asking for our NOP pick, their 2017 2nd round pick, Malachi and Collision, the latter player who they'd flip for something else. This is what happens when you develop a reputation of a sucker. The sharks smell blood. For Okafor, I'd do Koufos and Philly 2017 2nd round pick. That's about right for a talented low post player who quit on the 76ers, doesn't rebound or defend, and had an ugly nightclub incident caught on video potentially coming to team where "character matters".

Last edited:

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
That's nice of you to say. I don't know... I guess I want to be contrary when I see everybody piling on... ask anybody who knows me. Guess I just think Vlade can use a friend right now :)

I would love for truth to come out at some point that vindicates Vlade. But right now? :(

Larry89

Disgruntled Kings Fan
What pisses me off is that Boogie was also traded to a western conference team so for the next half decade or so we have to deal with the ghosts of our past. We have to watch him play with another superstar, become the player we knew he would become, the person he would become, but not in Sacramento.

But also a part of me is Happy for him, this must be a humbling experience for him, he is hurt and the only thing that will make him forget these tumultuous times in the city he loved is winning. Almost like watching a family member succeed, someone you knew inside and out. He wore his emotions on his sleeve the polarizing ones as well, and in that way he was genuine, because you knew he was not a conniving manipulating person, just emotional.

He will fit well on the Pelicans with Davis, he will not have to shoulder the defense load, his offense will be better, he can play in the post. He can pass, not only can he can pass but he can run a break with Anthony Davis. I truly am happy for Demarcus, but at the same time I am horribly disappointed in our organization and the manipulative deception they have put players through under the guise of "It's a business".

Last edited:

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
Marc J. SpearsVerified account‏@MarcJSpearsESPN 1m1 minute ago

"Vlade (Divac) tried to call after it was done. But, it's done," @boogiecousins

Kristian Winfield @Krisplashed
3 minutes ago
Boogie said what hurt the most about being traded from Sacramento was "probably the way it was done. The dishonesty that came with it."

"People Skills":mad:
Just absolutely reprehensible. I will not associate myself with such garbage behavior. Nor will I have backstabbing scum like a Napear or Voison speaking for me.