Wade Baldwin IV

The Memphis Grizzlies just released Wade Baldwin, the 17th pick in the 2016 draft. This is the same player that a lot of Kings fans wanted to draft at #13 last year instead of Papa G.

http://hoopshype.com/storyline/wade-baldwin-free-agency/

What do you guys think about about signing Baldwin? He has the size to play the 1 or 2.

We would have to release someone on our roster though to make room. Release Jack Cooley and try to get him on a 2 way contract?

Thoughts?

Last edited:
If he was any good, the rebuilding Grizzlies would not have let him go for nothing.
And here is the thing, you will be getting him for nothing too.

There is basically no risk in giving him a shot, considering that we obviously had him high on our draft board just last year.

Last edited:
If he was any good, the rebuilding Grizzlies would not have let him go for nothing.
Atm I don't think the Grizz are rebuilding Conley/Parsons/Gasol/Chalmers/Wright are there main guys and Green and Ennis both 27/Harrison are the only youngish type guys they have that get consistent playing time. I don't see any sort of rebuild going on. They went from ancient old to old.

bajaden

Hall of Famer
Yeah, I'd certainly give him a shot at Reno if he was willing. He can make more money in Europe, so I'll be surprised if he ends up on a G-League team. It doesn't help him to get released this late. Most teams have filled their roster spots already. Either way, I'm not losing any sleep over him.

no use. the team has enough youth to play and take a look at. Let him be someone else's project.
Hmmm hard to not think it would be advantageous to fill a pipeline with young developing prospects ala baseball. Increases competition and can always use as trade chip to fill other holes etc

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
Hmmm hard to not think it would be advantageous to fill a pipeline with young developing prospects ala baseball. Increases competition and can always use as trade chip to fill other holes etc
unless it's their own 2018 draft selection, I think stockpiling on youth isn't all it's meant out to be either. At some point you have to see what you have and further evaluate when a team has as many young players as the Kings have.