Vlade talks lot more than Geoff - good!

Except its a bit disingenuous. He had cap room already for some of that money and he didn't need to give up so much (IMO), to get the same result.
Probably not really. Rondo might not have come here if we didn't sign another major player (shooter).

But I still do the trade even if it is Landry, Stauskas, and Thompson for Koufos and Belinelli. Let me guess, you would too, but the picks were just TOO much right?

Probably not really. Rondo might not have come here if we didn't sign another major player (shooter).

But I still do the trade even if it is Landry, Stauskas, and Thompson for Koufos and Belinelli. Let me guess, you would too, but the picks were just TOO much right?

I'm pretty sure I read that Rondo wanted another shooter. Someone who had been there are done it.

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
all the years of keeping everything close to the vest with Petrie it's great to have a change of scenery and have a guy tell it like it is and let the fans know what's going on, plus it's hard to hide anything anymore these days with the reliance of technology.

all the years of keeping everything close to the vest with Petrie it's great to have a change of scenery and have a guy tell it like it is and let the fans know what's going on, plus it's hard to hide anything anymore these days with the reliance of technology.
Well, to be fair, he is only telling us everything after the fact. NONE of these moves were forecast in advance, except the Rondo one. NOTHING else.

I think what everybody is reacting to is Vlade's "everyman" style. Hearing him talk about the Kings it's like your sitting next to a guy at the bar and he's just telling you about his job.

But let's be clear. He's not telling you about moves he's going to make, and he never has. That is exactly like Petrie.

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
Well, to be fair, he is only telling us everything after the fact. NONE of these moves were forecast in advance, except the Rondo one. NOTHING else.

I think what everybody is reacting to is Vlade's "everyman" style. Hearing him talk about the Kings it's like your sitting next to a guy at the bar and he's just telling you about his job.

But let's be clear. He's not telling you about moves he's going to make, and he never has. That is exactly like Petrie.
What GM really goes out and tells the fans the moves he will make anyway? He will give you an idea of what type of players they are looking for and then we can speculate from there based on the reports and contract offers and/or trade interest there is.