Vlade says DMC untradeable (on SiriusXmradio)

Justin Termine @TermineRadio
Just talked to Vlade Divac on @SiriusXMNBA He said George Karl "might have overstepped his bounds" saying no player is untradeable #Kings
SiriusXM NBA Radio @SiriusXMNBA

"We played the same style of play that the #Warriors are playing right now" Divac on how his Kings teams used to play

"DeMarcus is untradeable & a guy who we want to build around" Divac on DeMarcus Cousins

"I have alot of confidence in Coach Karl" Divac on the future of the

HndsmCelt

Hall of Famer
"We played the same style of play that the #Warriors are playing right now" Divac on how his Kings teams used to play

That is what I always loved about Vladie, his charitably!

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
Could be LMAO at Grant and pals for pushing the debunked narrative. On a larger scale, at the 1000 rumors all over the internet in general. His old conflict with the press.

Could be LMAO at Karl for getting contradicted. Which wouldn't be great because it would underscore bitterness/conflict there.

Could be LMAO at Vlade, thinking he's either lying or not in as much control as he thinks.

Could be LMAO at everyone, because he's ready to force his way out and these promises will mean nothing.

The only one of those that is any good is the first one, but in truth I think it the most likely given his tweet history. When you really get down to parsing a lot of his cryptic and worrisome tweets, you can translate almost all of them into problems with the media as opposed to (or in addition to) others. They have been his primary antagonist. Well, them and the refs. :)

Bricklayer

That is what I always loved about Vladie, his charitably!
Yeah, there's irony there because we played nothing at all like them. I will attempt to ignore that and assume that Vlade is not ignorant, but just pandering to his boss.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Yeah, there's irony there because we played nothing at all like them. I will attempt to ignore that and assume that Vlade is not ignorant, but just pandering to his boss.
Gotta disagree a bit. I think the two key words in Vlade's statement are "RIGHT NOW"...meaning how the Warriors played in defeating the Grizzlies, a combination of defense and offense that makes them very difficult to beat.

He of course could be referring to his time when actually playing for the Kings considering it says after the quote: "Divac on how his Kings teams used to play"

Last edited:

funkykingston

Super Moderator
Staff member
I wouldn't say they play nothing like them.

Under Kerr they've done a lot of things that the glory day Kings did - big man (Bogut in this case) operating from the high post for handoffs and backdoor passes, lots of quick screens and especially pin down screens to free shooters, lots of two man game, using their PG more off the ball, lots more ball movement, and above all lots of guys looping as action is initiated from the elbow. Kerr undoubtedly picked that up from Pop but Pop took it from Adelman.

Obviously things are different because the rosters are different, but the offensive principles are largely the same. The Kings best player was Webber and the Warriors is Curry. The Kings had an elite defender at SG while the Warriors have one at PF. Etc, etc. But in terms of playing style I really see a lot of similarities.

The biggest difference is that the Warriors are going to win a title this year - mostly because there's nothing close to the Kobe/Shaq Lakers left for them to go through.

I'm not saying he didn't mean it, but let's be honest, he has everything to gain and nothing to lose by saying that. It appeases DMC and let's him know that he's not going anywhere and it also could make trade offers for DMC much better. It's a good move.

Lots of ways to interpret that. Personally, I think he's laughing his arse off at all the people who have been trying to stir up poopoo.
I feel like he does this sort of thing quite a bit and we are left to "interpret" it. At what point do we start taking it negatively? I mean, why can't he just say "Thanks Vlade! #sacramentoproud" or something like that?

Bricklayer

I'm not saying he didn't mean it, but let's be honest, he has everything to gain and nothing to lose by saying that. It appeases DMC and let's him know that he's not going anywhere and it also could make trade offers for DMC much better. It's a good move.
No, you wouldn't come out that strongly on national radio without even an equivocating "you never say never but..." and then trade him the same summer. You'd look like an ass, and an untrustworthy one too.

This was a calculated move to be sure to finally put a cork in the rumormill and perhaps settle Cuz. But unless Cuz pops up wanting to force the trade, you just don't make strong statements, even including a little rebuke to your 1000 win coach, and then dump guys a month or two later. People remember, fanbases remember.

No, you wouldn't come out that strongly on national radio without even an equivocating "you never say never but..." and then trade him the same summer. You'd look like an ass, and an untrustworthy one too.

This was a calculated move to be sure to finally put a cork in the rumormill and perhaps settle Cuz. But unless Cuz pops up wanting to force the trade, you just don't make strong statements, even including a little rebuke to your 1000 win coach, and then dump guys a month or two later. People remember, fanbases remember.
You're a lawyer, right? This is a classic negotiation move....I'm not disagreeing that it very well could be to settle Cuz but I'm just saying there is no downside to saying it. Unless you're LBJ or MJ I really don't think anybody is untradeable.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
I feel like he does this sort of thing quite a bit and we are left to "interpret" it. At what point do we start taking it negatively? I mean, why can't he just say "Thanks Vlade! #sacramentoproud" or something like that?
Because that's not who he is.

He has been absolutely put through a shredder this year by some sports "experts" who, it turns out, know nothing more than anybody on this forum. I believe in him, I believe that he believes in loyalty, and I think he knows that Vlade would not say anything he didn't believe.