Visit the Virtual Golden1 Center at Home

The Golden1 Center is not scheduled to be open to the public until October 2016, but if you really can't wait there are a couple options, one right now and one soon to be officially announced, to experience the new arena right on your own couch ( if you have an iPhone or iPad.)

First off, here is something to do right now.

If you have been to a Kings game, or been fortunate enough to visit the Sacramento Kings XC near the new arena, you may have seen this strangely topped table:

It is used with an iOS app called "Virtual ESC" which is available in the APP Store at:

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/virtual-esc/id916236913

At Sleep Train Arena or the Kings XC you can open the app and aim your iPhone or iPad camera at the table to "magically" allow your device to become a portal in which you can explore in 3D a representation of the new Golden1 Center. The first picture above shows you what you would see.

I discovered that one can skip the special table altogether.

The thing that seems to trigger the app displaying the arena is the Kings logo itself. I aimed my phone at a random Kings logo which was the first one displayed on a Google search:

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipe...ento_Kings.svg/831px-Sacramento_Kings.svg.png

Lo and behold, this is what I saw:

Not only that, but I was also able to print out that same image on plain paper and use that as well.

In my case, I did a print preview before printing and custom scaled the picture to 122% size. It then fit a full sheet of letter sized paper on my Epson printer.

As for the other method to experience the Golden1 Center.... well, it is out there publicly if you know where to look, but has not been officially announced yet so I promised the Kings not to be the one to steal their thunder. Let's just say the Kings would like to make an official announcement in the next couple weeks of a way to see the 3D view from every section of the arena. This is based on the actual CAD arena dimensions and looks spectacular, so it will be the best way possible for us at home to feel exactly what it will be like (minus the crazy fans, of course) to be seated in your seats at Golden1 Center.

(The information in this post was provided with permission by the Sacramento Kings)