VF21's site of the day

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Want to waste a lot of time? This site is totally addictive!

How Many Of Me

The premise behind this site is very simple. There are a lot of people in the United States of America, but how many share the same name? Using census data, this site can tell you how many people share your name.

It’s easy to use too! Just type your name in the First Name and Last Name fields, answer the question beneath it in the drop down box about your age, and then press the Search Names button.

It will then give you the number of people with that name combination. There are 94 people in the United States that have my exact name combination, but there are whopping 613,681 who share my first name! Wowza!

This is addicting! I ended inputting the names of everyone in my family, and my daughter has a unique entry. She is the 1 person with her name.

How many of you, will you find? Go find out today!

http://howmanyofme.com

(from Worldstart's Tech Tips newsletter)

Warhawk

Give blood and save a life!
Staff member
There are only 3 people in the US with the same first and last names as me. I know one of them is my dad (different middle names though, but that isn't asked).

1,167,922 with the same first name - 30th most popular in the US.

Only 692 with the same last name. That is where the rarity comes from.

I'm the only one on the US with the same first and last names. There are only two with my son's first and last name. His last name is very rare, like Warhawk's. My last name isn't as rare as, but still fairly rare.

A fair number of people sharing my son's last name are relatives.