Vet free agents and filling out the roster

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
This is good!
I hope more talent goes from the west to the east.
With George Hill gone and Ingles leaving, maybe Hayward leaves making the Jazz not so jazzy.

Clippers also lost CP3 and could lose one or both of Reddick and Griffin. Clips will not be as good.
60 million for a 3 & D SF? yikes...good luck with all that Orlando. That's why you are who you are.

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
We're going to be stupid in free agency, I can feel it.

Vlade said Fox was his guy, that he'd take him #1 overall and that he's "our future" so of course it makes sense to sign Lowry to a max deal and give Fox just backup minutes for two or three seasons.
I sure hope you are wrong. Patience is not a virtue among this front office based on the players they are wanting to meet with.

From what I recall he was just using the Kings as leverage .
He may very well have. It's not like that is uncommon. SVG even used us in that manner.

Now that we have cap space galore, we are getting used as leverage again. I personally don't know if Iguodala would even be a good fit, and it wouldn't be cheap. It just seemed to me Iguodala is being painted as a villain. Maybe he didn't like Pete D either.

BREAKING NEWS!!!!

PER TWITTER: KINGS INTERESTED IN EVERY FREE AGENT ON THE MARKET!!! WILLING TO SIGN EVERYONE TO A MAX DEAL!!!!

Come on everyone, don't believe everything you hear. Just about every Agent is going to leak that the Kings are interested in their client to drive up their asking price.

I don't believe it! I think Vlade and Perry will play it smart, like we did last year! :)

dude12

Hall of Famer
Not going to lie....it's nice to see Boston and Houston not get PG. and Oladipo gets to go home to Indiana or at least where he played college ball

funkykingston

Super Moderator
Staff member
So Paul George and Jimmy Butler are now in the western conference but the Kings are reportedly looking at big name free agents why exactly?

So they can try and win now with 9 guys on rookie contracts?

Chris Haynes
@ChrisBHaynes
about 18 minutes ago
Sacramento Kings have scheduled a face-to-face meeting with PJ Tucker over the weekend, league sources tell ESPN.
I'm not a huge Tucker fan but at least that makes some sense.

Come on guys. Have we not learned from the Lakers "signing high character vets to lead their young players"? Luol Deng was a 31 yearold vet who they gave a 4-year $72million. Absolute non-factor this year, and they're looking for ways to get rid of his contract. Or how about the famous Timofey Mozgov contract? 4-year $65million. They were forced to include their former #2 overall pick in his salary dump...

Help me out here Point Guards

1. Golden State- Curry (Woj), Livingston (C.Haynes)
  2. San Antonio- MILLS (Woj) parker
  3. Houston- CP3-Harden
  4. Clippers-Beverly
  5. Utah- Rubio
  6. Oklahoma-Oladipo
  7. Memphis-Conelly
  8. Portland-Dame
  9. Denver-_____?, Jameer, Mudiay
  10. New Orleans-Jrue?
  11. Dallas-Barrea, DSJ
  12. Sacramento-______?,Fox
  13. Minnesota-Teague (Woj)
  14. Lakers-______?,Ball
  15. Phoenix-Bledsoe, Knight

Last edited:
So Paul George and Jimmy Butler are now in the western conference but the Kings are reportedly looking at big name free agents why exactly?

So they can try and win now with 9 guys on rookie contracts?
Exactly. Makes no ****ing sense for the Kings to make a run at aging big named FAs who will decline within 2 years. I don't get it. Lots of money tied up in an aging player.. for what? bring vet leadership? Temple and Koufos can do that. to bring in our players slowly? Temple and Koufos can do that too. to help Skal and Giles become better players? uhm Kings can spend less than $1million on individual specific trainers for them..