Vet free agents and filling out the roster

I will stop following Sacramento Kings if they sign Teague. Would be so Sacramento-like decision to draft point guard at 5 and another in early 2nd round and then overpaying for an average 29 year old point guard who doesnt fit in our timeline at all.
I don't know if I'd go that far but the way this rebuilding team SHOULD use its caproom is to first look for teams wanting to dump bad contracts in exchange for future 1st rounders. THEN to fill the remaining roster spots with veterans on relatively small, short term deals. Guys who are good enough to start on a bad team but are also willing to be backups if the youngsters on the roster outplay them.

If the Kings bring in Shelvin Mack or bring back Lawson or Collison and Fox is killing them in training camp and playing how Joerger wants then you start the kid. If he isn't, you have him come off the bench until he is.

The Kings officially started a rebuild when they traded Cousins. And even the best rebuilds (barring a team like the Lakers attracting established stars) takes time. Right now the goal is still collecting assets and helping the young guys develop.

Whats up everyone. Newby here, actually 1st time post. What do you guys think of Ibaka? If we want our rookies to learn and grow why not get players that we think they can grow into. I think Skal can become an Ibaka type player. Ibaka is still 28 plays good defense stretch the floor. Other guys I like would be Mills at pg since Fox is the future(probably next year he starts)Mills comes from a winning culture hits the 3 and can slide into a backup roll easily and if Mason comes along can be traded as he would not be a horrible contract. I think about 8-10 mil a year would get him here. And I also like Porter at sf if they want him most likely gonna be 20mill+year. But can be worth it, continues to improve good scorer. I think he will be better here than in Washington for the simple fact that without Beal and Wall he will get more shots.

Mills/Fox/Temple
Hield/Bogdon/Richardson
Porter/Jackson/Temple
Ibaka/Skal
WCS/Papa/Koufus

Giles/Mason d league for 1 year or call up if injuries.

Please no to Teague. Makes zero sense. Ty Lawson would be a much better fit.

I'd throw money at Porter but only if they think he is an 18-20ppg type scorer. If he's a 13-15ppg guy, you don't want your highest paid guy being a high end role player. If he can pull a Harrison Barnes and show that he was being held back by other players on the team taking most the shots, then I'd throw an offer out. He's essentially perfect for what we need at the SF spot but there's no sense in giving max contracts out to guys who aren't max players. Especially if it's at the detriment of being able to sign our own guys if they blossom in a few years.

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
Per hoopshype, it seems that the Kings and Teague are showing mutual interest...

Is there a plan to all of our madness? Teague is a quality PG. I wonder how much he is looking for....
Sounds about right. A rotation of Teague and Fox while Mason gets buried behind the bench for the next couple of seasons.

We're going to be stupid in free agency, I can feel it.

Vlade said Fox was his guy, that he'd take him #1 overall and that he's "our future" so of course it makes sense to sign Lowry to a max deal and give Fox just backup minutes for two or three seasons.

Whats up everyone. Newby here, actually 1st time post. What do you guys think of Ibaka? If we want our rookies to learn and grow why not get players that we think they can grow into. I think Skal can become an Ibaka type player. Ibaka is still 28 plays good defense stretch the floor. Other guys I like would be Mills at pg since Fox is the future(probably next year he starts)Mills comes from a winning culture hits the 3 and can slide into a backup roll easily and if Mason comes along can be traded as he would not be a horrible contract. I think about 8-10 mil a year would get him here. And I also like Porter at sf if they want him most likely gonna be 20mill+year. But can be worth it, continues to improve good scorer. I think he will be better here than in Washington for the simple fact that without Beal and Wall he will get more shots.

Mills/Fox/Temple
Hield/Bogdon/Richardson
Porter/Jackson/Temple
Ibaka/Skal
WCS/Papa/Koufus

Giles/Mason d league for 1 year or call up if injuries.
Welcome to the board!

As for Porter, he will likely be retained or dealt in a PG trade. I see Ibaka and Mills in a similar situation. I am not sure if they are going to be leaving their respective teams.

We're going to be stupid in free agency, I can feel it.

Vlade said Fox was his guy, that he'd take him #1 overall and that he's "our future" so of course it makes sense to sign Lowry to a max deal and give Fox just backup minutes for two or three seasons.
While us doing something stupid is always going to be gnawing at the back of our brains, I don't have a ton of faith in Leo Beas' sources at this time. Really feels like he is just trying to get his name out there in the "I get scoops!" fashion.

Will have to see some breaking news of his come true before I take it seriously. Kyle Lowrey would go to Min before Sac if he was to leave Tor.

Jody Genessy @DJJazzyJody
about 12 minutes ago
Joe Ingles could receive a 4-year, $60 million offer from the Orlando Magic, according to @Tim Bontemps. This could get interesting.

I bit too rich for my blood. And too many years
This is good!
I hope more talent goes from the west to the east.
With George Hill gone and Ingles leaving, maybe Hayward leaves making the Jazz not so jazzy.

Clippers also lost CP3 and could lose one or both of Reddick and Griffin. Clips will not be as good.

While us doing something stupid is always going to be gnawing at the back of our brains, I don't have a ton of faith in Leo Beas' sources at this time. Really feels like he is just trying to get his name out there in the "I get scoops!" fashion.

Will have to see some breaking news of his come true before I take it seriously. Kyle Lowrey would go to Min before Sac if he was to leave Tor.
Rumor is the Wolves are targeting/have an agreement with Teague.

Jody Genessy @DJJazzyJody
about 12 minutes ago
Joe Ingles could receive a 4-year, $60 million offer from the Orlando Magic, according to @Tim Bontemps. This could get interesting.

I bit too rich for my blood. And too many years
I was thinking 3 years, $40-45 million for Ingles. It's the 4th year that bothers me.

I don't know what Orlando is doing. I'm not sure Orlando knows what they are doing.