[UTA/HOU] Will he be 0-7?

Status
Not open for further replies.
incredible game, very exciting. houston played with tons of heart, wish they could have won this series and been fully healthy coming into this series.

Um, they won tonight. Gritty performance by Houston. Alston had a big game. Clutch FTs by Scola as the clock ticked down. Gotta give credit to the refs for actually calling a foul with the game on the line. That doesn't usually happen, even when the foul is obvious.

As they say - a playoff series really doesn't start until the home team loses a game. Or something like that - meaning when favored. Helluva game 3 tonight for Adelman's crew.

Last edited:

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
There is some irony, or perhaps its jsut desperation, to TMac really failing for most of the series, and then finally coming up with the monster effort to stave off elimination...only to find out he showed up to the gym alone. Actually its been the defense whcih did not show, and after a whole season of scrapping and clawing for everything, that has to be disappointing.

Mr. S£im Citrus

Doryphore of KingsFans.com
Staff member
PS - **** Houston for losing, and forcing me to root for the Utah F. Jazz, as my only hope to keep the gd lakers out of the Conference Finals. Bam-Boozer or the lakers? Talk about cutting off your nose to spite your face... :mad:

Agreed, I can't believe I will be rooting for the Jazz.

And when the Lakers eventually win, I can't believe I will be rooting for the Spurs.

I fear that the refs will have a very hard time trying to cheat for both teams this WCF. Hell, we might actually have a fair series for once.

Warhawk

Give blood and save a life!
Staff member
PS - **** Houston for losing, and forcing me to root for the Utah F. Jazz, as my only hope to keep the gd lakers out of the Conference Finals. Bam-Boozer or the lakers? Talk about cutting off your nose to spite your face... :mad:
Actually, I don't mind the Jazz. I have no problem rooting for them to win to knock out some other teams, especially the Lakers.

I would think Slim would like them, given the tough D they play. Maybe there is something I'm missing....

Or is it just the Boozer thing?

Agreed, I can't believe I will be rooting for the Jazz.

And when the Lakers eventually win, I can't believe I will be rooting for the Spurs.

I fear that the refs will have a very hard time trying to cheat for both teams this WCF. Hell, we might actually have a fair series for once.
I know I've asked this question before, but how can you watch NBA basketball if you don't believe the games are decided fairly?

Mr. S£im Citrus

Doryphore of KingsFans.com
Staff member
Actually, I don't mind the Jazz. I have no problem rooting for them to win to knock out some other teams, especially the Lakers.

I would think Slim would like them, given the tough D they play. Maybe there is something I'm missing....

Or is it just the Boozer thing?
It's the Boozer thing. If it weren't for F. Carlos Boozer, I would actually like the Jazz a lot.

Warhawk

Give blood and save a life!
Staff member
It's the Boozer thing. If it weren't for F. Carlos Boozer, I would actually like the Jazz a lot.
OK, I understand that. I thought maybe there was another reason.

I didn't like what happened there, but seeing as how it didn't impact the Kings at all (they weren't involved in any of that), I guess I just didn't really care too much. Stuff like that (handshake agreements, etc.) happens a lot more than we are probably ever aware of, this time it just got into the public and made headlines....

OK, I understand that. I thought maybe there was another reason.

I didn't like what happened there, but seeing as how it didn't impact the Kings at all (they weren't involved in any of that), I guess I just didn't really care too much. Stuff like that (handshake agreements, etc.) happens a lot more than we are probably ever aware of, this time it just got into the public and made headlines....
Yeah, it sucks that Boozer played the Cavs like that, but he did what he thought would give him the most security for his career. Can't blame him. I'm over it a long time. And he's one hell of a player.

I'd LOVE to see the Jazz and the Hornets play each other in the WCF.

I think that's different, for several reasons.

1) Everyone knows wrestling is scripted, so it's like going to a movie: you know the outcome has already been decided, so it's just entertainment for a couple of hours. You're not depressed when your favorite loses. Maybe you are; I don't watch wrestling. Which brings me to #2...

2) I don't watch wrestling.

3) The NBA is supposed to be a competitive League, with 30 different owners all looking to win, all of them subject to the same rules to incite competition. For you to be a fan of the NBA despite your belief that it's fixed -- and even be a fan of one particular team, hoping that they win, despite the odds -- is ridiculous. It's not reasonable.

I know we've dealt with this before, but I don't understand how someone can believe that the refs and the League literally "cheat" for certain teams in the playoffs, and still be a fan. That's just nuts to me.

Superman said:
Yeah, it sucks that Boozer played the Cavs like that, but he did what he thought would give him the most security for his career. Can't blame him. I'm over it a long time. And he's one hell of a player.
I always figured the outrage would've been much worse for Boozer if he wasn't willingly going to Utah. Even Malone admitted to his heart sinking once Dallas broke their draft promise because he knew Utah was comin up.

Status
Not open for further replies.