USA v China

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Listening to Reggie praise DMC is good for this Kings fan's soul. I don't think Marv was being a total arse - he was trying, I think, to temper Reggie's praise with a little "devil's advocate."

:)

dude12

Hall of Famer
Listening to Reggie praise DMC is good for this Kings fan's soul. I don't think Marv was being a total arse - he was trying, I think, to temper Reggie's praise with a little "devil's advocate."

:)
Maybe, I thought it a bit funny because Reggie said he liked Cuz' demeanor on the court but he said it tentatively......it goes against the grain of the usual canned description.

dude12

Hall of Famer
Out of all the talent on the USA roster......and it's great talent every single one of them.....Durant is the best guy on the court.

Glenn

Hall of Famer
Boogie is playing active defense out to the three pt line. I don't know what the stats are for that but it looks good anyway.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Maybe, I thought it a bit funny because Reggie said he liked Cuz' demeanor on the court but he said it tentatively......it goes against the grain of the usual canned description.
I'll disagree just a bit, because I've always liked Reggie Miller and what you're hearing from him is about as assertive as he ever gets. ;)

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
I don't know about anybody else, but I think not having some of the "super-stars" there just might be a very good thing. This group of young men is already showing me just how dominant they can be. I'm actually remembering how much I love this stupid game.

GO USA!

Man its nice to see a glimpse of what life would be like had we drafted star level perimeter talent for Boogie. He is an active beast on both ends, really a handful for anyone who tries to stop him or score on him. Without the pressure to score 30 a night and having teammates he can actually trust to show up to he plays alot more free and within the scheme, truly a refreshing sight to see.

I know they are obviously not the caliber of defenders that he's going to see in the NBA but I like how Cousins is implementing more spin moves into his game. He's not just charging through guys, trying to overpower them. That works against guys like Faried but you're going to need to get someone like Steven Adams off balance and out of position to score on and those spin moves will help.

Boogie can do no bad in the national set up. Everyone loves him and he is a key cog - its all positive news and plaudits all round
being surrounded by legitimate talent, consistent coaching, and competent management will usually do wonders for any star player, but it feels more pronounced with boogie because he's not yet had the chance to impact a winning team as an nba player.

I know they are obviously not the caliber of defenders that he's going to see in the NBA but I like how Cousins is implementing more spin moves into his game. He's not just charging through guys, trying to overpower them. That works against guys like Faried but you're going to need to get someone like Steven Adams off balance and out of position to score on and those spin moves will help.
Shhh, he has no post moves

My bad, he has no GO TO post move. Its just a repertoire. That will hurt him, the whole 'you can do whatever you want on the block cuz you're just so skilled and agile but for God sake you cant do just ONE thing eight, you have yo be able to be skilled doing many things right and it sucks to be you' issue.

Last edited by a moderator:
Shhh, he has no post moves

My bad, he has no GO TO post move. Its just a repertoire. That will hurt him, the whole 'you can do whatever you want on the block cuz you're just so skilled and agile but for God sake you cant do just ONE thing eight, you have yo be able to be skilled doing many things right and it sucks to be you' issue.
I'm not sure how your takeaway from that highlight reel was "Cousins has post moves", when his only real move was off a drive from catching it way outside the paint. (This isn't meant as a criticism of Cousins - I could equally say that watching KD hit 3s in that same video is no indication that he has post moves)

Ah how nice it would be to have a Kevin Durant on our team to pair with Cousins.

Beating them to the punch:
Of course he did good, it helps when you have good teammates (duh, been pointed out)
Well its not like he did it all himself, he had help (see last parenthesis)
It was against inferior competition (umm, thats every night for Cuz, 27 and 11 yo)
Well, at least his attitide wass in check (yours would be too playing with people who deserved to be on the same court with you, dont act like at your job if there were 4 weak links out of 5 if you would just be ho hum happy to carry the load everyday fixing their mistakes just cuz you made .50 cents more per hour).