[Update: Natt fired] When will the "We've fired Kenny" announcement arrive?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just curious... I know he was interim, so I guess they do not need to fire him? But do they make an announcement or just wait until after the playoffs and start interviewing people?

Warhawk

The cake is a lie.
Staff member
I thought I have heard that they are not announcing anything until next week sometime at the earliest.....

If they’re going to give him an extension, then I hope we hire Brian Shaw. I don’t think I can take another year of Kenny as a coach. And I’d rather have an assistant that I actually want to see here.

On a happier note, I wish Kenny the best and hopefully he’ll land in a situation that’s good for him.

They are taking way too long to announce it, they might as well just bring the man back. He was way to bad of a coach for them to be taking this damn long to fire his arse.

They are taking way too long to announce it, they might as well just bring the man back. He was way to bad of a coach for them to be taking this damn long to fire his arse.
It's been the same process for the last two post-season firings. The Kings did their exit interviews today. They will give it the weekend to pretend they are really reflecting on it and then probably announce they are not picking up his option on Tuesday or Wednesday at the latest.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
NewArena - Way too long? Oh please. Our season ended two days ago. I'm pretty sure the front office might just want to take a few days off before handing Natt his head. Geez...

:rolleyes:

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
Yeah, I liked Brian Shaw when he interviewed a couple years ago for our job, and I hope they give him another interview.

Its off topic, but one of te things I have owndered about with Shaq is aI think he was rumored to be int he run for our job the past TWO times we've had openings (Muss and Reggie), and we went so far as to intrerview him and then reject him in favor of a flimflam man last time out. Makes you wonder about his enthusiasm at coming back in for yet another try as a third choice, kind of liek being the last guy picked in a pick up game. Is he really going to feel the owners are behind him?

Its off topic, but one of te things I have owndered about with Shaq is aI think he was rumored to be int he run for our job the past TWO times we've had openings (Muss and Reggie), and we went so far as to intrerview him and then reject him in favor of a flimflam man last time out. Makes you wonder about his enthusiasm at coming back in for yet another try as a third choice, kind of liek being the last guy picked in a pick up game. Is he really going to feel the owners are behind him?
I agree. It's about time to seal the deal and make Shaq our new head coach! :D

Yeah, I hear what you're saying...didnt Horry want to come here and be his assistant if he got the job, too??

Seriously, if a guy was passed over not once but twice for such coaching stalwarts like Muss and Reggie, I don't know what to think of him. If he can't even be persuasive with the front office, how well would he do with the players? Is Shaw the good assistant who is not good enough to be the main guy?

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
Seriously, if a guy was passed over not once but twice for such coaching stalwarts like Muss and Reggie, I don't know what to think of him. If he can't even be persuasive with the front office, how well would he do with the players? Is Shaw the good assistant who is not good enough to be the main guy?

Not actually worried about that aspect -- I think Shaw is extremely well thought of as a future head coach...by everybody except the Maloofs who true to their Vegas roots wanted flash over basketball substance.

The Maloofs have been claiming they have learned, have issued some generalized mea culpas. Guess we'll find out here soon enough.

2nd thought BTW: Shaw is still an assistant with a title contender and they probably won't be done with their season until June. Would we wait that long? Would he even want to interview in the midst of the playoff push? Same thing goes with Thibodeau actually.

Not actually worried about that aspect -- I think Shaw is extremely well thought of as a future head coach...by everybody except the Maloofs who true to their Vegas roots wanted flash over basketball substance.

The Maloofs have been claiming they have learned, have issued some generalized mea culpas. Guess we'll find out here soon enough.

2nd thought BTW: Shaw is still an assistant with a title contender and they probably won't be done with their season until June. Would we wait that long? Would he even want to interview in the midst of the playoff push? Same thing goes with Thibodeau actually.
Agree 100% about Shaw and have had the same concerns about timing. Unless the Lakers or Celtics get upset, it should be over a month before we could even start interviewing either option. Although, if the Kings have serious interest in Shaw, my guess is that Petrie is very familiar with him and his style after interviewing him twice and reportedly wanting to choose him.

Let’s hope the 3rd times the charm...I think this time the owners will have no choice but to be behind him, especially since they chose the last 2 coaches and we all saw how that turned out.

Let's hope Shaw overlooks those last 2 times.

Yesterday on Sportsline, Grant said he thought Geoff would be back from his grandchild's birth in the next day or two, make the Natt announcement, and then take off to Europe. They have until May 1 to terminate Natt, apparently.

Let’s hope the 3rd times the charm...I think this time the owners will have no choice but to be behind him, especially since they chose the last 2 coaches and we all saw how that turned out.

Let's hope Shaw overlooks those last 2 times.
All that, compounded with the fact they fired our former coach way too soon...at still the beginning part of the season too. But that's water under the bridge now, they can't go back. Should be an interesting next 2 months with our team...enjoy your trip over the pond Geoff, you'll be VERY busy when you get back!

Status
Not open for further replies.