Votes: 15 35.7%
  • Will coach a few games and will be fired

Votes: 22 52.4%
  • Will not be the head coach at all as someone else will be hired

Votes: 5 11.9%

• Total voters

gunks

Hall of Famer
Its not about fan expectations, it's about the owner's expectations.

Will our guys attempt at least 60 3pt shots a game?

Will Nik get the 35mpg he deserves as Vivek's pick?

Will we cherry pick easy shots, or play defense like fools?

Will DC and Cuz be the next Nash and Amare? Since, you know... It was Malone's system holding them back!

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
I think we all know Corbin is not in our long term plans so let's just ride this train out until the tracks steer us directly into a lake...:rolleyes:

New guy in the New Year. Could be Karl but do not rule out Mullin or any other possibility. At this point nothing AND I MEAN NOTHING will surprise me out of this Kings Front Office.

Spike

Subsidiary Intermediary
Staff member
He'll keep the seat warm.

How the team will respond is a mystery. I wouldn't blame them for folding. My gut says they're professionals, and they'll do their best, but it's hard to play for a guy you know isn't in the long term plans.

Based on PDA's press conference today I think it's pretty obvious what the expectations are.........be a puppet and don't question authority. This means run Vivek's "run and gun" offensive style and start experimenting with things like the 4 on 5 defense. If it fails the fall back plan will then be George Karl.

They are not going to get all of the NBA 3.0, run and gun, and 4 on 5 defense stuff from George Karl if they hired him right now. They'll never get him to do the more off the wall stuff. One thing everybody knows about George Karl is that he has a strong will and when he's the coach.....he's the coach. Karl doesn't take play-style orders from the owner or GM. He doesn't have to because he's succeeded everywhere he has gone.

Sad to say but the only reason Ty Corbin even has the head coach job right now (and their full support as they say) is because he's going to do things their way. When I say "their way" I really mean Vivek's way because I think Vivek is trying to prove something to the rest of the league that his NBA 3.0 stuff that he runs on is daughter's team will work in the NBA. George Karl is way to smart, strong willed, and credible to come in here and start taking coaching orders from Vivek.

I think the only hope here is that most likely Vivek's methods fail miserably and his mind will override his ego and he will set said ego aside and say to himself, "I tried it my way and I was wrong it did not work".

I think Coach Corbin will finish the season. He doesn't earn 'head coach money' so it will be more economical for the FO to keep him through the end of the season. If the Kings do well then it's a cherry on top for the organization. Malone is still owed a lot of money. Karl will demand a large contract. If Karl was the reason for terminating Malone why not bring him in now? Public perception? No. Certainly Malone was a stone in the FO's shoe for a while per the facts beginning to emerge. The Karl idea was probably explored by the FO for a few weeks now or even more. At this juncture bringing in Karl would not matter as it pertains to public perception. There's no conspiracy here. If Karl is brought in then why terminate Corbin? Why wouldn't the FO just reinsert him as an assistant coach? Unless Karl doesn't want him.

So my take in the matter is that Corbin remains HC at least until the end of the present season. One thing is for sure, we'll know what happens before too long.

-Cheers.

Based on PDA's press conference today I think it's pretty obvious what the expectations are.........be a puppet and don't question authority. This means run Vivek's "run and gun" offensive style and start experimenting with things like the 4 on 5 defense. If it fails the fall back plan will then be George Karl.

They are not going to get all of the NBA 3.0, run and gun, and 4 on 5 defense stuff from George Karl if they hired him right now. They'll never get him to do the more off the wall stuff. One thing everybody knows about George Karl is that he has a strong will and when he's the coach.....he's the coach. Karl doesn't take play-style orders from the owner or GM. He doesn't have to because he's succeeded everywhere he has gone.

Sad to say but the only reason Ty Corbin even has the head coach job right now (and their full support as they say) is because he's going to do things their way. When I say "their way" I really mean Vivek's way because I think Vivek is trying to prove something to the rest of the league that his NBA 3.0 stuff that he runs on is daughter's team will work in the NBA. George Karl is way to smart, strong willed, and credible to come in here and start taking coaching orders from Vivek.

I think the only hope here is that most likely Vivek's methods fail miserably and his mind will override his ego and he will set said ego aside and say to himself, "I tried it my way and I was wrong it did not work".
It feels like Ty Corbin has integrity, so I don't think, you will get a puppet. Multi-headed FO mishandled the situation with PDA making pretty bad job at damage control, but these crazy ideas that Kings will try out crazy ideas is just a way for national talking heads to get easy hits.

Last edited:

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
I really have no idea.

Here's the keys:

1) if Vivek can convince Mullin to come in and complete the stupidity, Corbin is done as head coach, but could very well be asked to stay on as lead assistant/the real coach, while Mullin struts the sidelines during games.

2) if Mullin won't say yes, Corbin may have some lasting power just so long as he indulges every idiotic whim of the front office

3) if Mullin gsays no, but Corbin turns out to have some backbone/integrity, then apparently he too will be canned. This is no longer a professional setting. Yes men only need apply. We've got a power mad rodent and rich middle school coach to satisfy.

3) if Mullin gsays no, but Corbin turns out to have some backbone/integrity, then apparently he too will be canned.
Unless he manages to get the team to overachieve in a significant way. It's going to be difficult to fire a coach who is wining. I know this scenario is a long shot with Cousins out, but stranger things have happened...

I don't have any expectations from him. He's going to be controlled by 3 of the biggest idiots to ever run a franchise. Can't judge him based on that.

It would probably be best for Corbin to give in and listen to what he is told, but dammit I want him to flip the script and go all commando up in here, have the team playing defense and proclaiming "This is for Coach Malone!" in a Spartan voice while he kicks Vivek into a ditch. Yea that's what I want.

Make it happen Corbin, not like you got anything to lose.

What?? :p

You apparently forget which front office we are talking about here.
I think it's obvious they waited for Malone to start losing. If they wanted him out that bad they could have done it earlier, while he was winning. They apparently needed the excuse. Hopefully Corbin manages to get the team to overachieve so that they don't get this excuse, and have to watch him disobey their stupid orders.

Spike

Subsidiary Intermediary
Staff member
Well, apparently Vivek assumes Corbin will win more games and get the Kings into the playoffs, so there are his expectations: Screen Shot 2014-12-17 at 9.32.44 AM.png

Seems pretty easy to axe the guy if/when he doesn't get it done. Good luck, Ty.