Ty Lawson (merged)

Ty Lawson, any questions?

Hey everyone thought he was done. No one thought he would help the Kings. In the early games this season he looked like he lost a step. Last night he scored 19 points on 11 shots and had 6 assists. But more than that he repeatedly broke down the Detroit defense. He gives the Kings another Alpha on the floor.

I have done a complete 180 on Ty since his hookah smoking days. He has been getting it done.

Its the Law Son!:)

Despite the new Collective Bargaining Agreement, I'm impressed with Ty Lawson to the point where I'm thinking the Kings ought to negotiate and extend/resign him as soon as possible at Point Guard for a 3 or 4 Yr contract. He may be past his prime, but he has shown to still be competitive, and earned an extension. They may still go after another PG if they like as well or perhaps draft.

Its all about right price. The problem for Ty I think at this point is he will continue to be followed by his past and anyGM including Vlade will look at him as high risk inthe sense that yes this year he has turned himself around, what preventa him from relapsing? Especially after signing a multi year deal when playing for this type of deal might be the biggest motivator to him....once he signs it will he still have the same drive?

bajaden

Hall of Famer
While both Lawson and Collison are unrestricted freeagents at seasons end, I hope the Kings make an effort to resign Lawson. He's been more than I hoped for when we signed him. His ability to score has improved almost to where he was at Denver, and yet, he's a very good playmaker. He's not Rondo, but in some ways, he's more effective overall than Rondo. On average, the team seemingly gets better when he comes on the floor. I've also been impressed with his effort on defense. Unlike Collison, he seldom takes a play off.

Its all about right price. The problem for Ty I think at this point is he will continue to be followed by his past and anyGM including Vlade will look at him as high risk inthe sense that yes this year he has turned himself around, what preventa him from relapsing? Especially after signing a multi year deal when playing for this type of deal might be the biggest motivator to him....once he signs it will he still have the same drive?
I think he earned it with his play, and deserves the benefit of the doubt. Obviously they're not going to sign a bloated deal for him, but they ought to negotiate it and give some him some reward and 'propers'.

While both Lawson and Collison are unrestricted freeagents at seasons end, I hope the Kings make an effort to resign Lawson. He's been more than I hoped for when we signed him. His ability to score has improved almost to where he was at Denver, and yet, he's a very good playmaker. He's not Rondo, but in some ways, he's more effective overall than Rondo. On average, the team seemingly gets better when he comes on the floor. I've also been impressed with his effort on defense. Unlike Collison, he seldom takes a play off.
He's reminds me of Bobby Jackson off the bench.