Trade idea w/ Bucks

Let me start off by saying I'm a BIG Tyreke Evans fan. I'm wearing his jersey right now. However I know what this teams priorities are and it's to get better NOW. I'm no trade expert, I don't have enough free time to be one.
Trade idea w/ Milwaukee,
Kings out: Evans, Thompson
Kings In: Ersan Ilyasova, John Henson

Why is this good for Sacramento? The Kings get taller and longer with Henson next to Cousins and Ilyasova on the wing. Cousins also takes a ton of pressure off of Henson and allows him to focus on what he's good at, running around all willy nilly blocking shots. Cousins and Henson would be covering each others flaws and we would have twin towers. Ilyasova fills our long standing void at the small forward spot giving us a tall, long 3 point shooting threat with solid basic fundamentals. There's good reason to believe that a projected starting lineup of Thomas/Thornton/Ilyasova/Henson/Cousins could have a lot of success, especially if coach focuses on defense. On offense this team is very mobile and can run and gun or slow down and play half court offense. I think the end result is the Kings get better. If the coach can put the pieces together this roster makes the playoffs. Also, there's no big contract to have to worry about giving to Tyreke.
Why is it bad for Sacramento? The Kings have to make a major sacrifice in giving up Tyreke and Thompson. Against most teams, Tyreke can be the best player on the court. He's truly a two way player. He also looks like he's FINALLY developing a 3pt shot and that makes us feel sick about trading him. Thompson is the versatile big man role player that you can plug in next to any front court player.

Why is this good for Milwaukee? They've got 3 shot blockers, they'd simply be giving up the worst player of the 3 and replacing him with a big that has more game. They're also replacing a good player in Ilyasova with a VERY good player in Evans. The Bucks add a player that can take over stretches of the game. They no longer have to be as concerned about losing Ellis and/or Jennings as they currently are. They become better defensively. They give up on one of their shot blockers but they still have Larry Sanders.

Why is this bad for the Bucks? They lose some shooting ability and they give up on a physically gifted, young big man. They now have a void to fill at the 3 spot. Other than that.....

Discuss.

I don't think Milwaukee would do it. When rumors came up about them trading Ilyasova for the #3 pick, sources said the owner wouldn't let him go. Plus they are suppose to be very high on Henson.

Is Ilyasova really an SF though? 82games says that he played PF next to Dunleavy, MbahaMoute, or Marquis Daniels. I'm not convinced, so I wouldn't do this trade.

I'm not in favor of a Cousins-Ilyasova front court for shot blocking reasons.

Last edited:
Is Ilyasova really an SF though? 82games says that he played PF next to Dunleavy, MbahaMoute, or Marquis Daniels. I'm not convinced, so I wouldn't do this trade.

Yeah, Illyasova is a SF no more than PPatterson is.

And as nice a piece he is, I can't believe the trade is him alone for the 3 pick. Reke is a free agent, and the only way I would consider Illyasova and Henson a great return is if Evans signs a crazy deal and that sign and trade is better than nothing.

No no, it's HENSON next to Cousins. For obvious shot blocking reasons. I would say Ilyasova is as much of a SF as Galinari is.

K

KingMilz

No no, it's HENSON next to Cousins. For obvious shot blocking reasons. I would say Ilyasova is as much of a SF as Galinari is.
Gallo has played his whole life @SF even before he came to the NBA and has a skillset to play SF, Ilyasova is in no way shape or form a SF, he's a PF he's not capable of playing SF in the NBA. We are better off just starting Patterson than trading for Ilyasova tbh.

a good way to get better NOW is getting rid of the le chuckeres and putting the ball in reke's hands.

with this trade you didn't address that.

we get to start
cousins
henson (dude weighs like 200 lbs btw will get manhandled down in the post)
illysova
thornton/salmons
IT? jimmer? douglas?

2nd unit
hayes
ppat
outlaw
IT/jimmer
IT/jimmer/douglas

rollin out an all undersized 2nd unit