Trade deadline approaching for Kings

If Bobby Marks was on this site he would get muted by most....:......I happen to agree with him.
Do not see why do you think that.
I do not agree with you most of the time, but he is stating the obvious so I also agree with him.
With roster the way it is, fighting for the playoff AND giving more role to Malachi/WCS and maybe Skal down the road is already happening.

There are at least 2 guys in Denver that wants to be traded and I feel they'll fit into the roster nicely. That Nurkic and Chandler.

So how about try and let Malone and Gru to get their previous personnel in exchange.

Chandler/Nurkic/Nelson for DC/KK/Ben

C - DC/Nurkic/Papa
PF - WCS/Tolliver/Skal
SF - Chandler/Casspi/Gay (x)
SG - Affalo/Malachi/ Temple (x)
PG - Lawson/Nelson

That line-up could give one final kick for that 7th - 8th seed spot.

There are at least 2 guys in Denver that wants to be traded and I feel they'll fit into the roster nicely. That Nurkic and Chandler.

So how about try and let Malone and Gru to get their previous personnel in exchange.

C - DC/Nurkic/Papa
PF - WCS/Tolliver/Skal
PG - Lawson/Nelson

Why would Denver do this trade though? We have to think of it from their perspective too.

C - DC / Nurkic / Papa
PF - WCS/Tolliver/Skal
PG - Lawson/Nelson

If Cousins is still here we will have basically the same record and posters will be saying how we need more help for Cousins. Just like every year.

Why would Denver do this trade though? We have to think of it from their perspective too.
Expirings of DC and Ben. KK had a good run in Denver and Gru got KK for Karl. Maybe Gru knows some stats for and still salivating for KK efficiency. ;)
DC is good vet for Mudiay too.

And Ben is Malone's first rookie as a coach, you can try and use that "prove you get Ben right and they just don't know how to use him." line.

In all seriosness, this is flexibility for Denver and locker room peace kind of offer.

If Cousins is still here we will have basically the same record and posters will be saying how we need more help for Cousins. Just like every year.
Well Garnett, Love, and maybe the best example is Abdur Rahim are all studs that never made the playoff until they were traded. But they just happen to be in teams with very few talents and FO smartness. You can't say they are the cancer to their team and the reason they never made it to playoffs. It's nice to know some history of players before really putting all the blame on DMC.

K

KingMilz

Well Garnett, Love, and maybe the best example is Abdur Rahim are all studs that never made the playoff until they were traded. But they just happen to be in teams with very few talents and FO smartness. You can't say they are the cancer to their team and the reason they never made it to playoffs. It's nice to know some history of players before really putting all the blame on DMC.
Garnett made the playoffs like 8 straight times before he was traded

Also Troy Williams got cut by Memphis he's a ultra athletic SG who showed very decent glimpses when he was starting on the Grizz although I very much doubt Vlade picks him up but he should.

I have a sneaky suspicion that Bledsoe might be available. Think about it. This is a PG heavy draft and Phoenix looks destined for a top 3 pick. They are likely to draft a PG and are clearly in a youth movement mode. Keeping Bledsoe long term does not make much sense for them but I am not sure we have the assets to get him. Even if we are talking WCS and/or Richardson those are two positions Phoenix have invested heavily in but jeez I would love to pait Boogie with Bledsoe.

I know this is going to be very unpopular and people will be very perturbed ....but if the the Kings could swing Booker, Len, PHX 1st and MIAs 1sts , for Cuz...that's about the only somewhat fair value in terms of rebuilding with getting legit young talent+decent young talent coupled with picks .

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
I know this is going to be very unpopular and people will be very perturbed ....but if the the Kings could swing Booker, Len, PHX 1st and MIAs 1sts , for Cuz...that's about the only somewhat fair value in terms of rebuilding with getting legit young talent+decent young talent coupled with picks .
I sure hope you're talking about a different Len than the one I saw tonight. Let's not go crazy in our hour of despair.

K

KingMilz

And watch him win Championships elsewhere..............

I sure hope you're talking about a different Len than the one I saw tonight. Let's not go crazy in our hour of despair.
Ha. But Len isn't really the the centerpiece of the deal...Booker and the picks would be. But I'm all for subbing out Len for someone else :)...but in reality I don't want to trade Cuz at all, just thinking of a possible "fair" deal that would allow them to sufficiently rebuild

Ha. But Len isn't really the the centerpiece of the deal...Booker and the picks would be. But I'm all for subbing out Len for someone else :)...but in reality I don't want to trade Cuz at all, just thinking of a possible "fair" deal that would allow them to sufficiently rebuild
Phoenix is not trading Booker. Period.

bajaden

Hall of Famer
Two things I don't like, well three actually if you add in that I prefer not to trade Cuz, but that aside, I'm not a fan of Len. I'd rather have Koufos as my starting center over Len. Secondly, if I'm going to trade Cuz, it's going to be to an Eastern Conference team. Not to a team that I have to play four times a year, and the last thing I want to do is have to beat a Cousins led team to win the Western Conference. The only way I want to go up against Cousins in the playoffs, is for the NBA championship. You gotta think long term...:rolleyes:

Outside of Cousins we have no assets...this will be a quiet deadline
Not necessarily true. I think KK and Collison could have some value for playoff teams with needs.

I can see the Clippers, with Paul constantly hurt, trading a pick for Collison.

KK could also go to a team like Houston for something, hopefully a pick or Dekker.

Dude, the Suns wouldn't even trade Booker straight up for Cousins. I'd do the trade, but they wouldn't.