Torn achilles tendon ends Yo's season

I was going to put this in the "threads that doesn't fit anywhere" thread, but since Yo is an iconic figure in the Monarchs' legacy --- even if she is not with the Monarchs anymore --- I felt that it deserved to be here.

And it's official, taken from the Indy Fever's website:

http://www.wnba.com/fever/news/griffith_090610.html

Best wishes to Yo and a speedy recovery. But it's a shame that her career might end this way. Personally, I think she should've retired as a Monarch after the '07 season. But it was her decision to keep playing in '08, which is why she signed with Seattle that year.

I wish Yo a speedy recovery. I, too, wish she had retired a Monarch, but some players don't know when to quit. They'll play until their body quits for them.

6th

Homer Fan Since 1985
I wish Yo a speedy recovery. I, too, wish she had retired a Monarch, but some players don't know when to quit. They'll play until their body quits for them.

Sounds like hers has done just that. That would be a touch injury to recuperate from. I hate that she is "retiring" this way.

Best of luck, Yo, in your rehab and in your post basketball playing days. In my mind, you are still the best.