Time to start Darren Collison!

Larry89

Disgruntled Kings Fan
It wouldnt be so bad if Jordan Farmar was our starting guard, but starting PG at this point is such a glaring hole that we may need to start collison instead of bringing off the bench. The only reason I could think of for keeping Ty and cutting farmar was keeping two guards that could give a change of pace and structure to the offense..

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
I concur. It was only a matter of time before Darren was thrown into the starting unit anyway, Joerger didn't want to throw him out there right away until he got back into game shape for a game or two. Have Ty come off the bench and try to penetrate and kick or look to score a little more.

For kicks I was just reading a Celtics fan board. There was a thread about the Kings wanting to trade WCS with many fans weighting in.
Rozier for Willi appears like somthing many of them would like to do, some even mention throwing in a pick to sweeten the deal.
I bring up Rozier lots because we wouldn't have to give up Gay, who is playing well to get him. If our goal is to make the playoffs and lose our 2017 pick, a draft loaded with PG's then I think Rozier is a good target. We still might not make the playoffs but hes a nice young player.
Anyways, Ill take Collision and Rozier over Ty and Farmer.

Willie for Rozier isnt a good trade. Rozier is a decent young player, but Willie is a big able to do all the things teams want out of their big man. his potential is still great although Rozier is further on in his development.
Rozier and a higher first round pick sounds more reasonable.
I still hate to give up on another draft pick.

Willie for Rozier isnt a good trade. Rozier is a decent young player, but Willie is a big able to do all the things teams want out of their big man. his potential is still great although Rozier is further on in his development.
Rozier and a higher first round pick sounds more reasonable.
I still hate to give up on another draft pick.
Aside from rebounding, scoring or defending stretch bigs or power bigs.

Aside from rebounding, scoring or defending stretch bigs or power bigs.
What are his problems from your point of view?
Strength? Unlikely. The time of the big bullys is over.
Mobility? Willie is about as mobile as possible.
Skill? Yep, but most bigs are simply Lob targets anyway, so his lack of skill doesn't hurt too much.

Basically the problem seems to be in between his ears. He isnt aggressive enough and is still prone to make mistakes. Nothing a good Coach cant fix over time.

For kicks I was just reading a Celtics fan board. There was a thread about the Kings wanting to trade WCS with many fans weighting in.
Rozier for Willi appears like somthing many of them would like to do, some even mention throwing in a pick to sweeten the deal.
I bring up Rozier lots because we wouldn't have to give up Gay, who is playing well to get him. If our goal is to make the playoffs and lose our 2017 pick, a draft loaded with PG's then I think Rozier is a good target. We still might not make the playoffs but hes a nice young player.
Anyways, Ill take Collision and Rozier over Ty and Farmer.
Easily do that trade and let Skal take 12-16 min that WCS played.

Lawson struggles running the offense. He really is not a shooter and when he makes it near the basket he is not a finisher either. He can handle and play some defense, but the Kings offense needs help. Collison will probably be the starter soon enough. Farmar seems like he is just not quick enough to compete with a lot of NBA pgs.

Lawson has done a fair job considering the cost vs value. His defense is alright and he has made a few nifty steals if the other team gets sloppy on the in bounds pass after a made basket. He is not shooting well or scoring around the hoop as mentioned. I am surprised Ty does not have more of a mid range game. Anyhow The Kings were lucky to sign Lawson to get through this rough 8 game stretch with not Collison.

I agree with those of you saying Collison is ready to start.

Of course it's time to start Darren. It's also time to dump Lawson and bring back Farmar, or a Norris Cole who I think is still FA.
It's time to do something because I'm personally running out of patience.

Would be interested to experiment a little to use the move of Ty to the bench lineup as a way to shake up the offensive system a bit as well. Seeing as we have a bench full of guys who performed better in Karl's dribble drive system (Casspi and WCS), we could use the bench as a change of pace spark.

Let's get a starting point guard that can make a basket and spread the floor starting with DMC!

To be honest, Jordan Farmar would probably a better player than Lawson right now!

Come on coach, let's make that change before it's too late! Start D.C. NOW!

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
Joerger answered somewhat in the affirmative about possible lineup changes, but didn't sound eager. Given some of our dismal starts I'm not 100% sure why. I would imagine he likes DC's scoring pop off the bench, but I think there is just as good of an argument that Ty could be unleashed to play more of his game alongside rim runners like Ben and Willie, and Darren's shooting and extra offensive threat could help maintain space for the starters.