Time for Pedja to have a big game? (split)

HndsmCelt

Hall of Famer
Jasna, I hope you get to see our boy rack up 20+ points tonight, but based on his performance so far set your sights a little lower to avoid disapointment. Personaly I'll be glad if Pedja knocks down 15 points gets a few boards and looks sharp,and of course if the Kings win.

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
HndsmCelt said:
Jasna, I hope you get to see our boy rack up 20+ points tonight, but based on his performance so far set your sights a little lower to avoid disapointment. Personaly I'll be glad if Pedja knocks down 15 points gets a few boards and looks sharp,and of course if the Kings win.
I think people are a little too down on Peja at the moment -- only really had one unusually bad game (Dallas). And then one of his normal games vs. Bowen. But I do seem to recall JJ causing him some problems last year as well. So he might start out the season 0-3, but really only the Dallas game will have been a true surprise.

piksi

Hall of Famer
Kingd really need to win this game. It is much more important than Pedja having a great night with an other L.

HndsmCelt

Hall of Famer
Hey I am not down on Pedja, really I love the guy. But it's not like he has looked that great during preseason or in the first 2 games for what ever reson. As I have said in other posts the two things I honeslty do NOT worry about are Bibby getting back n a groove and Pedja not hitting. Sure I have larger concrens about the play offs and I see areas where he could improve his over all game but I do not worry that Pedja will not be his old self again, no doubt he will. Hopefully it will be tonight.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Kingd really need to win this game...
I don't think the simple W is all that matters. As good as the Western Division is now, I think it may be a case of road wins becoming few and far between when the elite teams meet.

Houston is playing us on the second game of a back-to-back. If we win, I'll be happy, of course, but I'm much more interested in seeing how the players do - and if they're improving and getting the kinks out.

HndsmCelt

Hall of Famer
VF21 said:
I don't think the simple W is all that matters. As good as the Western Division is now, I think it may be a case of road wins becoming few and far between when the elite teams meet.

Houston is playing us on the second game of a back-to-back. If we win, I'll be happy, of course, but I'm much more interested in seeing how the players do - and if they're improving and getting the kinks out.
At this point I'd gladly settle for an ugly win.

serbo turbo LOL! i love that :)

i would love to see pedja have a good game, but first and foremost, i want a win. peja having a good game would be a bonus

GO KINGS!!!!! BEAT THE ROCKETTES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am not down on Pedja and I am sure that he is going to have one of his normal games..REAL soon!! The whole team isn't exactly playing the way we are used to seeing them...... so I am not about to blame just one guy for the bad start of the season. Keeping fingers crossed for our first "W" tonight and really looking forward to the home opened next week (also first game I get to see on TV this season!!!)

GO KINGS!

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Don't get me wrong. I would love to see a win. But, even more, I want to see indications of the team coming together. An ugly win over a team playing its 4th game in 5 nights won't mean much in the long run if it ends up being the best the team can do.

:(

6th

Homer Fan Since 1985
TheSerbianQueen said:
I am not down on Pedja and I am sure that he is going to have one of his normal games..REAL soon!! The whole team isn't exactly playing the way we are used to seeing them...... so I am not about to blame just one guy for the bad start of the season. Keeping fingers crossed for our first "W" tonight and really looking forward to the home opened next week (also first game I get to see on TV this season!!!)

GO KINGS!
I, for one, am certainly not blaming Pedja for our first 2 losses. However, I firmly believe that if Pedja gets on track (in every aspect of his game) then the Kings will have a much better chance of being victorious.

At this point I think it's safe to assume that ONE GOOD GAME for Peja could mean a helluva lot to Kings. If he gets his shots to fall - increasing defense on the other end (that's always a given) - others will follow defensive suit. He just needs a season breakout game.