This one's a dandy!!!

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/1...njured-hand-fight-member-team-equipment-staff

"According to the sources, Griffin and the equipment staffer got into an argument in a restaurant during the team's trip to Toronto. Griffin hit the man, who then left the restaurant and went outside. Griffin followed him outside and hit him again.

Griffin suffered a suspected fracture in his hand in the incident, sources told ESPN's Marc Stein and Ramona Shelburne early Tuesday morning."

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
That is hilarious. I remember Stoudemire punching the glass for the fire extinguisher and hurting his hand. One less opponent the Warriors/Spurs have to worry about in the West. Not that they were favored to win anyway but that LA team is 2nd round potential.

Can you all just dare to imagine for a minute what would happen to Cousins if he had done this?

People would be calling for a season long suspension, AND BE SERIOUS ABOUT IT.

Capt. Factorial

trifolium contra tempestatem subrigere certum est
Staff member
The appropriate response here is to suspend Griffin for the rest of the year without pay. Lets see what precedent the league decides to set.
Is that really in line with other fistfight suspensions? I'm just trying to put together a feel for what people got.

There haven't been a ton of rest-of-season suspensions.

Artest got one for "Malice at the Palace"
Sprewell got one for choking Carlesimo
Arenas and Crittenton got it for gunplay in the locker room
Kermit Washington got it for his attack on Rudy T.

I don't think anybody else has gotten that big of a penalty for violence - if you want to look at violence against non-fan team/NBA-related people:

Rodman kicked a cameraman in the lower abdominal area and got 11 games.
Van Exel shoved a ref and got 7 games.
Sheed threatened a ref after a game and got 7 games.
Rodman headbutted a ref and got 6 games.

So only the Sprewell suspension gives much hope for a rest-of-season suspension. But I suspect that 10 games is probably more likely.