The Official Draft Day thread

Sucks I have to work but I have a great feeling about the draft. I'm really hoping for Fox at five and am open to several different players at the 10th pick depending on how 6-9 plays out.

@DraftExpress
Teams to keep an eye on potentially trying to move into the 10-14 range tonight:: LA Lakers, Atlanta, Brooklyn, Milwaukee, Portland, Houston

2:35 PM - 22 Jun 2017
If the kings are looking for a long-term rebuild I would honestly be willing to trade the number 10 this year for a 2019 unprotected pick. 2019 is supposed to be a great draft like this one is and plus we have a ton of young players already and by the 2019 draft we should know who works and who doesn't from Willie and last year's class

I don't feel the need to quote a specific tweet but everybody right now is talking about the Spurs trying to move LaMarcus Aldridge to get high up in the lottery.

If the kings are looking for a long-term rebuild I would honestly be willing to trade the number 10 this year for a 2019 unprotected pick. 2019 is supposed to be a great draft like this one is and plus we have a ton of young players already and by the 2019 draft we should know who works and who doesn't from Willie and last year's class
Not sure about the overall depth of that 2019 draft class. It's gonna be loaded withforwards though, there should be at least 2 elite level C prospects and there's one of the best SG prospects I've ever seenin that class.

#10 is a nice spot to hold, it's got plenty of bargaining power, many think there's a dropoff at around 12 or 13 as far as tiers of talent are concerned. They could probably extract even more than a 2019 draft pick for it.

More reports are starting to come out about the potential trade for the Unicorn. The more I read and dig the more I believe this is a smokescreen unless some team is going to dump its future.

I say that because reports are coming in that New York turned down two lottery picks in this draft, Jaylen Brown, and Jae Crowder for KP.

Further digging in that report shows that New York retorted that they want both Brooklyn draft picks that the Celtics hold, Jaylen Brown, and Jae Crowder for KP. To me that doesn't sound that different except the thought that the next potentially want to top fives in separate drafts Jaylen Brown and Jae Crowder.

More reports are starting to come out about the potential trade for the Unicorn. The more I read and dig the more I believe this is a smokescreen unless some team is going to dump its future.

I say that because reports are coming in that New York turned down two lottery picks in this draft, Jaylen Brown, and Jae Crowder for KP.

Further digging in that report shows that New York retorted that they want both Brooklyn draft picks that the Celtics hold, Jaylen Brown, and Jae Crowder for KP. To me that doesn't sound that different except the thought that the next potentially want to top fives in separate drafts Jaylen Brown and Jae Crowder.
Seems like they're just blowing smoke. If KP gets traded though I doubt it affects Fox's draft position,their target seems to be Josh Jackson.

Here's hoping no trades occur that screw the Kings out of De'Aaron Fox :cool:

I keep hearing a bunch of talk about the Celtics trading some combo of #3, Jaylen Brown, Crowder and a 2019 1st rounder for Porzingis. Supposedly, the Knicks are targeting Josh Jackson with the #3, but who knows with Phil Jackson. He could take Fox because he likes his quickness and speed in the triangle. Let's hope not.

Not sure about the overall depth of that 2019 draft class. It's gonna be loaded withforwards though, there should be at least 2 elite level C prospects and there's one of the best SG prospects I've ever seenin that class.

#10 is a nice spot to hold, it's got plenty of bargaining power, many think there's a dropoff at around 12 or 13 as far as tiers of talent are concerned. They could probably extract even more than a 2019 draft pick for it.
I believe that is a fair point. My main thought it was simply getting new young players over a span of five years (Willie, last year's crop, this year's crop, 2018's crop, and then that 2019 pick). The more I think about it though the more I would rather have Willie, last year's, and this year's players as opposed to trading one of this year's to get a 2019 because I truly believe there is at least one future all-star on this team and this year we could gain another.

I want the Kings to be careful and not turn into the Celtics because even though they have a crap ton of assets they never seemed eager to pull the trigger and put them to use. At the same time I want to be careful to not get impatient and rush through a proper rebuild. However if a team is drafting in the lottery for three consecutive years after dumping Boogie it would prove to be a failed rebuild. I truly hope that the lost 2019 pick will be irrelevant when the time comes.

The beautiful thing about draft day is that all 30 teams believe they have a chance to create a championship contender at some point in the future or the present. Let's hope the Kings chances are more than just a pipe dream

HndsmCelt

Hall of Famer
I don't feel the need to quote a specific tweet but everybody right now is talking about the Spurs trying to move LaMarcus Aldridge to get high up in the lottery.
Well I would be interested but not for the 5 spot after his playoff performance.

Last edited:
It would be nice to get a 2019 pick, but if we do trade #10, it should be for a trade down, i.e. Portland's #15 and a 2019 1st round pick for our #10 pick this year.

That way, we still have 2 1st rounders this year.:)

Capt. Factorial

trifolium contra tempestatem subrigere certum est
Staff member
Looks like the Blazers must be trying to package their picks to move up:

https://twitter.com/Mitch_Lawrence/status/877981214216466432

Blazers want to acquire lottery pick, as Damian Lillard told team execs he wants/needs better players in his supporting cast, per sources.
I say that they must be looking at packing their picks, because their assets that could potentially land a lottery pick are Damian Lillard, C.J. McCollum, and Jack Squat, and they aren't trading either of the first two.

Looks like the Blazers must be trying to package their picks to move up:

https://twitter.com/Mitch_Lawrence/status/877981214216466432

I say that they must be looking at packing their picks, because their assets that could potentially land a lottery pick are Damian Lillard, C.J. McCollum, and Jack Squat, and they aren't trading either of the first two.
I would trade our #10 for Portland's 15, 20, and 26! ;)

I may even consider including the #34, if need be, maybe.