The Official Draft Day Prediction Thread

Okay everyone. We are one day away from the draft!

Let's get everyone's PREDICTIONS on who the Kings WILL draft at #5, #10, and #34. You can include trades prediction too.

Here is my predictions:

5) PG- De'Aaron Fox

10) PF/C - Zach Collins

34) SF- Dillon Brooks

Last edited:
How is this any different from the 20 other mock drafts we have going on? ;)
I am trying to get everyones predictions of who we will draft tomorrow.

The other threads are talking about what other mock drafts are predicting or who we want to draft.

This way we can see who can guess right on the actual players we draft tomorrow. :)

We can see after the draft if anyone was able to correctly predict all the players we drafted or draft day trades. :)

Last edited:
Kings trade #5 + #34 + future second rounder for #3 and select Fox. Then Collins at #10 and its a wrap.

The trade isn't because we think Celts will take Fox but because we're afraid someone else will trade into the slot. Similar to Trubisky trade (buzz is the Celts want Isaac and he'll be there at 5 so it's great for them).

5) ismael Bako. c Belgium....similar to last year, vlade surprises with another international center no one has heard of.

10) Eric stuteville c sac state...because he wanted to stay in Sacramento and came in for several workouts

34) trade for cash.

5 - cash considerations
10 - big name college player with no real shot at making the NBA
34 - future 2nd round pick (31-59 protected until 2037 when it becomes cash considerations)

In all seriousness I do believe Vlade makes a move in some way to get either an additional first round pick next year or a first-round pick in 2019.

With that said I think 5 is untouchable and will be De'Aaron Fox if he falls to 5. If Fox is not available at that pick then I could see Vlade taking a stab at Smith.

If Vlade does not package the 10th pick to get multiple first rounders or a future first then I see him taking someone like Zach Collins or one of the high potential European players that many would take in the twenties. Through two drafts Vlade has seemed like the kind that will take his player and go home happy regardless of where mock drafts have them.

Irregardless, Divac will take at least one point guard with either the 5 or the 10 and with the cap space we have will chase hard after Bogdan and Milos. I could see Vlade Divac happy with Milos training up the next generation of guards.

34 is a little tougher to gauge but I think that would be part of the package to obtain a future first. I can see a package of Malachi Richardson, the 34, and a massive trade exception or eating a contract to a team like Cleveland who can utilize the trade exception because of our cap space to help bring in someone like PG-13 to their team. @Capt. Factorial or someone may have to educate me on how the trade exceptions work but in some way I could see us using our cap space and the 34 to our advantage to gain a future first from a team who would have a low first round pick anyway

Fox/Collins seems to be the most realistic. Organization and most fans seem high on Fox, and I think he will be there. I'm holding out hope Collins makes it to 10 given the lack of center need of the teams picking before us, if he is I think the organization likes him as well.