The Last Summer Scoop from nba.com/kings/

Bricklayer said:
Hard to imagine -- Glen Rice has appeared well and truly done for years now. Just a name now. Maybe Adelman would feel more comfortable with a name. But when said name averaged 3.7 ppg last year on 29% shooting, is 37 years old and has ruined knees, I have my doubts.
But, you left out the fact that he shot a blistering 18% from beyond the arc!

SLAB

Hall of Famer
A rare, good moment of anticipation during TDOS. I love it.

But, I just have no clue who it could be. Those are the only names to me.

Glen Rice?- As everyone said, he is through.

Stromile Swift?- We have no money. Plus he's restricted.

Those are the only notable names that I can think of. But you never know, Petrie might pull another "Jim Jackson" out of his hat.

Karl Malone???

The Jazz have always had a hint of teal in their uni's.

Also, if it's Glen Rice I will send an e-mail to both Joe and Gavin telling them what a wasted roster spot that is. I didn't even realize he was still in the league.

Ryle said:
Karl Malone???

Also, if it's Glen Rice I will send an e-mail to both Joe and Gavin telling them what a wasted roster spot that is. I didn't even realize he was still in the league.
would be a 'what the heck' kind of move, with Rice, but hey, I cant figure out who the heck it could be.

Ryle said:
Karl Malone???

Malone would be great if he has recovered well from his injury. But teal in their uniform???

I have another nominee for the "teal" clue.

SG Kendall Gill, unrestricted free agent from the Chicago Bulls. He started his career with the Hornets. Gill put up decent numbers last year. Go check out his profile on NBA.com. He seems like a logical veteran replacement for Peeler.

Any thoughts?

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
Eddie_the_Eagle said:
I have another nominee for the "teal" clue.

SG Kendall Gill, unrestricted free agent from the Chicago Bulls. He started his career with the Hornets. Gill put up decent numbers last year. Go check out his profile on NBA.com. He seems like a logical veteran replacement for Peeler.

Any thoughts?
Older than dirt and injury prone, but would not be a bad 5th guard with backup SF capabilities. Cannot shoot at all anymore, but still brings defense.

But at a certain point here if we're going to include everyone who has ever worn Charlotte/N.O. uniform at any point in their careers as possibilities, we're going to have half the league as possibles. Hey....maybe its Mugsy! Zo? LJ??? ;)

B

buddahead_916

" Running on fumes, bad toes and a great deal of wishful thinking: Dennis Rodman. The former NBA rebounding champion hopes to receive another workout with the Denver Nuggets after pulling himself out of a scrimmage last week because of ingrown nails on his two big toes, according to his agent, Darren Prince. Two other NBA teams have expressed interest in the 43-year-old Rodman, Prince said, declining to name them."

This was in the SacBee yesterday (christie's injury story). They say he's trying out in Denver (teal), but two other teams are interested. Could it ?????? The pieces fit, he's a very recognizable face, he'll play for the minimum , the only question is is denver's uniform really teal? All I got to say is if Rodman can rebound half as good as he used to, sign him up!!!

No Rodman please.

Anyway, I e-mailed "the scoop" and here is the response:

"Lol...it should be announced tomorrow...Just be patient-it's not a huge
move"

Tomorrow meaning today so we should know something soon.

Bricklayer said:
Older than dirt and injury prone, but would not be a bad 5th guard with backup SF capabilities. Cannot shoot at all anymore, but still brings defense.

But at a certain point here if we're going to include everyone who has ever worn Charlotte/N.O. uniform at any point in their careers as possibilities, we're going to have half the league as possibles. Hey....maybe its Mugsy! Zo? LJ??? ;)
Yeah, here's another 'what the heck' kinda guy. But the logic is there, teal. I dunno...gotta be either him or Rice. Even though they wont play more than 5 minutes all damn year.

HMMmm.... we don't need a PG.....we don't need a SG....we might need SF, PF, and C.

My guess...........Glen Rice ( too old), Karl Malone (hh...interesting), Dennis Rodman (hh... hard one...hmmmm....umm...wierd)

I say Anthony Mason...hahahha

It has to be a 4/5 player. We already have 5 players to man the 2/3 spot and 3 that can play the point(I included Minard in this because I'm pretty sure that's where the Kings want him to play). We have 4 players to play the 4/5 spot and with the injury histories of Webb and Miller we will need a vet who can come in and play if need be behind Ostertag and Songaila.

Ryle said:
No Rodman please.

Anyway, I e-mailed "the scoop" and here is the response:

"Lol...it should be announced tomorrow...Just be patient-it's not a huge
move"

Tomorrow meaning today so we should know something soon.
::waiting::

After 11 am is when they usually announce things:cool:

The more I think about this the more I think it's Courtney Alexander. Really good scorer who blew out his Achilles tendon last October. Bad injury but heals really well and usually not a problem again. Kings like scorers and although he is restricted it may cost the Kings a 2nd round pick or something. Who knows.

In 2000-01 with the Wizards, Alexander averaged 19.6ppg on 48.7% shooting (38% from three) in 19 starts at small forward.

The next year he started 26 games at guard and put up 14.3ppg on 50% shooting (42% from three).

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
If they say "it's not a big move," then - regardless of the "teal" reference, I'm thinking we'll see Jabari back on the roster.

buddahead_916 said:
" Running on fumes, bad toes and a great deal of wishful thinking: Dennis Rodman. The former NBA rebounding champion hopes to receive another workout with the Denver Nuggets after pulling himself out of a scrimmage last week because of ingrown nails on his two big toes, according to his agent, Darren Prince. Two other NBA teams have expressed interest in the 43-year-old Rodman, Prince said, declining to name them."

This was in the SacBee yesterday (christie's injury story). They say he's trying out in Denver (teal), but two other teams are interested. Could it ?????? The pieces fit, he's a very recognizable face, he'll play for the minimum , the only question is is denver's uniform really teal? All I got to say is if Rodman can rebound half as good as he used to, sign him up!!!
Not a bad guess... But it might be a bad idea...