The Kings unveiled their new Nike jerseys

Discussion in 'Kings Rap' started by Merdiesel, Jul 18, 2017.

1. The Hammer

The Hammer Well-Known Member

Won't ever happen as it immediately stigmatizes Blue Diamond jerseys as cheap and diminishes the value of the branding dollar Blue Diamond spent. Keep in mind, Blue Diamond is a customer of the Kings, too.

What'll happen I think is an increased market for older, classic jerseys with no advertising.
  2. The Hammer

People are missing this point. Blue Diamond smokehouse almonds are freaking delicious.

Advertising on jerseys is going to be MASSIVELY successful. Buying Blue Diamond Almonds will be like supporting your team... because it is. It's the same reason many brands align with being patriotic.

And for that reason, this is going to continue in the future. Won't ever be like Euro soccer but there will be more patches allowed, larger, etc.

I expect at least a 10% jump in sales, minimum, just from this campaign alone.
    Last edited: Aug 1, 2017
    Spike and Tetsujin like this.
  3. Chupacabra

Chupacabra Well-Known Member

No, sea salt and vinegar is bae.
  4. Larry89

Larry89 Disgruntled Kings Fan

Blue Diamond almonds are delicious, they should make the players hand out bags of them before games.
  5. Fear the Putin

Fear the Putin Well-Known Member

And they're healthy for you too. Not so much the salt, but still healthy
    NewArena, Tetsujin and VF21 like this.
  6. Vladizzle

Vladizzle Member

Was hoping that purple was indeed lighter? Always thought Toronto was dumb for getting rid of that purple for red.. Like that lighter shade.

So the advertisement thing is really happening then? Kind of lame, looks like NBA players wearing retail mock jerseys
  7. Ozymandias

Ozymandias Well-Known Member

The white shorts look great.

The Chocolate almonds are delicious btw.
  8. chasen4r1

chasen4r1 Well-Known Member

Yes, except the SAC alternates are now going to be the primary roads. Looks like the only uniform not coming back is the purple Kings uniform from last year. The black alternate and the baby blue throwback will both be introduced at a later time.
  9. Tetsujin

Tetsujin The Game Thread Dude

There was a tweet going around yesterday that the baby blues could wind up being a different color variant of our regular jersey scheme rather than throwbacks. It would be interesting if true.

As long as the black "Sacramento" jerseys come back, I'm happy.
    Kingsroots, Warhawk and VF21 like this.
  10. The Hammer

I fite u!!
  11. upinsmoke

upinsmoke Well-Known Member

It would also be long overdue and bad ass.
    SLAB likes this.
  12. chasen4r1

chasen4r1 Well-Known Member

Ooh thats interesting.. I'd be interested in a baby blue version of our regular jersey scheme. Though.. I love that cursive Kings logo so much, it's hard to beat. Do you happen to have a link to that tweet?
  13. Suicide King

Suicide King Well-Known Member

14. ESP47

ESP47 Well-Known Member

The first one and the gray lion one are way better than anything the Kings have ran out there for years.
  15. Sac.1989

Sac.1989 Well-Known Member

Nothing beats the old champion jerseys but Nike is a welcome sight for me personally.

Don't mind the blue diamond inclusion, we all knew this day was coming and i'm just glad its a sac native icon.
    King Baller likes this.
  16. Sac.1989

Sac.1989 Well-Known Member

just finished my 6 oz tin for the week.

noticed the verbage on the packaging:

'scientific evidence suggests, but does not prove, that eating 1.5 ounces per day of most nuts, such as almonds, as part of a diet low in saturated fat and cholesterol may reduce the risk of heart disease.'

definitely a pillar in a healthy lifestyle i think and only a matter of time until science nails the proof
  17. Jkbiker

Jkbiker Well-Known Member

Wow.. Milwaukee Bucks get very cool Harley Davidson Bar and Shield Patch lucky bastards!! Kings we get Nuts .... Kangz!
    Harley.jpg
    Last edited: Aug 10, 2017
  18. VF21

VF21 #KingsFansForever Staff Member Contributor

At least it's not Depends. ;)
  19. NewArena

NewArena Well-Known Member

I need a uniform with KANGZ on it one good time