The Kings unveiled their new Nike jerseys

Discussion in 'Kings Rap' started by Merdiesel, Jul 18, 2017.

1. Merdiesel

Merdiesel Well-Known Member

2. rings4Kings

rings4Kings Active Member

I think they're good looking uniforms, much better color combo then last year's, but I'm just not a fan of the NBA turning into NASCAR by allowing advertisements.
    Vladizzle and MizzouKing like this.
  3. chasen4r1

chasen4r1 Well-Known Member

I really liked the crown beneath the collar on the old uniforms, so I'm sad to see that go - thought I'm sure they made that decision to reduce clutter with the new nike logo and the blue diamond logo.

Also, I saw this:
    Paul Lukas @UniWatch
    Kings team spox confirms that although colors may look slightly different in new uni photos, team colors are unchanged.

I'm happy to hear this because I liked the older shade of purple better.

The revised side piping is FAR improved so I love to see that. And mostly, I'm so excited to see that the SAC jerseys will be our primary road uniforms
  4. Capt. Factorial

Capt. Factorial Cantry Member Staff Member Contributor

I actually kind of liked the look of the crown at the collar. And obviously the advertising logos are not my favorite thing.

Otherwise they seem about the same. I'm not sure whether the purple has changed - sometimes that color doesn't translate right in digital colorspaces so it might actually be the same on the fabric.

One thing I do like is that the NBA is now going away from the traditional home/road unis. Now for each team there will be a traditional white, a main color dark, and two other alternates (yet to be revealed, supposedly one "inspired by players" and the other "inspired by fans", whatever that means). The home team will get to select their preferred uni for each game and then the road team will pick a contrasting uni. No more "home = white" rule, that had been going by the wayside recently anyway. We might get to see a lot of dark vs dark (since our purple should contrast with most other darks) or dark vs alternate matchups, which sounds great to me.
  5. VF21

VF21 #KingsFansForever Staff Member Contributor

Totally agree! I guess they finally remembered they don't have to worry about people not being able to tell the difference between the teams if they're watching on a black and white TV. :p
  6. chasen4r1

chasen4r1 Well-Known Member

Another understated improvement, IMO, is the pattern of the fabric. When we switched to adidas, they switched to a vented mesh pattern that I never quite liked. Nike's new material looks like it is solid throughout and it makes the uniforms look a bit more crisp.
    ApolloDaGod likes this.
  7. Merdiesel

This might be what I like about it.. I like the fit a lot better as well. The old collar always seemed like WNBA jerseys to me.. Definitely like the old 90's style Champion brand jersey type.
    Tetsujin and chasen4r1 like this.
  8. origkds

origkds What- Me Worry? Contributor

There's color TV?
  9. upinsmoke

upinsmoke Well-Known Member

[​IMG]
    This was always my favorite jersey. I had a T. Edney one when I was a kid. BTW this changing the jerseys every other year is out of control now.
  10. kingsboi

kingsboi Well-Known Member

those blue diamond logos ruin it for me
    Vladizzle likes this.
  11. gunks

gunks Well-Known Member

Not a fan of advertising on uniforms, but at least it's not too obnoxious like in soccer.

For the longest time I thought Seattle's MLS team were called The Xbox.
  12. The Hammer

The Hammer Well-Known Member

Much better font and the blue diamond logo is fine if you ask me.
  13. Warhawk

Warhawk The cake is a lie. Staff Member Contributor

I can't beleive they are still running with the stupid capitalization scheme of "KInGS" on the unis. Looks absolutely rediculous. Just awful. Whoever started that should be fired. Then made to work for the Lakers and not get paid. :mad:
  14. funkykingston

funkykingston Well-Known Member

Does anyone else find it a bit funny that the "Old" photos feature Boogie and Rudy?
    chasen4r1 likes this.
  15. SLAB

SLAB Well-Known Member

As long as we still have the black and SAC alternates I'm happy.

..... so do we?
    VF21 and ńĆarolija like this.
  16. chief bromden

chief bromden Well-Known Member

I like the Blue Diamond logo on there. I'm all for advertising; keep that money flowing!
  17. Gary

Gary Well-Known Member

My favorite was always and will always be......

[​IMG]
    King Baller and ApolloDaGod like this.
  18. steelevt

steelevt Well-Known Member

Could be worse. The scheme could be "KInGs"...or is it? o_O
    VF21 likes this.
  19. Suicide King

Suicide King Well-Known Member

[​IMG] [​IMG]
    At the end of the painful slideshow.
    km23, Tetsujin and SLAB like this.
  20. Tetsujin

Tetsujin The Game Thread Dude

Looks like we're keeping the same alternates as last year (or at least similar ones). Good
    SLAB, VF21, km23 and 1 other person like this.
  21. Merdiesel

I know I wont be paying $100 to be a walking billboard. That's for sure.
  22. Spike

Spike Well-Known Member

I'm a fan. I think the Blue Diamond logo isn't that obtrusive.
  23. uolj

uolj Well-Known Member

Last I remember seeing they won't be putting the ads on the jerseys sold to the public (or will at least have the option).
    Merdiesel, VF21 and steelevt like this.
  24. KingsFanSince85

KingsFanSince85 Well-Known Member

Yeah, I read that both versions will be offered .. one with the Blue Diamond logo and one without. Smart move.
    Merdiesel and VF21 like this.
  25. KingsFanSince85

KingsFanSince85 Well-Known Member

Well, most the time we are a walking billboard anyway. Not only for the team but for the manufacturer of the jersey/shirt/shorts/pants/hat, etc. But I totally get what you're saying. Like you, I want to choose who I'm advertising for.
  26. VF21

Ah, interesting question. Will the retail jerseys include the advertising?
  27. VF21

Oops. I should have read the rest of the comments before I posted. :p
  28. Warhawk

Warhawk The cake is a lie. Staff Member Contributor

I thought so too. Doing a little googling:

http://m.sportsbusinessdaily.com/Jo...ting-and-Sponsorship/Kings-Blue-Diamond.aspx?

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/20094879/new-uniform-provider-nike-unveils-lighter-nba-jersey
  29. Fear the Putin

Fear the Putin Well-Known Member

Blue diamond almonds...nom, nom
    Smokehouse that is
    VF21 likes this.
  30. Merdiesel

Got an idea... how about 1/2 off with advertising.. I'd definitely be all for that.
    KingsFanSince85 and VF21 like this.