The Kevin Durant "Hot Take" Omnibus thread

You just brought up a point I didn't even think about. Not only did he desert OKC and their fans, he did so in a manner that hurt them as badly as was possible. They received no compensation at all. That's the worst.
yup. thats a big **** you to the franchise that has done what it can to bring balance to the team. they've surrounded with him with talent year after year. young talent to boot. they're gonna have to make a decision on russ soon. don't want to get fleeced twice!

what is GSW gonna offer OKC if they do a sign & trade? lol 3 future 1st? thats a slap in the face..

we're gonna experience the same crap this coming season if the team ain't winning and boogie decides to plan new places to go.

Well there is only one ball on the court at a time. The way to beat the Warriors will be to get physical with them. Bogut and Ezeli will be gone.
yup, cleveland changed the tide by getting physical w/ them. we'll beat them on the boards. just gotta slow it down, make it hard for them to make shots & only 1 shot by grabbing the boards.

So, those are my only options? "I love it," "I don't care," or "I'm a hater"? Miss me with that.
I'm thinking love/like/don't care/don't like/hate are available options. I don't know of any other options besides synonyms of those choices. So if you don't "cosign" every move, you aren't automatically labeled a hater.

Lol. So when you say "hire thugs to take out the knees of your competition so you sail to your championship ring", what's specifically makes my description of "violently cheating" hyperbole. The fact I called the act violent or cheating?
You made the point that if someone wins a championship then they are the Champ and anyone who doesnt like it are "haters." I gave an off the wall example in half jest to make the point how you win does matter. Durant go8ng to warriors and winning a ring does not elevate his greatness....its no different in my eyes to winnjng nothing.

You made the point that if someone wins a championship then they are the Champ and anyone who doesnt like it are "haters." I gave an off the wall example in half jest to make the point how you win does matter. Durant go8ng to warriors and winning a ring does not elevate his greatness....its no different in my eyes to winnjng nothing.
I never said that. I pointed out this thread has a bunch of warrior hater which I'm sure many won't doubt. I also said if you're a hater, you will find reasons to hate and belittle a championship. You made an off the wall example to prove your point. Using violence vs legal free agency signing and when I said they're not comparable calling taking out an opponents knees "violent cheating" you called it hyperbole. All I asked was what part of taking out opponents knees to get an easy path to a championship being labeled violent cheating hyperbole. Is it me calling it violent or cheating? Cuz those are the only 2 words I used to describe it

Mr. S£im Citrus

Doryphore of KingsFans.com
Staff member
I'm thinking love/like/don't care/don't like/hate are available options. I don't know of any other options besides synonyms of those choices. So if you don't "cosign" every move, you aren't automatically labeled a hater.
Alright, then. Let's suppose, for the sake of argument, that I accept your authority as the arbiter of hate etiquette. Tell me the @steelevt-approved way of saying "I think this move is bull****" that doesn't get me branded as a hater?

I knew when they threw last hears 'max' at Kanter the Thunder were'nt heading in the right direction. They'll soon know the life of a small market caught in the late-lotto/mid round.

Am I the only one who has the feeling that Durant is pulling a Lebron by going somewhere to win a championship , then moving on after he gets his. Durant's contact is only 2 years, with an option to opt out after 1 year.

no sign and trade options

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/16765088/oklahoma-city-thunder-mull-options-russell-westbrook

"Because of the type of contract Durant has decided to take with Golden State -- one year with a player option -- the Thunder cannot sign-and-trade him, meaning they will receive nothing in return for losing their franchise player."
Poor OKC fans ... they do not deserve it. Feel for them. I know KD does what is best for him and I guess you cannot blame him for that (well I kinda do, but I just believe that NBA is not just a traditional business and it is not about transactions) but still, he was the face of that franchise. I am sure DMC will never do that. He will make sure that Sacramento will get smth in return. I think he is that kind of person and KD is not apparently.

Alright, then. Let's suppose, for the sake of argument, that I accept your authority as the arbiter of hate etiquette. Tell me the @steelevt-approved way of saying "I think this move is bull****" that doesn't get me branded as a hater?
With the power and authority vested in me by the playa haters association, I allow you saying that you think the move is bs. If you added that you hope he fails, burn his jersey, or hope injury upon him you might be entering "hater" territory

Weak sauce, KD. Your ring, should you win one, will be tainted (though I doubt you'll care) and it'll haunt you until can earn one yourself.

Our Kings won't be ready anytime soon so, uh.....

...sick balls T'Wolves, sick balls!

At least not now but in a year or two, go GET THEM T'WOLVES.

Mr. S£im Citrus

Doryphore of KingsFans.com
Staff member
With the power and authority vested in me by the playa haters association, I allow you saying that you think the move is bs. If you added that you hope he fails, burn his jersey, or hope injury upon him you might be entering "hater" territory
Awww! There's no @steelevt-approved way of saying, "I hope he fails" that doesn't make me a hater? :(

Great players never are considered truly great unless they have a ring. Durant took the easy way out but who can blame him? After years pass, no one will remember how he got his ring but simply that he has one.
I disagree from several standpoints. There's vast differences in how players such as Kevin Durant, LeBron James and Kobe Bryant are viewed versus how important role players such as Robert Horry, Ray Allen, Manu Ginobili are viewed. Horry, Allen and Ginobili have multiple rings between them and are highly respected ... but they aren't elite level players that were expected to carry their teams to titles largely upon their shoulders.

Kobe Bryant's legacy would be much different had he only won titles as Shaq's sidekick and never on his own. He still would have been considered a great player, but never on the level he is considered now. He needed at least 1 title as the leading man. He got 2.

LeBron James already had validation as an alpha leading a team to multiple championships. But because of the way the team was constructed, he didn't have the same validation in the eyes of some peers, fans, and media as Jordan, Duncan, Kobe and other elite level superstar players. That all changed when he led Cleveland to the title.

KD is an elite level talent that will never be validated unless he leads his own team to a title. Becoming a glorified role player on a loaded Golden State team that has already proven that it can win without him won't do the trick. I've heard some say that he wants a title so badly that he doesn't care what others think or say about him. I call shenanigans. If he's so deadset on a title that he's willing to join a proven team and a rival that he couldn't beat, it tells me that he (A) cares about what people will think about his legacy should he never win a title or (B) realizes that he will never be satisfied with his career unless he wins a title.

In either situation, how can he ever feel truly validated with a ring that that he didn't have a huge impact in winning? This isn't Robert Horry or Steve Kerr or Chris Bosh were talking about. This guy is a former MVP, scoring champion and considered one of the top 5 players in the entire league. The rules are different for players like him, fair or unfair.

As I said before, Golden State has won without him. Quite recently. Winning it again with KD on the roster doesn't prove that KD is an all-time great. He won't ever enter than club unless he leads his own team. Someday, that might actually mean something to him.

SacTownKid

Hall of Famer
Not that I think the rivalries are comparable, but this is the equivalent to Webber leaving the Kings to join the Lakers after the 2002 series. I know people said the same thing about Lebron going to Miami being a can't beat 'em, join 'em scenario but this not even remotely debatable, this is exactly that. This is a weaksauce move.

No issues with this.

Demarcus will dominate the paint with Bogut gone and with DJ onboard our perimeter defence will lift significantly. The warriors and going all on with their perimeter style and let it be.
GS just signed Zaza so there's that, and lets get real they will flat murder us.
But our goal shouldn't be beating a 73-win team that just added Kevin ****ing Durant, it's breaking 40 on the win count and hopefully fight to get the 7-8 seed.

Makes me hate him even more. There's no coming back from this KD, you're a ***** in my book for eternity.
He actually said 'fight through' because Dion gave up an open lane to pass to him. It's whatever, reddit made a big deal out of it to.

Durant signed a 2 year because he is opting out next year and resigning since he will be a 10 year vet and his max will be 35% instead of 30%.

GS just signed Zaza so there's that, and lets get real they will flat murder us.
But our goal shouldn't be beating a 73-win team that just added Kevin ****ing Durant, it's breaking 40 on the win count and hopefully fight to get the 7-8 seed.
and we'll get there. I have all the faith that with DJ on board now we are looking 6/7 seed, 8th at worst.

If it wasnt for Karl we were there last season.

Yeah that Zaza signing is great for them but im still tipping my hat to DMC to murder him

I think it's just fine he joined the Warriors. He gave 9 years to the OKC franchise and now he has a chance to be part of a historical basketball team. Joining them is no guarantee of a ring, especially on a two year deal, but it gives him a chance to play with a once in a generation talent in Curry and a team that loves to play together. The idea that a championship will be tainted because you joined a couple other great players is absolutely ridiculous considering the history of championship teams. Kudos to Durant for making what he feels is the best decision for himself.