The future of DMC? (split)

But IMHO the kind of sales pitch LA would toss at him isn't the kind of bait he would be interested in. He doesn't crave the bright lights of the big city and that's their biggest bauble. I strongly suspect he'd really like to end up with John Wall. And that would work out quite nicely. I would give anything to see a Boogie-Wall team in the NBA. I guess we'll all just have to wait and see what happens. He could surprise us all and actually stay in New Orleans. Or not...
id say hes out of NO and he'll pick a good landing place. LA has Ball and some very good young pieces. If OKC dont hit their mark and Paul George joins hey we're talking a pretty solid well build team with young pieces. It all becomes much more appealing. Anyway parking that, id like to see him join the Wiz also with Wall, perhaps they'd have to trade beal or porter to free up cap room but they could get Bledsloe the following year on the cheap when he enters FA. Id say thats the plan for them all, to reunite in WAS. Brooks is a solid players coach too. Id be more than happy with that. Keeping Marcin would give you a great frontline or you could move him to the bench as he enters his twilight yrs

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
id say hes out of NO and he'll pick a good landing place. LA has Ball and some very good young pieces. If OKC dont hit their mark and Paul George joins hey we're talking a pretty solid well build team with young pieces. It all becomes much more appealing. Anyway parking that, id like to see him join the Wiz also with Wall, perhaps they'd have to trade beal or porter to free up cap room but they could get Bledsloe the following year on the cheap when he enters FA. Id say thats the plan for them all, to reunite in WAS. Brooks is a solid players coach too. Id be more than happy with that. Keeping Marcin would give you a great frontline or you could move him to the bench as he enters his twilight yrs
I want to see him in the Eastern Conference, not in small part because it will hurt just a little less when he eventually makes it to the big show. I could laugh through my tears if he went to the Finals and was able to beat the best of the West (if it happened to be the Warriors it would be the pretty pink flower on the icing on the cake).

Ball is a hot mess and no way Cuz wants to be anywhere near the Lavar Show.

Ball is a hot mess and no way Cuz wants to be anywhere near the Lavar Show.
I thinks there is a real misconception here. Sacramento Demarcus isnt the same as Demarcus now. That trade has changed him.

He's a fan of Lavar and respects him going off his recent post of the two together on instagram (ahh yes social media - note the caption). End of the day i am not ruling out the lakers and Ball (Lonzo) is doing well running that offense. The Lavar piece is a non issue id say to Demarcus and im sure knowing who he is he'll recruit boogie hard. Whether his pitch is as strong as Wall's, coach Pop or the Celtics (i feel how Ainge treated IT blackmarks them in DMC's eyes) is to be seen.

Instagram reference below - 6 days ago:

https://www.instagram.com/p/BalFfeMjdIS/?hl=en&taken-by=boogiecousins

I thinks there is a real misconception here. Sacramento Demarcus isnt the same as Demarcus now. That trade has changed him.

He's a fan of Lavar and respects him going off his recent post of the two together on instagram (ahh yes social media - note the caption). End of the day i am not ruling out the lakers and Ball (Lonzo) is doing well running that offense. The Lavar piece is a non issue id say to Demarcus and im sure knowing who he is he'll recruit boogie hard. Whether his pitch is as strong as Wall's, coach Pop or the Celtics (i feel how Ainge treated IT blackmarks them in DMC's eyes) is to be seen.

Instagram reference below - 6 days ago:

https://www.instagram.com/p/BalFfeMjdIS/?hl=en&taken-by=boogiecousins
I have a feeling DMC will go to the Lakers... it's the only organization big enough to match his personality... plus the revenge factor on the Kings... you know that's going to motivate him.

I have a feeling DMC will go to the Lakers... it's the only organization big enough to match his personality... plus the revenge factor on the Kings... you know that's going to motivate him.
I think Cousins will go where he feels he has the best chance to win. The Lakers have a long way to go before they are good IMO.

really hope this isnt the case but yeah, the writing is on the wall for me

I think Cousins will go where he feels he has the best chance to win. The Lakers have a long way to go before they are good IMO.
Franchises like the Lakers dont stay bad for long. Big markets always win in the end and their cycles back to relevance are systematically shorter then small market teams

really hope this isnt the case but yeah, the writing is on the wall for me

Franchises like the Lakers dont stay bad for long. Big markets always win in the end and their cycles back to relevance are systematically shorter then small market teams
This isn't as true as it used to be. It used to be that players couldn't get the big endorsements unless they were in a big market. League Pass and overall tv coverage has changed that. This is the longest period of time the Lakers have been bad during my lifetime and here's to hoping it lasts a long time.

This isn't as true as it used to be. It used to be that players couldn't get the big endorsements unless they were in a big market. League Pass and overall tv coverage has changed that. This is the longest period of time the Lakers have been bad during my lifetime and here's to hoping it lasts a long time.
Here's to that. With Johnson and Pelika at the helm though and a good assortment of young pieces they are on a similar trajectory as us i feel with the added benefit of being in LA and being the Lakers.

HndsmCelt

Hall of Famer
How Cousins perceives the loyalty of any potential future team is going to be a main consideration.
Which is exactly why I will not be surprised to see Denver try to make room for him if they either miss the play offs or cant get out of the first round. The teams history might not inspire loyalty but Malone does.

Last Friday I was out at lunch and I looked up at the TV they had in the restaurant and I could have sworn I saw some headline about Vlade and Cousins with 2018 max contract up there. Was there a story on this?

Addendum to my earlier post: According to ESPN and Elias, the last player with 40/20/10 prior to tonight was Kareem Abdul-Jabbar on February 26th 1972.

My bad, I simply reported what the New Orleans local broadcast team had reported.

Wilt accomplished the feat 6x. Boogie, Kareem, Elgin Baylor and Oscar Robertson have all done it ONCE.
Although very unlikely to happen, Boogie can easily squeeze in a 2nd one before his career ends. Heck, if he does happen to squeeze in a 2nd, and he still has some mileage left in his tank at that time, I can easily see a 3rd. I doubt he will have enough in his tank for more, though. But, then, I've been proven wrong many times in my life...

hrdboild

Moloch in whom I dream Angels!
Staff member