[2016] The Finals

Who ya got?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Feels good man. I am so glad LeBron brought a Championship to his home. All of the discussions to follow about the "legitimacy" of the Warriors win last year and the back to back MVPs performance during the NBA finals is going to be absolutely hilarious to follow. I love me some overreactions and they are going to be spectacular.

great game by Kyrie, game winner and everything, LeBron James with another incredible performance, and when the spotlight was brightest, Kevin Love with the crucial defense against Curry to seal it (is a sentence I would not have expected to ever need to type out). altogether

congrats to Cleveland, well deserved.

Last edited by a moderator:
Meh. Screw Cleveland. I don't care that gs lost. Just wish it wasn't to Cleveland. Personally don't care for the city, team or fans. Lebron on the other hand deserves everything he earned. Championship, mvp, EVERYTHING. He was great in the playoffs and proved that put him on any team, anywhere and they are automatic title contenders.

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
historic game on so many levels....Kyrie outplayed the MVP for the entire series. Kudos. Hopefully this is the end of the short lived era of small ball winning championships.

K

king07

Meh. Screw Cleveland. I don't care that gs lost. Just wish it wasn't to Cleveland. Personally don't care for the city, team or fans. Lebron on the other hand deserves everything he earned. Championship, mvp, EVERYTHING. He was great in the playoffs and proved that put him on any team, anywhere and they are automatic title contenders.
My thoughts exactly. I'm very happy for Lebron but those entitled fans who burned his jerseys after 'the decision' didn't deserve it. Warriors got cocky after being up 3-1, there were some questionable calls in games 5 and 6 but they flat out choked today in the fourth quarter.

I definitely don't want the Kings to pay Barnes now........ the guy has been terrible. Barnes is literally the same player he came into the league as.. the only difference is that he's become more disciplined on D. He has not made strides on offense. His shooting is suspect... benefits greatly from playing alongside 2 of the best shooters in the NBA. Please don't give him the max....

Another side note.... I'll just leave it here......: Lebron is GOAT

I definitely don't want the Kings to pay Barnes now........ the guy has been terrible. Barnes is literally the same player he came into the league as.. the only difference is that he's become more disciplined on D. He has not made strides on offense. His shooting is suspect... benefits greatly from playing alongside 2 of the best shooters in the NBA. Please don't give him the max....

Another side note.... I'll just leave it here......: Lebron is GOAT
Yeah, I'm looking forward to the Lakers overpaying Barnes.

Cleveland beat the Warriors defensively with their own gimmick. Thankfully Lue put Love where he needed to be, went small, and switched. Although Love owned the boards early and that was a positive. I hope the Kings do what they need to on the wing to be able to switch pick and roll with success. If you can't switch these days, I don't see a championship in your future.

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
Cleveland beat the Warriors defensively with their own gimmick. Thankfully Lue put Love where he needed to be, went small, and switched. Although Love owned the boards early and that was a positive. I hope the Kings do what they need to on the wing to be able to switch pick and roll with success. If you can't switch these days, I don't see a championship in your future.
I think Cleveland watched lots of tape on how OKC was defending them and implemented that same formula. I said it in that series. The blueprint to beat them was there, it just wasn't executed enough.

Sounds like a great deciding game and a great series for Cleveland. Sorry that the Warriors couldn't do it in these last games and bring a victory to Northerm California.

What a heck of a game.

Both teams put it out all on the line. Lebron showed he's still the best in the world. Curry has been absent ever since Westbrook used him as his personal chew toy.

Wanted both teams to lose, but that was a game 7 for the record books.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
My thoughts exactly. I'm very happy for Lebron but those entitled fans who burned his jerseys after 'the decision' didn't deserve it. Warriors got cocky after being up 3-1, there were some questionable calls in games 5 and 6 but they flat out choked today in the fourth quarter.
Entitled fans? I think they were fully justified in burning his jersey at the time. He made a very poor judgment call with "The Decision" and had I lived in Cleveland and been a Cavs fan, I would have been right there with the torch and accelerant.