The dream comes to fruition

It is so beautiful - that building at night. That photo blew me away because I thought it looked like a rendering. When following the pics on twitter with the huge windows open, the open feel, the assorted concourse shots. This place is just magnificent.

I am really excited about the STH open house they are gonna have Sept 25 - just can't wait. They're saying it will be "done" then - two weeks ahead of the McCartney concert

Looks absolutely stunning in the above pic. Can't wait to see it fully completed when everything is cleaned up and the finishing touches are added.

Now to win the lottery so I can make that trip.

Ain't she beautiful?

Amazed that this has came out looking even more spectacular than the renderings. It's going to be stunning at night with all the lights on. I'm excited as hell and I won't even get to see it in the flesh. Happy for you guys who have been waiting years for this moment.

I'm going tomorrow 10AM. Wonder what kind of setup they will have - if it has court laid down or concrete on the main floor with folded up club seats like a photo Phil Horn just posted on twitter. Can't wait anyway - just to cross the threshold into this place will be awesome.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
I'm going tomorrow 10AM. Wonder what kind of setup they will have - if it has court laid down or concrete on the main floor with folded up club seats like a photo Phil Horn just posted on twitter. Can't wait anyway - just to cross the threshold into this place will be awesome.
Pictures. I want to see pictures. ;)

Pictures. I want to see pictures. ;)
I was happier with my upper level seats than my lower level seats. The pitch is steeper, and the legroom is more comfortable. Not knocking shins against, you guessed it.. cupholders lol. It is high - but kind of in a majestic "e-ticket ride" kind of way. I will probably sit here for the Hiafa game, and certainly for the Wolves second home game:

My lower seats are an amazing view - dead center. But legroom is not plentiful and the cup holder is a shin buster. Nobody can walk out the row without everybody standing up the let them - just too snug by an inch. But we'll all get used to it. I think the real issue is all the chair padding took up space. If the seats were hard plastic, I'd have that extra leg room.. but I guess it's a tradeoff. For me, the lower level will take more getting used to than the upper level. Will be great for more petite people.

By the way - I'm really happy for Section 101 who I believe bought row A. Row A has comparable legroom to the club seats. If I can relocate to Row A next year I will probably try. But... it's just a bit intimate that's all.

I thought the overhead 4K display was going to be larger -- like the entire length of the structure. It's about half that size. Still looks cool, just smaller than I imagined from what was described months ago.

With regard to the cup holders, I guess whomever said there weren't going to be any was quite wrong.

The concourse on the closed end - lower level - is LIT!! Just beautiful with the vintage neon signs. Nice street taco stand with "3 for $10" plate. Not bad. And got to see the visitor and home locker rooms. Piglet statue was covered up today. I could not find any coffee in the whole arena... that has GOT to be remediated...

My lower seats are an amazing view - dead center. But legroom is not plentiful and the cup holder is a shin buster. Nobody can walk out the row without everybody standing up the let them - just too snug by an inch. But we'll all get used to it. I think the real issue is all the chair padding took up space. If the seats were hard plastic, I'd have that extra leg room.. but I guess it's a tradeoff. For me, the lower level will take more getting used to than the upper level. Will be great for more petite people.

By the way - I'm really happy for Section 101 who I believe bought row A. Row A has comparable legroom to the club seats. If I can relocate to Row A next year I will probably try. But... it's just a bit intimate that's all.

Yep row A. I wasn't expecting EEE and FFF to be in front of me before the bar there. But the seats in front of me are wider. You can see the difference in this pic how they are offset.

I'm shocked how low the upper bowl standing room rail is. I can see a kid running around and going right over.
rail.jpg
For those looking at the locker rooms. the smaller one is visitors. The kings have the big chairs.

Yep row A. I wasn't expecting EEE and FFF to be in front of me before the bar there. But the seats in front of me are wider. You can see the difference in this pic how they are offset.

I'm shocked how low the upper bowl standing room rail is. I can see a kid running around and going right over.
View attachment 5766
For those looking at the locker rooms. the smaller one is visitors. The kings have the big chairs.
Sit in row B and see the huge difference in legroom. you scored bro!!

I thought the overhead 4K display was going to be larger -- like the entire length of the structure. It's about half that size. Still looks cool, just smaller than I imagined from what was described months ago.

With regard to the cup holders, I guess whomever said there weren't going to be any was quite wrong.
It's really big and fabulous in real life. Too bad they didn't hang it at game level for tonight. You can see it really great from any side view seats.

My son and I went the am. Great experience. This is my 32nd season as a STH. First time using Paratransit. Gra service. My seats 126 J 3&4 were separated from Row I by a metal "fence" which took away knee room and drink holder. Not a good match for my bum knees. Otherwise it was great. Sorry, VF21 , no pictures. The sign shown in one of the pictures above of Franke's Pharmacy was particularly nostalgic for me. My father had a 5 & 10 cent store next door to Franke's from 1933 to 1961. My mother ate lunch at Franke's each workday for decades.

Beautiful place. Lots of good helpful staff. A few service things that need to be tweaked but overall great stuff. Even saw Isaih Cousins through the window to he practice facility.

Last edited: