The Coach Suggestions Thread

Alright, since we all know this is coming, I figured I'd be the one to start it. So, include THREE suggestions for candidates you think could bring this team forward and in a new direction for next season and beyond, and reasons.

Mine:

1.) Rudy Tomjanovic: Proven Championship coach, great credentials, still relatively young in the scope of things, only his health and desire to come back could be a concern. Additionally, he has always scouted Europe heavily, and could possibly team well with Petrie in this regard. His teams have always won, and he remains one of the most qualified candidates on any list.

2.) Marc Iavaroni (Phoenix Suns Asst.): He's never been given a shot as a head coach, which is exactly why he'd interest me. There would be no bigger "fresh start" than a guy that comes from the run&gun Suns and seems to have an upbeat, positive, and forward-thinking attitude in all facets of the game. Plus, I have a sneaking suspicion that this was who Petrie actually wanted all along.

3.) Stan Van Gundy: Muscled out of a power-grab in Miami, still brings a great pedigree and is known for his relationships with players and ability to milk talent from his starting lineup down to the 8th, 9th, and 12th men on the roster- a quality that Rick seemed to have as well. Could be the right time to get a coach whose star seems to be rising, and could flourish in a situation where he's given both weapons and time.

I'll skip listing any of the several college coaches who might qualify (since I have absolutely no idea what it would take to lure them to Sac), but another name that must be mentioned is Vlade's. From what I've gathered, he will be available this summer & is hoping to come back to the US.

Maybe not head coach right off, but he'd be an excellent assistant, and a great apprentice to serve under someone more experienced (who might want to retire in a few years).

I'll skip listing any of the several college coaches who might qualify (since I have absolutely no idea what it would take to lure them to Sac), but another name that must be mentioned is Vlade's. From what I've gathered, he will be available this summer & is hoping to come back to the US.

Maybe not head coach right off, but he'd be an excellent assistant, and a great apprentice to serve under someone more experienced (who might want to retire in a few years).
Is he still the Lakers Euro scout or something right now?

Rudy's not coaching anymore. The guy is a cult figure down here in houston and people still say fire Van Gundy and somehow get Rudy T back. He's a phenomenal coach who got us two rings and for crying out loud nearly got a team made up of Steve Francis, Cat Mobley, Mo Taylor, Kelvin Cato, and Yao Ming (as a rookie who's nothing like he is now) to the playoffs and would've made it if he hadn't been diagnosed with cancer and had to leave midway.

Anyway, he works himself to death which is the reason he left the Rockets and then left the Lakers. His health just isn't there anymore.