Thanksgiving and the Kings.

I am feeling pretty darn good about the Kings these days, and I am thankful for that. I have regained a positive attitude, win or lose. I am sure everyone has certain issues of concern, good and bad. Here are my Thanksgiving feelings.

It started this summer with Darius Songaila. He allegedly signed with the Kings for less money than his agent wanted to stay in Sacramento. He plays hard every night and makes a difference in most games. His enthusiasm and smiles remind me of the Kings as they were five years ago when we were climbing to the top. He is not a spoiled millionaire-punk. He had a very modest childhood in Latvia, and his father is paralyzed from a construction accident. Darius appreciates what has been given to him.

Greg Ostertag, the man who gave his sister a kidney, is glad to be playing for the Kings. Singing in front of his locker, laughing, telling jokes, and running-off at the mouth. He will surprise eveyone this year with improvements in his game. His story will be a testiment to the quality and style of coaching by Rick Adelman and the crew.

I am very pleased that Chris Webber has become a focused team player. He is backing up blustery, and in my opinion, unfortunate statements made at the close of the last season. If he stays healthy, this may be his best year of his career.

Doug Christie is a model player and citizen. He is a credit to Sacramento. One is never certain just how injured he may be because he is so tough. I think Doug may really be the team captain, at least emotionally.

Bobby Jackson is still the inspiration that wins close games. He has struggled this year with his injury and subsequent game. He has made some bad on-court decisions, but will improve and continue to be a driving force in the Kings efforts. With Bobby around, Kings fans need not worry about team secrets. He always tells it as he sees it, and he is on the inside.

Pedja Stojakovic: After asking for a trade over a crazy summer of blown out of proportion "chemistry issues, and numerous trade talks and rumors that have ensued, he seems to be settling down and is becoming assertive with his game. He is gradually becoming his usual dominant self from the perimeter and is also going strong to the hoop occasionally. His defese also seems to improve every season. He still needs to go after the boards, become a better one-on-one player and needs to demand the ball more often because simply he is that good.

Last edited:
KingKong said:
Pedja Stojakovic: After asking for a trade over a crazy summer of blown out of proportion "chemistry issues, and numerous trade talks and rumors that have ensued, he seems to be settling down and is becoming assertive with his game. He is gradually becoming his usual dominant self from the perimeter and is also going strong to the hoop occasionally. His defese also seems to improve every season. He still needs to go after the boards, become a better one-on-one player and needs to demand the ball more often because simply he is that good.
yeah, you bring up a godo point. peja's defense has really improved over the years. there's no way, 3 years ago, anyone would allow him to guard tmac one-on-one. if he starts working on his rebounding and one-on-one offensive skills like his defense, he's going to be unstoppable.

until then, here's to you peja. keep up the good work, and please, stay a king.