Thank you Greg Ostertag!!!

SacTownKid

Hall of Famer
For what I don't know.

Just kidding. I truly think this guy is a class act and funny as hell to boot. I wish Adelman would have played him consistently this season because I feel that he could have been huge for this team but thats Ricks decision and he had his reasons I'm sure.

SacTownKid said:
I wish Adelman would have played him consistently this season because I feel that he could have been huge for this team but thats Ricks decision and he had his reasons I'm sure.
I just wish I knew what they were.
~~

hey tag still got one more year w/ us, rite? well if he does, tag I will enroll you in a gym put u on a high prot low fat diet, build up some muscle mass, work on your inside game, stamina, jumping, and hair cut......man we'll have a mean back up center next year

SacTownKid

Hall of Famer
I have a theory that Greg was meant to be an expiring contract for this offseason as trade bait in the first place. Last season there were supposedly quite a few teams interested, the main one being Dallas but he ended up here.

skillet said:
hey tag still got one more year w/ us, rite? well if he does, tag I will enroll you in a gym put u on a high prot low fat diet, build up some muscle mass, work on your inside game, stamina, jumping, and hair cut......man we'll have a mean back up center next year
See I don't think we can have those kind of expectations... like when Vlade was here, we knew he was still smoking and avoiding the gym like the plague. He wasn't on the team for his athleticism.

Tag is a big body that staked our claim to the paint. We have nobody else who can do that consistently. He is our best shotblocker. He is our best rebounder. Tag goes in, the layups stop. He is also a pretty good passer and does not hurt our offense much because he doesn't try to do things he's not capable of, and he sets great screens. I don't see what people have against Tag (especially Rick). So what if the guy's "out of shape" when he can go in 15-20 minutes a game and dominate the inside for stretches.

Shaq was out of shape, and he seemed to manage just fine.
~~

F

Fillmoe

loopymitch said:
Maybe you'll get lucky enough to get out of RA's doghouse next year. Whatever you did don't do it again.
oh he will be out of the dog house, as in with another team........ i dont think the kings are gonna keep him

Sorry, but Tag admitted he was totally out of shape just weeks ago. Shame on him. I saw at a game that he couldn't run (using that term loosely here) up and down the court once without gasping for air. Makes it hard to be useful. Apparently after tha they worked him to death to try and get him up to speed and he really did work at it. I like Tag, but if the Kings do give him a chance next year he better show up in shape, because he ain't no Vlade.

SacTownKid

Hall of Famer
kennadog said:
Sorry, but Tag admitted he was totally out of shape just weeks ago. Shame on him. I saw at a game that he couldn't run (using that term loosely here) up and down the court once without gasping for air. Makes it hard to be useful. Apparently after tha they worked him to death to try and get him up to speed and he really did work at it. I like Tag, but if the Kings do give him a chance next year he better show up in shape, because he ain't no Vlade.
He also expected to get playing time to work into shape, like a lot of player do! So shame on Rick Adelman as well. Greg could say a lot of things about why he should be played but he took the high road. CLASS ACT 110%. You would have figured that his good play would have gotten him more minutes. Even Rick said he needed to find him more minutes after a good showing. That never materialised for some reason.

kennadog said:
I'm pretty sure its a player option for 1 more year, but if opts for the year, the Kings could trade him.
Isn't it for like close to 5 mil? He'd have to be an idiot(or not like money) to walk away from that after this season.

SacTownKid

Hall of Famer
I don't think there is an option. hoopshype.com has no option listed. Like I said earlier it fits along the lines of making him an expiring deal for next season, for trade reasons, which must have been why he was initially brought here.

SacTownKid said:
I don't think there is an option. hoopshype.com has no option listed. Like I said earlier it fits along the lines of making him an expiring deal for next season, for trade reasons, which must have been why he was initially brought here.
He was def signed for 2. I know that for sure. Maybe hoopshype.com is wrong?

SacTownKid

Hall of Famer
KP said:
He was def signed for 2. I know that for sure. Maybe hoopshype.com is wrong?
He was signed for 2. This upcoming year will be the final year of his deal making him a valuable trade asset this coming season.

I like Greg and do think he has class as a person. But he admitted it was his fault for being out of shape. While Skinner was in Philly on the bench he kept in shape. That's what you do as a professional athelete. Did Bobby just sit around and get fat while he couldn't play? 'Tag sorely disappointed me in that respect.