Terry being traded to Houston

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Still depends on if they are totally unguaranteed, protections on the pick we send, etc.
Seriously? This is a way to move an unwanted player. I don't recall anyone being happy we even got Jason Terry to begin with, but now some are afraid we didn't get enough for him?

Sorry, guys. I have better things to worry about than some non-guaranteed players we're getting in a trade for a player who wasn't in the team's plans going forward anyway. I'll let you all continue with the hand wringing. I'm gonna go back and celebrate Team USA's win. :)

Apparently we're getting Alonzo gee back and unguaranteed contracts. I know Gee was on the Cavs. Anyone know anything about him? Will we waive him?

Seriously? This is a way to move an unwanted player. I don't recall anyone being happy we even got Jason Terry to begin with, but now some are afraid we didn't get enough for him?

Sorry, guys. I have better things to worry about than some non-guaranteed players we're getting in a trade for a player who wasn't in the team's plans going forward anyway. I'll let you all continue with the hand wringing. I'm gonna go back and celebrate Team USA's win. :)
Hand wringing? Get a grip. I don't think its that big a deal either way . Just feels like low return/high cost for a decent sized expiring we didn't need to play.

My god, I can't believe some people are complaining about this one too! Terry never played for the Kings, and he was never going to play for us. trading his guaranteed contract for a bench of non-guaranteed contracts is a great move.

What do you think we were going to get for him? A first round pick? An all star level player? Lebron? Please...

J

jdbraver

Oh, I'm sorry. I haven't seen our current roster play together. I'd kind of like to see how Nik actually plays AS A SCORING GUARD before I decide he's really terrible.
Because only having one scoring guard is enough?

J

jdbraver

My god, I can't believe some people are complaining about this one too! Terry never played for the Kings, and he was never going to play for us. trading his guaranteed contract for a bench of non-guaranteed contracts is a great move.

What do you think we were going to get for him? A first round pick? An all star level player? Lebron? Please...
We gave up assets to unload an expiring deal. It doesn't cripple us but it's backwards thinking.

I didn't think we were ever going to get much for him. Just think its funny that people praised the Thornton for terry deal for how much easier it would be to unload and we got nothing plus had to add 2 picks. Thornton already was traded again for a better deal.

Because only having one scoring guard is enough?
guards on the kings that can score:
Darren Collison
Ray McCallum
Nik Stauskas (Shooting guard like Terry)
Ben Mclemore (Sg like Terry)
Wayne Ellington (Sg like Terry)

oh no, why the hell did they got rid of Terry! We all expected him to play significant minutes this upcoming season.
Trading Terry and giving up 2nd rounders cleary is a sign of upcoming moves, so just relax and watch :)

J

jdbraver

guards on the kings that can score:
Darren Collison
Ray McCallum
Nik Stauskas (Shooting guard like Terry)
Ben Mclemore (Sg like Terry)
Wayne Ellington (Sg like Terry)

oh no, why the hell did they got rid of Terry! We all expected him to play significant minutes this upcoming season.
Trading Terry and giving up 2nd rounders cleary is a sign of upcoming moves, so just relax and watch :)
Maybe you haven't seen most of those guys play collison is the only one that has proven he belongs on an nba roster full time.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
I didn't think we were ever going to get much for him. Just think its funny that people praised the Thornton for terry deal for how much easier it would be to unload and we got nothing plus had to add 2 picks. Thornton already was traded again for a better deal.
Some people praised the Thornton for Terry deal because it got rid of Thornton.

dude12

Hall of Famer
Bitching cause we sent a player with zero value but took up cap room and used 2 nd round picks to do it. Don't overvalue the 2 nd round picks, don't overvalue Terry....I'm amazed we could offload him now. Gives us wiggle room for other low level deals or signings......unless one wants to just roll the dice on some second second rounders....geez.

J

jdbraver

Bitching cause we sent a player with zero value but took up cap room and used 2 nd round picks to do it. Don't overvalue the 2 nd round picks, don't overvalue Terry....I'm amazed we could offload him now. Gives us wiggle room for other low level deals or signings......unless one wants to just roll the dice on some second second rounders....geez.
Tell that to IT.