Telemachus Prediction Game 2016-17: (Prediction-) Game Over!! See You in a New Thread Next Season

Well, that was expected...

But perhaps so was the lowest participation ever in the prediction thread. :(

We were hovering around this record for days, ever since we lost about half the prediction cadre to "the trade"...
And tonight we hit rock-bottom with only 8 predictors! :eek:
(Previous low was 11)

Summary:
20170307_080247.png

Tonight

5 of 8 predictors tonight posted L predictions.

@Ron missed the margin by just 1 point and was "in the neighbourhood" of both teams' scores and tallied a nice 64.

@Glenn was even closer to the scores of both teams (but further off in regards to margin) to score 61.

@Telemachus and @bubulina were both only one point off the Kings' actual exact score, and both totalled 51.

This was @Ron's 5th daily win of the season.

Season

We have a new leader!

Not the way I would have chosen to take the lead... :( (passing a long-absent player, and having the lowest-ever show-up as audience...)

Still, I (@Ron) took the lead tonight, passing @alonshin.

Leaderboard:
20170307_063345.png

Last edited:
SAS on the road...
with the current roster...
Seems an easy prediction.

BUT...

We're the #Kangz !

I_want_you_SAC_Kings_ICON.jpg
Predictions are ON for Kings game #64:
On the road vs the Spurs, Wednesday 3/8, 5:30PM.

Last edited:
From +38 to -10 in a slow but sure run...
Boy, is that tanking stuff our thing!

It's such a franchise comfort zone, that it almost feels good.

No it's not. :(

Summary:
20170309_071907.png

Daily:

11 predictors with a 3 to 8 W/L split.
(No Kawhi and LMA played a part there, probably).
Those 3 must have felt comfortable when the lead was 59-31, but... #Kangz.

No super-high scores tonight.
@Tomcat and @SLAB shared the lead with 52 points, and @Telemachus (50), @Glenn (49) and @LoungeLizard (48) followed close behind.
(@SLAB was the only one who came closes to the actual margin. The rest were close to either Kings' or Spurs' scores).

It was @Tomcat 's 5th and @SLAB 's 3rd daily win of the season (see below).

Daily winners:
20170309_073406.png

Season:

@Ron held the 1st place, while @LoungeLizard took 2nd from the absent @alonshin (I DID try to bring the guy back in a private conversation. No reply yet...:().

@SLAB swapped with @VF21 in places 8-9,
@bubulina swapped with the absent @chief bromden in places 12-13,
@New Era swapped with @gunks in places 20-21, and
@Glenn swapped with @Russell Pimphustler in places 22-23.

Leaderboard:
20170309_072019.png

I'll be there to watch this one. I'm 2-1 this season at G1. Wins vs Blazers and Warriors and a loss vs the Clippers. Bought these Tix pre Cuz trade....so yeah, hoping to see the kids play some.

Kings 107
Wizards 105

Why not?! It could happen, right?!

Well...
Season-wise the Wizards may have a negative record on the road, but right now they are SMOKING!
(And if you're an NBA team that't NOT bad for you ;), whatever Surgeon General says..).
They only lost 5 of their last 25 games (80% Ws), and most of those scarce losses were on home games!
They only lost ONE road game from the beginning if February!

And yet...

I'm gonna shock myself and ordict we give them road L number 2!!!

(Because... #Kangz !)

Kings 112
Wizz 111

I'll be there to watch this one. I'm 2-1 this season at G1. Wins vs Blazers and Warriors and a loss vs the Clippers. Bought these Tix pre Cuz trade....so yeah, hoping to see the kids play some.

Kings 107
Wizards 105

Why not?! It could happen, right?!
We crossed posts on this one.
We prepared them simultaneously, so
I didn't see yours before posting mine.
(4 minutes later...)

I guess great twisted certain-kind-of minds think a like... :D

I thought you all may find some interest in our prediction game jubilee:

We are rapidly nearing the 1,000th prediction post of this game!

I won't specify the exact number of predictions we are at right now, so that participants will not try to time their posts accordingly (I hereby declare that I will NOT let myself be the one who crosses that millenium line!).

I can only tell you that we are close, and I expect the 1,000th prediction to be posted either for this current (Wizzards) game or for the next (Nuggets) game the following day.
(We have a back-to-back March 10th & 11th, in case you didn't know).

So go on predicting, and you might get to be the lucky millenium predictor!

Any ideas for the prize that will be given to the lucky 1,000th prediction poster?

I thought they can have the prediction game named after them, for good or for the season
(How would you like to be part of the Bubulina Prediction Season, or perhaps play in the 1st season of the Telemachus Games? :D)
Either that, or they get to choose an avatar for me, that I will have to stick with for a whole week. :confused:

Have a better idea? Just tell me/us.
And quick! It's not that far ahead! :)

Last edited: